ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-22-2023, 06:25 PM

Thanked 4,422 Times in 2,536 Posts
Default Quick thoughts on the game

1. Those refs suck.

2.Minshew is meh. Not a plus to our team, and possibly a minus.

3. Brents better not be hurt bad.

4. PJ Walker is Minshew, but with a better supporting cast.

5. Taylor seems to be rounding into shape.

6. We aren't going anywhere this season, anyway. That said, we also are not gettinh Marvin jr.

7. Nelson needs that toe to get better, or he will never get to the Nelson we paid good money for.

8. Did I mention the refs suck? I usually just shrug my head at bad calls, but this game seemed to be us vs. Cleveland and the refs from the start.

9. i won't fault Baker too much. The first penalty was iffy, even if he was inept on the play. The second one, he definitely grabbed the guy, but the ball was so far above the WR's head, and so deep, refs just don't call a penalty there.

10. Yes, the defense should have held up on the final drive, but they were playing extra plays at the end of a game, and were probably totally out of gas.

Miss anything?
AlwaysSunnyinIndy (10-22-2023), apballin (10-22-2023), bigalbert (10-27-2023), ChaosTheory (10-23-2023), ChoppedWood (10-22-2023), CletusPyle (10-22-2023), Ironshaft (10-23-2023), omahacolt (10-27-2023), Spike (10-22-2023), YDFL Commish (10-23-2023)
Old 10-22-2023, 06:38 PM

Thanked 2,679 Times in 1,188 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
3. Brents better not be hurt bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
9. i won't fault Baker too much. The first penalty was iffy, even if he was inept on the play. The second one, he definitely grabbed the guy, but the ball was so far above the WR's head, and so deep, refs just don't call a penalty there.

I was a little disappointed that Bradley didn't try at least one other alignment on D when Brents went down.

I would have liked to see Kenny Moore moved to the outside and Nick Cross as the slot CB for at least one defensive series in the 3rd quarter. And if it looked good, then do it again for the last series as the game wound down.

I know that Kenny prides himself being a slot CB - and he usually excels at it - but I think the game may have ended differently if he was there instead of Baker.

Supposedly the Colts practiced that alignment with Kenny on the outside and Cross in the slot a few weeks ago.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AlwaysSunnyinIndy For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (10-23-2023), Spike (10-22-2023)
Old 10-22-2023, 06:43 PM

Thanked 1,673 Times in 800 Posts

PJ Walker is not nearly as good as Minshew.

Also you forgot that the refs suck
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HoosierinFL For This Useful Post:
BCN#1 (10-23-2023), ChoppedWood (10-22-2023), Hoopsdoc (10-22-2023), Racehorse (10-23-2023), YDFL Commish (10-23-2023)
Old 10-22-2023, 07:13 PM

A few additional:

- Downs looks special. And I love the motion the are using with him. He’s definitely another weapon for an offense that needs one.

- Besides the refs, game was lost in last two minutes of half. Horrible play and worse play calling. Shane deserves credit for the offenses ability against a great D. He also deserves a lot of criticism for his play calling after Nelson was abused. And on subsequent possession. Gifted them 7-10 points with stupidity.

- Similarly the timeout for the two pint conversion was idiotic. At that point the only thing that mattered was getting into FG range in 14 seconds. 2 timeouts would allow them to use the whole field on two plays. A dump to Taylor with a chance in the open field was best option on first with Browns playing so deep. With one timeout it wasn’t much of an option.

- I love the way they appear to be trying to use JT more in the pass game. He needs to to earn the contract.

- Sucks knowing they will likely loose Moss. Hard nosed player.

-I’d criticize Ballard for the lack of vets in the secondary but that would feel like I was agreeing with the refs. Fuck that.

- Gardener was a great signing. Team was never going to go anywhere if he was the starter though.

- Team isn’t going anywhere this year, but they are well positioned for the future. Let’s hope Ballard finally agrees.
Old 10-22-2023, 07:18 PM

Thanked 1,673 Times in 800 Posts

I just been doomscrolling Reddit. The entire nfl sub is agreement we got jobbed. What a shitshow
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HoosierinFL For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (10-22-2023), Colts And Orioles (10-23-2023), YDFL Commish (10-23-2023)
Old 10-22-2023, 07:31 PM

Thanked 1,343 Times in 758 Posts

Agree on the play calling at the end of the first half. We have the advantage of hindsight, but not working the clock at the end of the first half gave them an extra FG. Also, we were too conservative when we had the lead and a chance to put the game away.

And speaking of play calling, I wish Bradley would have dialed up that blitz that was super effective when they were at 3rd and 10 on their 20 on their final drive. Even if no one would have gotten home it still probably would have had Walker panicked and rushing things.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
apballin (10-22-2023), Spike (10-22-2023)
Old 10-22-2023, 08:01 PM

The refs were in the main fine, not sure what everyone is complaining about. Kenny Moore did not catch that ball, but should have, it was not a difficult ball to pick off, Buckner, great effort, but he did not make the catch. The helmet to helmet hit by Zaire Franklin, he was lucky to get away with. The penalty on Pittman was justified, what was he doing? He was even tapping his helmet, as if to say sorry that was on me, stupid play. The penalties at the end of the game, the first one i was fine with, poor positioning by Baker, the 2nd one as most seem to have said, was not a catchable ball, but it was a bad play by Baker that was pass interference if the ball was thrown within the field of play.

I am not sure who it was, might have been Franklin, on the final touchdown looked like it he tried to quite viciously grab at the facemask to try to stop Hunt scoring, after he had already crossed the line.

Have i missed or plain forgotten some other calls?

I enjoyed the game, other than the ending, i am not really sure how we managed to lose the game, as Cleveland's offense really did nothing, other than rip off the one big run and put together a final drive.
The Following User Says Thank You to ukcolt For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (10-22-2023)
Old 10-22-2023, 08:29 PM

Thanked 2,642 Times in 1,557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcolt View Post
The refs were in the main fine, not sure what everyone is complaining about. Kenny Moore did not catch that ball, but should have, it was not a difficult ball to pick off, Buckner, great effort, but he did not make the catch. The helmet to helmet hit by Zaire Franklin, he was lucky to get away with. The penalty on Pittman was justified, what was he doing? He was even tapping his helmet, as if to say sorry that was on me, stupid play. The penalties at the end of the game, the first one i was fine with, poor positioning by Baker, the 2nd one as most seem to have said, was not a catchable ball, but it was a bad play by Baker that was pass interference if the ball was thrown within the field of play.

I am not sure who it was, might have been Franklin, on the final touchdown looked like it he tried to quite viciously grab at the facemask to try to stop Hunt scoring, after he had already crossed the line.

Have i missed or plain forgotten some other calls?

I enjoyed the game, other than the ending, i am not really sure how we managed to lose the game, as Cleveland's offense really did nothing, other than rip off the one big run and put together a final drive.
Baker was horrible down the stretch, Shane morphed into Frank more than once, and Minshew looked a lot like Ryan at key points of the game....we had our chances and blew it!

Last edited by CletusPyle; 10-22-2023 at 10:32 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to CletusPyle For This Useful Post:
apballin (10-22-2023)
Old 10-22-2023, 09:09 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,139 Times in 646 Posts

Let them lineup and run the game winner….

Then call a timeout for the 2 point conversion… wtf is that

Soon as they lined up I’m yelling “Call Timeout “
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to apballin For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (10-22-2023), CletusPyle (10-22-2023)
Old 10-22-2023, 09:12 PM

Thanked 1,995 Times in 1,137 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post
I just been doomscrolling Reddit. The entire nfl sub is agreement we got jobbed. What a shitshow
Can't remember which one, think it was during halftime of KC game as they did the run down of games and the talking head said "Cleveland stole one from Indianapolis"... TRUTH