ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-17-2017, 10:31 AM

Thanked 4,300 Times in 1,759 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
Butler is now back, so that's why everyone is telling you to stop throwing this tantrum.

DQ may be, though I tend to believe that Ballard should be able to find someone later in free agency or the draft that's better. Grigson wouldn't be able to, but Ballard might be, we don't know yet.

Reitz/Harrison weren't good last year, replacing them with more JAGs is just a push.

No worse.
Starting a discussion is not throwing a tantrum. Of course there are things that can be done to still make this team better, but I don't think it is so terrible to not be crazy about where we are sitting a week into free agency.

I understand ther is still time. Just irritated we couldn't come away with 1 difference maker on d or oline.
Old 03-17-2017, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
Honestly, what would you have wanted to have been done differently?

Paid Calais Campbell, A.J. Bouye, Stephon Gilmore, Brandon Williams or Logan Ryan between $15m and $10m a year average to come play on a defense that has so many other holes in it?

Signed more of the $8m - $10m a year guys like Dont'a Hightower, Tony Jefferson or Dontari Poe to short or long term contracts making it so that we cannot "stabilize" more positions with lower priced talent?

We (supposedly) offered to Poe. He refused. What else did you want there?

What was your plan?

=========

Also, just another honest question. Do you call people moron in real life? Do you curse a lot in your normal talks with friends, family and co-workers?

Jus wondering. I have never felt the need to use language like that and rarely spend time around folks who do (this chat board for the most part). Even most of the active duty guys I work around now don't swear much.

I have always found the mindset that needs to drop F-bombs interesting.

Cheers,
I wanted one major signing. Pick one of the cb's, zeitler or the top 2 nt's and then fill the roster. To me that would have been huge.

And yes. If a friend or coworker is being a moron, then I call them a moron. Yes I do cuss in real life. I typically don't hang around people who wet their panties if they hear words they don't like. I try not to spend time around judgmental assholes. But of course I will watch my language when I need to.

Do you walk around saying douchey things like "if you don't like it the door is that way" in real life? And if you do how often do you get punched in the face?
Old 03-17-2017, 10:55 AM

Thanked 1,206 Times in 531 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcoltfan View Post
To be fair Shreck, at the start of free agency, didn't you want to sign one if not two of those guys you just mentioned ?? I know I did !!
Of course I did.

Until I saw the price tag for some of them.

Campbell for $15m a year? Madness.

A.J. Bouye at $13.5m a year? Gilmore at $13m a year?

Brandon Williams at $10.5m a year? Poe?

We tried to get Poe. It did not work out.

================
A story.....

A lowly NFL football franchise hired a new Head Coach in 2000, lost their long time pro-bowl QB in 2001 but then saw unprecedented success from 2001 - 2004 going 48-16 over those 4 years but then not having the same level of success.

They built for the long run building their roster through the draft, not overpaying for veteran free agents (including their own) and having a sustained football personnel model that has now delivered to them 14 straight seasons of double digit wins.

A different NFL football franchise hired a new Head Coach in 2012, lost their long time pro-bowl QB in the same year but then saw unprecedented success from 2012 - 2015 going 33-15 over those 3 years but then not having the same level of success.

They fired their GM and HC......errrrrr, they fired their GM and hired a new one who appears to want to build for the long run building their roster through the draft, not overpaying for veteran free agents (including their own) and having a, hopefully, sustained football personnel model that will deliver for them ???

I am not saying that Ballard is Bellicheat but I am saying that their are examples of teams out there that do not (typically) splurge in free agency, draft well and build sustainable personnel models that keep them at the top of the league year after year after year.

Cheers,
Old 03-17-2017, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
Do you walk around saying douchey things like "if you don't like it the door is that way" in real life? And if you do how often do you get punched in the face?
Actually, I am a pretty blunt person and call friends, family and co-workers out on their behavior on a fairly regular basis. I have numerous times cut off conservations with family members who are not being realistic and tell them that "the door is over there" but is always open when they want to talk about things like adults.

I have never been punched in the face over it because I typically do it with grace and without cursing at them.

You seem to bring out the bad behavior in me.

Cheers,
Old 03-17-2017, 11:12 AM

Quote:
I wanted one major signing. Pick one of the cb's, zeitler or the top 2 nt's and then fill the roster. To me that would have been huge.

And yes. If a friend or coworker is being a moron, then I call them a moron. Yes I do cuss in real life. I typically don't hang around people who wet their panties if they hear words they don't like. I try not to spend time around judgmental assholes. But of course I will watch my language when I need to.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/09..._12213206.html
Old 03-17-2017, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Of course I did.

Until I saw the price tag for some of them.

Campbell for $15m a year? Madness.

A.J. Bouye at $13.5m a year? Gilmore at $13m a year?

Brandon Williams at $10.5m a year? Poe?

We tried to get Poe. It did not work out.

================
A story.....

A lowly NFL football franchise hired a new Head Coach in 2000, lost their long time pro-bowl QB in 2001 but then saw unprecedented success from 2001 - 2004 going 48-16 over those 4 years but then not having the same level of success.

They built for the long run building their roster through the draft, not overpaying for veteran free agents (including their own) and having a sustained football personnel model that has now delivered to them 14 straight seasons of double digit wins.

A different NFL football franchise hired a new Head Coach in 2012, lost their long time pro-bowl QB in the same year but then saw unprecedented success from 2012 - 2015 going 33-15 over those 3 years but then not having the same level of success.

They fired their GM and HC......errrrrr, they fired their GM and hired a new one who appears to want to build for the long run building their roster through the draft, not overpaying for veteran free agents (including their own) and having a, hopefully, sustained football personnel model that will deliver for them ???

I am not saying that Ballard is Bellicheat but I am saying that their are examples of teams out there that do not (typically) splurge in free agency, draft well and build sustainable personnel models that keep them at the top of the league year after year after year.

Cheers,
A story

Belicheat just spent 13 million on a corner and upgraded his team. We could have done the same.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Puck (03-17-2017), rcubed (03-17-2017)
Old 03-17-2017, 11:19 AM
Administrator

Thanked 1,966 Times in 1,038 Posts

Quote:
Actually, I am a pretty blunt person and call friends, family and co-workers out on their behavior on a fairly regular basis. I have numerous times cut off conservations with family members who are not being realistic and tell them that "the door is over there" but is always open when they want to talk about things like adults.

I have never been punched in the face over it because I typically do it with grace and without cursing at them.

Cheers,
Omaha doesn't have a door, he has stairs that go up out of his moms basement...
omahacolt (03-17-2017), Racehorse (03-17-2017)
Old 03-17-2017, 11:30 AM

Quote:
A story

Belicheat just spent 13 million on a corner and upgraded his team. We could have done the same.
Aye, he did....and it goes completely against everything that he had done over the past 15 years as the Cheats coach.

He has a QB that is only a year or two away from probably being done.

6 of his 8 highest paid guys came from the 2016 or 2017 free agency class (or trades in Allen's case).

He is pushing his chip "all in" for a furious finish prior to him losing the franchise (Tommy Cheater).

That is not how he built his sustained long-term model.

==============

Are any of the remaining ILBs (Brown, Hodges, Minter) "big" enough signings for you? All are mutli-year starters and some of the better ILBs in the league not named Hightower.

Cheers,
Old 03-17-2017, 11:32 AM

Quote:

Cheers,
Yeah. You sound like a complete douchebag. Normal people can handle people that have different opinions.

"Stop speaking and go away. King sherck disagrees. Come back when you agree"

Last edited by sherck; 03-17-2017 at 11:49 AM.
Old 03-17-2017, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Yeah. You sound like a complete douchebag. Normal people can handle people that have different opinions.

"Stop speaking and go away. King sherck disagrees. Come back when you agree"
Congrats.

You win.

Cheers,