ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-04-2024, 04:38 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,298 Times in 2,033 Posts

o

The 2024 Colts have deep depth.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 07-04-2024, 06:03 PM

Both Bortolini and Goncalves are likely to start out life on the inside in my opinion. I agree Bortolini is much more suited to play C, but he played both positions in college. For what its worth he is listed as a G on Colts.com

Goncalves, he played mostly tackle in college, both left and right side, but from what I have read it looks more likely that he would be better suited to a move inside. Again for context he is listed as a T on the official team website.

It would not surprise me at all to see both of them seeing some time with the 1st team offensive line throughout training camp.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ukcolt For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (07-04-2024), Racehorse (07-04-2024)
Old 07-04-2024, 08:30 PM

Thanked 4,435 Times in 2,541 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcolt View Post
Both Bortolini and Goncalves are likely to start out life on the inside in my opinion. I agree Bortolini is much more suited to play C, but he played both positions in college. For what its worth he is listed as a G on Colts.com

Goncalves, he played mostly tackle in college, both left and right side, but from what I have read it looks more likely that he would be better suited to a move inside. Again for context he is listed as a T on the official team website.

It would not surprise me at all to see both of them seeing some time with the 1st team offensive line throughout training camp.
Both seem to be in the Big Q mold of strong and nasty linemen. Should be a fun battle for the spots in the lineup.
Old 07-04-2024, 09:47 PM

Thanked 2,283 Times in 1,230 Posts

Quote:

I read somewhere that Gancalves did not give a sack his junior year, playing both LT and RT. I wouldn't count him out as a backup OT.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (07-04-2024), Racehorse (07-04-2024)
Old 07-05-2024, 09:18 AM

Thanked 1,347 Times in 760 Posts

Quote:

Sure seems like Bortolini was drafted to replace Kelly and Goncalves to compete w/ Freeland to replace Smith with whoever doesn't win out becoming the backup swing tackle.

But to your point it doesn't mean they can't start out at OG, especially Bortolini. I didn't realize that he had several starts at OG in college, so maybe he starts out there and as the 3rd OC in case both Kelly and French get injured.
Old Yesterday, 08:48 AM

Thanked 1,900 Times in 927 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Session View Post
I agree with just about everything. I can't wait for camp and feel that I am in a good place as a fan. I'm very excited, and my expectations are pretty high. Latu and Mitchell feel like we are adding some pieces instead of filling holes.

I need one of these other RB's to assume Moss' role. I do not want to see Taylor getting ridden into the dirt. My expectations are high this year; He should be playing in the playoffs.

Someone from this TE room needs to assert their presence as well. MAC needed to go last year, respectfully. I think we've seen what Granson has to offer. The other guys need to step up and give AR another weapon. Consistency. Maybe Granson is still that guy, given he's the only one that has shown any of that.

I say it's division/wildcard or heads roll, and the players are included in that. If these guys can't figure it out, this year, I think they need to commit to turnover. The player's lack of production will be inexcusable after the $ has been dished out like it has, and I won't feel sorry for them.
I think Houston is going to be really good this year and I also think Jacksonville will bounce back. Tennessee is a wild card. Levis is a complete unknown at this point but they gave him maybe the best wr room in the league with Hopkins, Ridley, and Tyler Boyd. Okonkwo is a decent tight end as well.

I think winning the division is going to be tough.