ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-07-2017, 01:36 PM

The Indianapolis Star suggests free agent Jack Doyle could command $7 million per year when he hits the open market.
The Star also makes it clear Jack Doyle isn't interested in a hometown discount. The Colts would be smart to re-sign Doyle and cut Dwayne Allen, but ESPN's Adam Schefter previously reported Doyle will be shopping his wares. Tight end-needy teams where Doyle would make sense include the Giants, Jets, and Bears.
Source: Indianapolis Star Mar 7 - 12:31 PM

Too rich for my blood, IMO. That's about what Allen is making. And while our TE corps was nice last year, it's not a TE duo that's worth making $14M per year combined. We had a good one, but not one where we need to be a team with the most invested in their TE's.

Swoope/Allen will do well enough that the $7M year could be better spent in other areas.

Hats off to Doyle on (potentially) earning that money.
Old 03-07-2017, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
Fluker is pretty slow-moving. I'm not sure he fits what the Colts want. Then again I don't exactly know what the Colts want to do with their OL under Ballard.
Ballard isn't going to change the blocking scheme without firing coaches... so no Fluker isn't what we're looking for.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cq.noble For This Useful Post:
Puck (03-07-2017), sherck (03-07-2017)
Old 03-07-2017, 03:38 PM

Thanked 2,274 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
The Indianapolis Star suggests free agent Jack Doyle could command $7 million per year when he hits the open market.
The Star also makes it clear Jack Doyle isn't interested in a hometown discount. The Colts would be smart to re-sign Doyle and cut Dwayne Allen, but ESPN's Adam Schefter previously reported Doyle will be shopping his wares. Tight end-needy teams where Doyle would make sense include the Giants, Jets, and Bears.
Source: Indianapolis Star Mar 7 - 12:31 PM

Too rich for my blood, IMO. That's about what Allen is making. And while our TE corps was nice last year, it's not a TE duo that's worth making $14M per year combined. We had a good one, but not one where we need to be a team with the most invested in their TE's.

Swoope/Allen will do well enough that the $7M year could be better spent in other areas.

Hats off to Doyle on (potentially) earning that money.
I agree. I've already gone on record as saying $6 million should be the Colts ceiling on Doyle.
Old 03-07-2017, 04:05 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,402 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
I agree. I've already gone on record as saying $6 million should be the Colts ceiling on Doyle.

Unless they can trade Allen
Old 03-07-2017, 06:50 PM

Actually, we apparently might be interested in DJ Fluker:

@JosinaAnderson
Potential teams to watch in the OL D.J. Fluker market: #Saints #Lions #Seahawks #Colts #Vikings #Giants, #ARZ, #ATL based on a recent call.
Old 03-07-2017, 07:14 PM

Thanked 4,300 Times in 1,759 Posts

Quote:
Actually, we apparently might be interested in DJ Fluker:

@JosinaAnderson
Potential teams to watch in the OL D.J. Fluker market: #Saints #Lions #Seahawks #Colts #Vikings #Giants, #ARZ, #ATL based on a recent call.
i would be surprised

but don't they just throw our name into the hat for any rg or rt?
The Following User Says Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (03-07-2017)
Old 03-07-2017, 07:21 PM

@AaronWilson_NFL
Among the teams expected to be extremely competitive for A.J. Bouye: Texans, Titans, Jaguars, Colts, 49ers, Browns

Wow, okay that one would surprise me.

I wouldn't hate it, the guys a stud, but I would be surprised. We're supposedly going "modest" in FA, and then we sign the big ticket CB?

Again, we have a need at CB and the guy is great, but damn, I'll believe it when I see it.
Old 03-07-2017, 07:31 PM

Sign him.

Scratch corner off the list.
Old 03-07-2017, 07:38 PM

Thanked 4,300 Times in 1,759 Posts

Quote:
@AaronWilson_NFL
Among the teams expected to be extremely competitive for A.J. Bouye: Texans, Titans, Jaguars, Colts, 49ers, Browns

Wow, okay that one would surprise me.

I wouldn't hate it, the guys a stud, but I would be surprised. We're supposedly going "modest" in FA, and then we sign the big ticket CB?

Again, we have a need at CB and the guy is great, but damn, I'll believe it when I see it.
reports are we are going to be modest

you truly do believe everything you read don't you? you are like trump watching fox news.
Old 03-07-2017, 07:41 PM

The Houston Chronicle reports six teams are "extremely competitive" for free agent CB A.J. Bouye.
Per reporter Aaron Wilson, the Texans, Titans, Jaguars, Colts, 49ers and Browns are duking it out for Bouye's services, and every team's offer is for at least $12 million per season. Bouye has also been linked to the Bucs and Bears. With that many clubs fighting, Bouye could push that number all the way to $14-$15 million. Wilson reports the Eagles are "not a serious player," but that Houston very much wants to keep its young corner.

He is going to be EXPENSIVE.

I guess we'll see if Ballard was just blowing smoke on being modest in free agency and "not buying a locker room".