ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 11-14-2017, 08:45 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,595 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
Even worse is that is the fact that the talent is there to compete, but we have lost 5 close games due to inept coaching. With an average coach, we are 6-4 or 7-3, even without Luck.
The Colts are 3-3 in games decided by 7 points or less, which is exactly NFL average in that category. By your theory, an "average" coach would have this team at 3-7. It would take an extremely above average NFL head coach (one who would be 6-0 in said games) to have this team at 6-4.

Last edited by Dam8610; 11-14-2017 at 08:52 AM.
Old 11-14-2017, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
The Colts are 3-3 in games decided by 7 points or less, which is exactly NFL average in that category. By your theory, an "average" coach would have this team at 3-7. It would take an extremely above average NFL head coach (one who would be 6-0 in said games) to have this team at 6-4.
Except they were leading in almost all those games, many by double digits, and most coaches would not blow a double digit lead on a consistent basis like this.
Old 11-14-2017, 02:37 PM
testcase448

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpaceman View Post
Except they were leading in almost all those games, many by double digits, and most coaches would not blow a double digit lead on a consistent basis like this.
Sometimes energy and luck ( gets you a lead, then talent wins out
Old 11-14-2017, 03:19 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by testcase448 View Post
Sometimes energy and luck ( gets you a lead, then talent wins out
An offense that disappears for quarters at a time and gives up crucial possessions and sometimes points in the latter stages of games doesn't help matters either. But no one seems to want to acknowledge that the offense is very young overall and going through growing pains while the defense is average at best art its most crucial position, which causes them to get beat, especially when they have to be on the field for huge chunks of quarters and halves.
Old 11-14-2017, 06:32 PM

Thanked 4,361 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
Don't give me that garbage. The Colts have led by two scores going into the fourth quarter and lost what seems like every game except the two Pagano could not get us ready for. Pagano is trash and the sooner you realize it, the sooner you will feel like you are not a pariah.
Old 11-14-2017, 09:07 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
Don't give me that garbage. The Colts have led by two scores going into the fourth quarter and lost what seems like every game except the two Pagano could not get us ready for. Pagano is trash and the sooner you realize it, the sooner you will feel like you are not a pariah.
Pariah? This is a message board, I would never take it that seriously. I'm also not kow-towing to a baseless opinion just because the majority of you hold it.
Old 11-14-2017, 09:33 PM

Thanked 4,361 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
Pariah? This is a message board, I would never take it that seriously. I'm also not kow-towing to a baseless opinion just because the majority of you hold it.
The majority of knowledgeable football fans and commentators, to be honest.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:50 AM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

Quote:
I get that you disagree, but I would not call our general opinion baseless, there’s plenty of material to back up that opinion
Old 11-15-2017, 11:44 AM
testcase448

Quote:
An offense that disappears for quarters at a time and gives up crucial possessions and sometimes points in the latter stages of games doesn't help matters either. But no one seems to want to acknowledge that the offense is very young overall and going through growing pains while the defense is average at best art its most crucial position, which causes them to get beat, especially when they have to be on the field for huge chunks of quarters and halves.
The young offensive "talent" is scarce. Young yes, talent not so much...
Old 11-15-2017, 12:31 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
I get that you disagree, but I would not call our general opinion baseless, there’s plenty of material to back up that opinion
I've seen it all, none of it is very convincing. It also doesn't help that the group position changes based on convenience to make Pagano the one who's at fault no matter what.