ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 02-20-2021, 11:44 AM

Default Manning Take on Wentz (Two Years Ago)

Here's a new Indystar article summarizing Manning's largely positive analysis of a Wentz game a couple years ago. If you have ESPN+, there's a link to the actual 24 minute video segment:

https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...tz/4508185001/
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chaka For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (02-20-2021), NextManUp (02-22-2021), Oldcolt (02-21-2021), Racehorse (02-20-2021), Spike (02-20-2021), TheMugwump (02-20-2021), YDFL Commish (02-20-2021)
Old 02-20-2021, 07:27 PM
Post whore

Thanked 4,793 Times in 2,672 Posts

I am going out on a limb here, but I think Wentz will flourish with the Colts and will be in the MVP conversation this year.
Dewey 5 (02-20-2021), Oldcolt (02-21-2021), Racehorse (02-20-2021)
Old 02-22-2021, 01:08 AM

Lol. He’s a licker.
Old 02-22-2021, 02:20 AM

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,167 Posts

I would prefer a more current take after last season I am not sure the old takes mean much to me.
Old 02-23-2021, 01:03 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,247 Times in 1,998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post

I would prefer a more current take after last season ...... I am not sure that the old takes mean much to me.

o

It's not Manning, but it's Reggie Wayne ....... in addition to the paragraph at the top of the page, you can scroll down to the middle of the page and read about it. There is also a 14-minute video of Wayne speaking about football overall (in addition to his comments in regard to Carson Wentz.)

Carson Wentz Already Has 1 of Peyton Manning’s Favorite Colts Targets Wanting to Catch His Passes

(By Dave Wysong)

https://www.sportscasting.com/carson...ch-his-passes/

(TOP OF THE PAGE) lll The Indianapolis Colts finally have a quarterback, as the team recently traded for former Philadelphia Eagles star Carson Wentz. Many people don’t really know what to expect from Wentz next year, though. Colts fans have been spoiled over the years with Hall of Fame QB Peyton Manning, former No. 1 overall pick Andrew Luck, and then NFL legend Philip Rivers, but they now have a QB who has shown glimpses of greatness and glimpses of incompetence. However, one of Peyton Manning’s former Colts receivers is already wanting to help Wentz out ...... that receiver is 6-time Pro Bowler Reggie Wayne.

(MIDDLE OF PAGE) lllll) Shortly after the news broke that the Colts traded for Carson Wentz, Reggie Wayne tweeted out how he can help get Wentz ready to go.

“Hey [Colts.] I know it’s plenty of snow up there. Send [Carson Wentz] down to South Florida. I’ll run a few routes for him so he can be ready to go,” Wayne tweeted.

This isn’t the first time that Wayne has tweeted about wanting to help his former team out. Earlier in February, when the Colts announced new additions to their coaching staff, Wayne tweeted, “Y’all hiring.” Indianapolis has had players from Wayne’s era coach on the team in the past, too. Robert Mathis, the team’s all-time leader in sacks, was once a full-time member of the team’s coaching staff and is now a pass-rush consultant.

So, is Wayne really going to help the Colts’ new potential franchise quarterback? It’s hard to say for sure, but it wouldn’t hurt, as he played with excellent quarterbacks throughout his entire career.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Butter (02-23-2021), Ironshaft (02-24-2021), TheMugwump (02-23-2021)
Old 02-23-2021, 02:18 PM

Thanked 1,550 Times in 883 Posts

Reggie is THE most pro-Colts former player I can think of. He has had nothing but positive words and actions for the franchise since he retired.

He's the best.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheMugwump For This Useful Post:
Ironshaft (02-24-2021), Racehorse (02-23-2021), Spike (02-23-2021)
Old 02-23-2021, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMugwump View Post
Reggie is THE most pro-Colts former player I can think of. He has had nothing but positive words and actions for the franchise since he retired.

He's the best.
Agreed, Reggie is a great Colt.

Come to think of it, the Colts don't have a lot of disgruntled former players that I can think of. I don't know if it comes from picking players with the right attitude, or just providing a good environment. I lean towards the latter. Whatever his personal demons, Irsay just seems to know how to play the role of an owner. He's loyal to his employees, and lets them do their job, and doesn't get in the way. I'm sure he provides his input, but I've never heard any former employee say that he meddled too much. If anything, he's too loyal - I remember Pagano saying something to the effect that he probably got more time as head coach than he deserved.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chaka For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (02-23-2021), Spike (02-23-2021)
Old 02-23-2021, 05:47 PM
Post whore

Thanked 4,793 Times in 2,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
Agreed, Reggie is a great Colt.

Come to think of it, the Colts don't have a lot of disgruntled former players that I can think of. I don't know if it comes from picking players with the right attitude, or just providing a good environment. I lean towards the latter. Whatever his personal demons, Irsay just seems to know how to play the role of an owner. He's loyal to his employees, and lets them do their job, and doesn't get in the way. I'm sure he provides his input, but I've never heard any former employee say that he meddled too much. If anything, he's too loyal - I remember Pagano saying something to the effect that he probably got more time as head coach than he deserved.
There is not one fucking owner on the planet who I would want over Irsay. One of the only complaints I have against him is that he kept Griggs and Pags too damn long. Right now, we have the best trio in the NFL with Irsay, Ballard and Reich. I hope Wentz brings the Colts a few SB's because us smart guys on this board deserve it, and Irsay definitely deserves it. Thank God McDouche backed out like the chicken shit he is and we got Reich. I truly believe a lot of free agents would love to play for the Colts if the money is close. We are so damn close if Wentz can recapture his 2017 self.

Last edited by Spike; 02-23-2021 at 05:56 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spike For This Useful Post:
Chaka (02-23-2021), Ironshaft (02-24-2021), Oldcolt (02-23-2021), Racehorse (02-23-2021)
Old 02-23-2021, 06:22 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

No disgruntled Indianapolis Colts, Baltimore Colts is another thing altogether. The son turned out to be as much a gem as the father was an ass
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
Chaka (02-23-2021), Ironshaft (02-24-2021), Racehorse (02-23-2021), Spike (02-23-2021)
Old 02-23-2021, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
There is not one fucking owner on the planet who I would want over Irsay. One of the only complaints I have against him is that he kept Griggs and Pags too damn long. Right now, we have the best trio in the NFL with Irsay, Ballard and Reich. I hope Wentz brings the Colts a few SB's because us smart guys on this board deserve it, and Irsay definitely deserves it. Thank God McDouche backed out like the chicken shit he is and we got Reich. I truly believe a lot of free agents would love to play for the Colts if the money is close. We are so damn close if Wentz can recapture his 2017 self.
I agree with you wholeheartedly Spike - but here's the thing that sometimes gets missed. Though he kept them too long, I think the Giggs/Pagano saga sent a strong message to all potential GM and coaching candidates that they will get a fair shake here, that Irsay will give you every opportunity to succeed even if things don't go so well. I'm sure Luck's presence was a big part of Ballard's decision to come here, but I have to think that the knowledge that Irsay would stay loyal even if things don't go so well played a big role in his mind as well. That kind of attitude breeds loyalty in the Colts staff/players as well.

That's the craziest thing about McDaniel's decision to screw over the Colts. He really screwed himself - he'll never have another opportunity like the one that was offered to him here. I just don't think that many other teams are run this way. I don't know if Belichick/Kraft/Brady had anything to do with McDaniel's decision, but if they did he should sue them. And the fact that he preferred to stay in a coordinator position says a lot about what he thinks of his own leadership qualities. He HAS to regret that decision now. The guy is barely getting any calls for HC jobs now, and the ones he is getting are for teams spiraling down like the Eagles (and even they don’t want him).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chaka For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (02-23-2021), Spike (02-23-2021)