ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Everything Else > General Topics

Old 07-05-2022, 05:55 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
what are you even babbling about?
Dont ask that. Damn 14 paragraphs of i dont know what the fuck. Just clap and give him a participation certificate.
Old 07-05-2022, 05:56 PM
Post whore

Quote:
let the charges fly, Georgia.

you will be well regarded in the history books
Somebody grew a pair
Old 07-05-2022, 06:11 PM
Post whore

Default Shit gets real for Donnie

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...56027634c1176c

Judge Holds Real Estate Giant Cushman and Wakefield in Contempt Over Donald Trump Case

On Tuesday afternoon, a clearly irked Justice Arthur F. Engoron signed an order ripping into the real estate behemoth for missing a deadline to turn over documents—after having two months to meet it.

In his order, Engoron said he “is incredulous as to why Cushman & Wakefield would wait until two days after the court-ordered deadline had lapsed to initiate the process of asking for yet another extension.”

He criticized the company, which routinely helped Trump value properties in ways that benefited him directly, for dragging its feet.

“Cushman & Wakefield fails to identify any good cause” for blowing the deadline, he wrote.

The massive, national real estate firm was supposed to deliver documents related to its valuations of all kinds of properties—so that state investigators could compare how the company treated other projects compared to Trump developments.

The office of New York Attorney General Letitia James issued subpoenas between September 2021 and February 2022 that the firm still hadn’t complied with, so the judge ordered the company play ball in April. But the firm fought that in appellate court—and lost.

2022 is shaping up to be a legal nightmare for Trumpworld. Here's a timeline of upcoming court cases and legal obstacles.

2022 is shaping up to be a legal nightmare for Trumpworld. Here's a timeline of upcoming court cases and legal obstacles.

Donald Trump and his allies are facing a flurry of legal challenges this year.
Investigations into his company's finances are ongoing, along with others related to January 6.

Here are the dates to watch out for this year.

Former President Donald Trump has had a number of surprising legal victories ever since he left the White House — though his greatest potential battles are still looming.

In November, Summer Zervos, who had accused Trump of sexual assault following her appearance on "The Apprentice," dropped her lawsuit against him before he was forced to sit for a deposition. At around the same time, a New York state judge dismissed a lawsuit from Michael Cohen seeking to have the Trump Organization reimburse his legal fees for work he did on Trump's behalf.

But greater dangers loom. The Trump Organization is the subject of a sprawling investigation from the Manhattan district attorney's office and the New York attorney general's office into alleged financial misconduct.

In Atlanta, Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis is weighing charges over his conduct in the 2020 election. Those investigations are proceeding as the Justice Department comes up on the five-year deadline to prosecute Trump over acts of possible obstruction that former Special Counsel Robert Mueller III scrutinized as part of his investigation into Russia's interference in the 2016 election.

Meanwhile, the Biden administration is sending a steady stream of Trump's White House records to the House committee investigating the January 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol. And Trump — along with many of his allies — face federal investigations and lawsuits stemming from the January 6 insurrection. Expect the judges in those cases to set court dates later this year.

While Trump mulls whether to run for president again in 2024, 2022 is shaping up to be a year of legal headaches for the former president and his associates. Here's a timeline of the threats Trumpworld faces.

Read the original article on Business Insider
Judge Engoron then set a new deadline for Cushman and Wakefield to deliver the goods: June 29. The real estate firm then missed that deadline.

Time is of the essence. State investigators are set to interview former President Donald Trump and two of his children—Don Jr. and Ivanka—in closed-door depositions the week of July 18. And investigators have said they need to review the evidence from Cushman and Wakefield before those interviews.

But on Wednesday at 11:32 p.m., with less than half an hour to go before the midnight deadline, the real estate company’s lawyers filed a document in court asking the judge for a last-minute delay.

On Friday, the A.G.’s office asked the judge to step in and force the company to comply with a subpoena to turn over key evidence.

In his letter, Assistant Attorney General Austin Thompson noted that the real estate company had actually slipped up by seeming to admit that it didn’t do any work at all for several weeks because it had essentially made a stupid bet and lost—holding off on accumulating the mountains of evidence because it thought its appeal would win.

He pointed to this sentence in an affidavit—written on the very last day of the deadline—by the outside company helping Cushman and Wakefield sort through the evidence: “Platinum has been working around the clock for more than a week to accomplish its delegated tasks.”

Thompson pointed out that the real estate firm had eight weeks—not one—to get started.

“This suggests that Cushman waited until [it lost its appeal] to begin the process of compliance in earnest. If Cushman made a strategic decision to assume it would obtain a stay and to not use the eight weeks since the April 26 order to prepare to comply, it is not incumbent upon [the attorney general’s office] or the court to relieve it from the consequences of that decision,” he wrote.

In a statement to The Daily Beast on Tuesday, the company said it “has gone to great expense and effort to identify, collect, review and produce the massive set of documents.” It criticized the attorney general for “misleading the court by belittling our significant efforts to comply with the court’s order.”
Old 07-05-2022, 07:55 PM
Post whore

Thanked 4,793 Times in 2,672 Posts

I'm not much of a fan of Mitt Romney, but I will thank him for this statement.

As Biden approached the one-year mark in office last month, Romney said on NBC’s “Meet the Press” that the president has had “52 weeks of bad weeks.”

Romney listed inflation, higher gas prices, the southern border, lack of COVID-19 tests available amid the omicron variant surge, the U.S. troop withdrawal in Afghanistan, and Russia threatening Ukraine among the areas in which the Biden administration has dropped the ball.

https://www.deseret.com/utah/2022/2/...nistitute-utah

Last edited by Spike; 07-05-2022 at 08:12 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Spike For This Useful Post:
Lov2fish (07-05-2022)
Old 07-05-2022, 08:50 PM

Quote:
what are you even babbling about? what dictatorship are the democrats trying to pull off? based on what?

republicans in north carolina are trying to make it so state legislatures can pick whoever they want for federal elections. if the supreme court allows that, which is said they probably will, it is game over for democracy.

there is nothing unhinged about what i am saying. i am going off the facts presented.

clearly you can see how the supreme court (republican and with the traitorous thomas at the helm) are taking cases to change previous settled law and protections to fit the republican agenda. i know you can. you just don't care.

republicans cant get it through the legislation so they weaponized the courts. which has been mcconnells plan for years. and im pretty sure he has stated as much over the years. the dots aren't hard to connect.

the goal of the republicans is absolute and uncontested power. the goal of the democrats, apparently, is being as incompetent as possible
If you would spend 15 fucking seconds looking at what democrats have tried over time instead of those evil republicans you might get slapped in the face with some truth. I know you fucking won't because it would require you acknowledging your party is absolutely fucking insane. I won't do the work for you.
Old 07-05-2022, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
Dont ask that. Damn 14 paragraphs of i dont know what the fuck. Just clap and give him a participation certificate.
You excited that you found someone to pat you on the ass and agree with your useless drivel?
Old 07-06-2022, 07:27 AM

Thanked 4,361 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
Find some evidence,
I think that is what was attempted on the days after the election.
Old 07-06-2022, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
I think that is what was attempted on the days after the election.
Watch 2000 mules. Very interesting. Given the producer is does have a right slant, but if half of it is true there should be a true insurrection.
Old 07-06-2022, 09:58 AM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
Watch 2000 mules. Very interesting. Given the producer is does have a right slant, but if half of it is true there should be a true insurrection.
or you could not watch blatant propaganda and actually look at what is going on.

wouldn't trump and fox news be all over the news for the last year showing said evidence?
The Following User Says Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
JAFF (07-06-2022)
Old 07-06-2022, 10:07 AM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
If you would spend 15 fucking seconds looking at what democrats have tried over time instead of those evil republicans you might get slapped in the face with some truth. I know you fucking won't because it would require you acknowledging your party is absolutely fucking insane. I won't do the work for you.
very typical

project what the republicans are doing onto the democrats.

you made the claim and called me unhinged. if the democrats are actually trying to overthrow the government, like the republicans clearly are, then i would absolutely love to hear about it.

i follow some conservative sites and i haven't seen them complaining about the democrats trying to perform a coup. what i see is

-the election was stolen but never is any evidence presented to back the claim.

-hatred over trans people.

-abortion is wrong

-arguing over trump or desantis

-democrats are after our guns

-gas prices
The Following User Says Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
JAFF (07-06-2022)