ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Everything Else > General Topics

Old 07-05-2022, 10:48 AM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
Like the millions of votes the democrats found after they stopped counting?
no evidence for this

trump is a traitor. that isn't hyperbole. right wingers like to bury their head in the sand but the facts are known
The Following User Says Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
rcubed (07-05-2022)
Old 07-05-2022, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
Yeah you are right Omaha, unlike the other side which is so great for us Americans.
democrats are trash

they just arent the ones trying to overthrow the government and stripping americans of their rights.

they aren't the same
Old 07-05-2022, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
The wasted votes are on the same tired candidates. I would love to see term limits officially, but, we do have term limits already, in the voting booth. We have the option to remove them for fucking up, or rewarding them for fucking up. Americans suffer from the boiling frog effect and nothing will change to incumbents who seek reelection. Its just the nature of political tribalism!

We have to get away from the Republican/Democrat conundrum. Trump and Biden has damaged both parties that will take a while to recover from.

I am not sure why the democrats are pursuing Trump so hard. They should just let him run, he is beatable again. If they get a conviction against him that prevents another shot at potus, they will get Ron Desantis. He has no skeletons in his closet and the democrats have nobody who can beat him. So in essence they are setting themselves up for 8-16 years of republican leadership in the white house. I say 16 years cause if he picks a strong running mate it will be lights out for the democrats. They can stomp their feet and whine and say no all they want, but the best they could do last election was an 80 year old man with dementia. They gonna run Bernie? Kamala lol. Elizabeth Warren? They got nothing that doesn't have baggage attached to it.
losing the next election can and probably will happen. the democrats have no good candidate to run.

that said. going after trump has to happen. if there are no consequences for trying to overthrow an election, they will do it. and thanks to the corrupt supreme court probably going to rule that state legislatures can deny the will of the people, the final steps will be put in place.

and you guys will get what you want. you will get to own the libs by ripping up the constitution and having a dictatorship
Old 07-05-2022, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
losing the next election can and probably will happen. the democrats have no good candidate to run.

that said. going after trump has to happen. if there are no consequences for trying to overthrow an election, they will do it. and thanks to the corrupt supreme court probably going to rule that state legislatures can deny the will of the people, the final steps will be put in place.

and you guys will get what you want. you will get to own the libs by ripping up the constitution and having a dictatorship
You get more unhinged than some woman on the rag. Supreme court has not done anything remotely questionable, except making the constitution relevant again which drives liberals insane. Dictatorship, you mean like the one the democrats are trying to pull off. They cringe at the sight of the constitution and only speak of it when using it against republicans. Your blind faith is fucking sickening.

I personally don't care if they convict Trump of anything or not, I pointed out what I would be doing if I was a democrat strategist (Oxymoron) I am ok with Desantis. At least he has read the constitution and understands his oath to defend it. For democrats it is just historical toilet paper. Fuck them.
Old 07-05-2022, 02:07 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
Like the millions of votes the democrats found after they stopped counting?
Find some evidence,
Old 07-05-2022, 02:15 PM
Post whore

Quote:
I think some stronghold republican states are making a huge mistake by not adjusting their abortion laws to fit actual real life circumstances.
Damn. Well done.

The economic problems cant be fixed by the Dems or the Pubs on their own. They need to stop beating each other over the head getting into a room and come up with a plan together otherwise it’s never gonna work
Old 07-05-2022, 02:54 PM
Post whore

Default Georgia starts on Republican fraud

https://www.ajc.com/politics/fulton-...B3D5LKA7TIQQM/

Fulton grand jury subpoenas Giuliani, Graham, Trump confidantes

Quote:
. The Fulton County special grand jury investigating potential criminal interference in Georgia’s 2020 elections has subpoenaed key members of former President Donald Trump’s legal team, including his personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani, according to copies obtained by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

In addition to Giuliani, among those being summoned are John Eastman, Cleta Mitchell, Kenneth Chesebro and Jenna Ellis, all of whom advised Trump on strategies for overturning Democrat Joe Biden’s wins in Georgia and other swing states.

The grand jury also subpoenaed South Carolina U.S. Sen. Lindsey Graham, one of Trump’s top allies in the U.S. Senate, and attorney and podcast host Jacki Pick Deason.

The subpoenas, were filed July 5 and signed off by Fulton Superior Court Judge Robert McBurney, who is overseeing the special grand jury. Unlike subpoenas issued to Georgians, the summons were required to receive McBurney’s blessing since they are for people who reside outside the state.

The 23-person special grand jury has heard testimony in recent weeks from a parade of witnesses, including some who had direct contact with Trump and his associates. But Tuesday’s subpoenas are the closest jurors have gotten to the inner circle of the former president.

ADVERTISING

Giuliani, Trump’s personal lawyer, testified before Georgia legislators on three separate occasions in late 2020. His comments, which have become a major interest to the special grand jury, were filled with sensationalist claims and conspiracy theories about tens of thousands of people voting illegally and rigged voting machines that were quickly debunked by state authorities or rejected in the courts. He was suspended from practicing law in New York in June 2021 in part because of his testimony in Georgia.

Eastman, a former law professor, was a key architect of the plan to press Vice President Mike Pence to reject the official Democratic electors in Georgia and other swing states and opt for an alternative slate of GOP electors. A federal judge in March argued that “it is more likely than not that President Trump and Dr. Eastman dishonestly conspired to obstruct the Joint Session of Congress on January 6, 2021.”

Explore
The latest on the Trump grand jury probe
Eastman testified at a Georgia legislative hearing after the election, during which he argued that there was “more than enough” evidence of fraud and improper conduct to warrant lawmakers picking an alternative slate of presidential electors.

“I don’t think it’s just your authority to do that,” Eastman said, “but, quite frankly, I think you have a duty to do that to protect the integrity of the election here in Georgia.”

Mitchell, a conservative lawyer based in Washington, D.C., advised Trump on the infamous Jan. 2, 2021, call that the Republican placed to Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger. During that conversation, in which Trump asked Raffensperger to “find” 11,780 votes, Mitchell aided Trump as he made unsubstantiated claims about Georgia’s elections.

Graham separately called Raffensperger in the days following the November 2020 elections and allegedly questioned whether the secretary of state had the power to reject more legally cast absentee ballots to help Trump narrow his deficit in Georgia. Graham denied the allegation.

Bob Costello, Giuliani’s attorney, declined to comment and said his client had not been served any subpoena.

It may be difficult for Fulton prosecutors to secure testimony from Giuliani, Eastman, Mitchell, Chesebro and Ellis, since they could argue attorney-client privilege. Eastman argued for the exemption as he sought to block the handover of evidence to the select committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack, though he was largely shot down by a federal judge.

Fulton County DA Fani Willis launched the criminal probe into Georgia’s elections in February 2021, weeks after a recording of the Trump-Raffensperger phone call leaked. She’s since expanded the investigation to include the fake GOP electors, Giuliani’s testimony to state legislators and other efforts to pressure Georgia officials to act in Trump’s favor.

Explore
Fulton DA faces biggest decision of career as Trump grand jury looms
The special grand jury has permission to meet until May 2023, though Willis said she’s expecting the group’s work to wrap up long before then. Jurors are expected to draft a report at the end of their service recommending whether Willis should press charges against Trump or his allies, though the final decision ultimately rests with Willis, a Democrat.

Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, several of his deputies and Attorney General Chris Carr have already testified before the grand jury. Gov. Brian Kemp, who rebuffed pressure from Trump to call a special session of the state legislature to reverse the election results, is slated to give a video statement later this month.

Willis is currently fighting with at least two current and former Republican officials in Georgia over subpoenas. Attorneys for Lt. Gov. Geoff Duncan and ex-Sen. William Ligon argued last week that the state Constitution shields them from testifying about anything related to their legislative activities.

Explore
'Breakdown — The Trump Grand Jury' Episode 3: Is there a criminal case?
The District Attorney’s office argues that activities that seek to reverse certified election results are not protected by so-called legislative immunity.

“Where dishonesty or misinformation was the result, Members should be subject to questioning by the special purpose grand jury,” the DA wrote in a recent court filing.

McBurney, who heard arguments from the DA’s office and the lawmakers, is currently drafting a framework about the types of questions prosecutors can ask without violating immunity rules.
Old 07-05-2022, 03:12 PM
Post whore

Default Thank you Mitt Romney

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...d152fd2c28b54f

Sen. Mitt Romney says a "classic example of denial" comes from former President Donald Trump's false claims that he won the 2020 election, defeating President Joe Biden in a landslide victory.

Kichler 2021 Dover 26" Wide 5 Light Candle-Style Chandelier Brushed Nickel Indoor Lighting Chandeliers
Ad
Build
Kichler 2021 Dover 26" Wide 5 Light Candle-Style Chandelier Brushed Nickel Indoor Lighting Chandeliers
"Perhaps this is a branch of the same delusion that leads people to feed money into slot machines: Because I really want to win, I believe that I will win," Romney, a former GOP presidential nominee who represents Utah in the Senate, wrote in a July 4 essay in The Atlantic.

The essay takes aim at "wishful thinking" across the political spectrum and the nation's "blithe dismissal of potentially cataclysmic threats."

"More and more, we are a nation in denial," he wrote. "I have witnessed time and again—in myself and in others—a powerful impulse to believe what we hope to be the case."

He cited other examples of denial: drought as part of a reversible cycle, the debt taking care of itself with economic growth and the January 6 insurrection being a "false-flag operation."

"When entire countries fail to confront serious challenges, it doesn't end well," he warned. "During the past half century, we Americans have lived in a very forgiving time, and seeing the world through rose-colored glasses had limited consequences."

Romney, who voted twice to convict Trump in his impeachment trials, said leadership is the cure for "wishful thinking." But he's not looking to Trump or giving Biden high marks.

"President Joe Biden is a genuinely good man, but he has yet been unable to break through our national malady of denial, deceit, and distrust," he wrote. "A return of Donald Trump would feed the sickness, probably rendering it incurable."
Old 07-05-2022, 04:55 PM

Quote:
You get more unhinged than some woman on the rag. Supreme court has not done anything remotely questionable, except making the constitution relevant again which drives liberals insane. Dictatorship, you mean like the one the democrats are trying to pull off. They cringe at the sight of the constitution and only speak of it when using it against republicans. Your blind faith is fucking sickening.

I personally don't care if they convict Trump of anything or not, I pointed out what I would be doing if I was a democrat strategist (Oxymoron) I am ok with Desantis. At least he has read the constitution and understands his oath to defend it. For democrats it is just historical toilet paper. Fuck them.
what are you even babbling about? what dictatorship are the democrats trying to pull off? based on what?

republicans in north carolina are trying to make it so state legislatures can pick whoever they want for federal elections. if the supreme court allows that, which is said they probably will, it is game over for democracy.

there is nothing unhinged about what i am saying. i am going off the facts presented.

clearly you can see how the supreme court (republican and with the traitorous thomas at the helm) are taking cases to change previous settled law and protections to fit the republican agenda. i know you can. you just don't care.

republicans cant get it through the legislation so they weaponized the courts. which has been mcconnells plan for years. and im pretty sure he has stated as much over the years. the dots aren't hard to connect.

the goal of the republicans is absolute and uncontested power. the goal of the democrats, apparently, is being as incompetent as possible
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
JAFF (07-05-2022), rcubed (07-05-2022)
Old 07-05-2022, 05:03 PM

let the charges fly, Georgia.

you will be well regarded in the history books
The Following User Says Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
JAFF (07-05-2022)