ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-02-2022, 06:27 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,039 Times in 1,866 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
I'm a half ass prepper and survivalist. I have ate a few bugs. Don't believe any of that shit you read, they taste like ass.
I have a seasoned bullshit filter at this point in life.
Lov2fish (10-02-2022)
Old 10-02-2022, 06:32 PM
"Still at Work"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
How pissed do you think Jim is? He’s gotta be livid. I wouldn’t be surprised if someone gets fired tomorrow.

Remember, Jimmy interviewed Vrabel in 2018 before he hired Frank. It’s gotta be chapping his ass that Vrabel is clearly the better coach.
He's probably pissed, but he's old. He's probably as tired as we are but even more so since he's the one paying for all of it. I'm 30+ years younger than Jim, I pay nothing, and I'm tired. Bless him.
ChoppedWood (10-02-2022), Pez (10-03-2022), Racehorse (10-03-2022)
Old 10-02-2022, 09:45 PM
"Still at Work"

I'm still fucking mad and I know I shouldn't be. I expected to lose today and I've been expecting mediocrity. Matt fucking Ryan mediocrity ...so it goes...
Old 10-03-2022, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
I'm still fucking mad and I know I shouldn't be. I expected to lose today and I've been expecting mediocrity. Matt fucking Ryan mediocrity ...so it goes...
I was one the the ones who was excited to have Ryan at the end of his career. Last shot at a ring, very cerebral QB, doesn't turn the ball over unnecessarily. Motivated to get one. Holy fuck was I wrong. He is not the same guy I watched play in Atlanta.

Last edited by Lov2fish; 10-03-2022 at 12:28 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lov2fish For This Useful Post:
Ironshaft (10-03-2022)
Old 10-03-2022, 03:16 PM

Thanked 1,902 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
I was one the the ones who was excited to have Ryan at the end of his career. Last shot at a ring, very cerebral QB, doesn't turn the ball over unnecessarily. Motivated to get one. Holy fuck was I wrong. He is not the same guy I watched play in Atlanta.
Matt Ryan is not the problem, aside from his inexplicable inability to hold on to the damn ball.

The problem is the offensive line. It’s the worst I’ve seen since some of those awful Luck years.

Look at it this way-what do you think would have happened to Philip Rivers behind this line? He would have already been hurt or retired. He sure as hell wouldn’t be doing as well as Ryan has.

The quarterback just doesn’t have a chance with this OLine.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
Lov2fish (10-03-2022)
Old 10-03-2022, 04:09 PM

Thanked 1,477 Times in 815 Posts

Luke Schultheis
@LuckAtLuke
Per NFL Next gen stats, the Colts are facing an 8 man box only 8.64% of the time, so this is not reality.

The guys up front simply aren't winning their matchups (quote via
@zkeefer
).
Old 10-03-2022, 04:30 PM

Thanked 4,300 Times in 1,759 Posts

Quote:
Matt Ryan is not the problem, aside from his inexplicable inability to hold on to the damn ball.

The problem is the offensive line. It’s the worst I’ve seen since some of those awful Luck years.

Look at it this way-what do you think would have happened to Philip Rivers behind this line? He would have already been hurt or retired. He sure as hell wouldn’t be doing as well as Ryan has.

what you say is true

ryan can still play. but part of the problem with his turnovers is himself. like you referenced.

there is probably no fix this year. it can get better but by how much? i would guess not a lot. so ryan will continue to be fail.
The Following User Says Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (10-03-2022)
Old 10-03-2022, 04:44 PM

Thanked 1,902 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
what you say is true

ryan can still play. but part of the problem with his turnovers is himself. like you referenced.

there is probably no fix this year. it can get better but by how much? i would guess not a lot. so ryan will continue to be fail.
99 percent of the Colts issues this year can be traced back to how bad the OLine is. Everything else springs from that.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (10-03-2022)
Old 10-03-2022, 05:59 PM

Thanked 2,538 Times in 1,489 Posts

I mean, the deal with Ryan was "look how good he can be if he has time to throw in the pocket. He has a good release and is accurate."

That still holds true, even this season. In the 2nd half the protection was better (not great, but much better than that disasterous first half) and he did some decent things when he had time.

However, I don't think anyone would have been clamoring for Matt Ryan if they knew the OL would be this piss poor.
Oldcolt (10-03-2022)
Old 10-03-2022, 06:43 PM

Thanked 1,670 Times in 798 Posts

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate505 View Post
I mean, the deal with Ryan was "look how good he can be if he has time to throw in the pocket. He has a good release and is accurate."

That still holds true, even this season. In the 2nd half the protection was better (not great, but much better than that disasterous first half) and he did some decent things when he had time.

However, I don't think anyone would have been clamoring for Matt Ryan if they knew the OL would be this piss poor.
Ryan is not the problem outside of the fumbling. I'm not being a smart ass, I like a lot of what he's doing. But like I said in the other thread... a relatively simple negative play turns into a game-altering catastrophe. 9 fumbles is bananas. That's two games where the offense was moving, but we kept giving it away.

As for the OL... Reich basically said in coach-speak today that we're compensating for two guys. We have a guard playing LT and a back-up playing RG. Raimann needs to bump Pryor inside. I think that would help the run-game a lot, too.

For now, the coaches seem to think that the pass-pro was much better yesterday and I agree. They got beat a few times (other guys get paid, too) but there wasn't this non-stop onslaught collapsing the pocket every play like JAX/KC. If we can pass like yesterday going forward and Ryan can simply fall on the ball if he's in trouble... I think they can beat a lot of teams.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
Chromeburn (10-04-2022), CletusPyle (10-03-2022), Racehorse (10-05-2022)