ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-24-2021, 07:24 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,516 Times in 1,416 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Okay, so you didn't watch Brees in college or his first two years in the NFL, either. Brees did not have a great arm, his arm actually was subpar for the NFL when he was drafted. The Chargers drafted Rivers in 2004, which was the year Brees finally became a good NFL QB after being drafted in 2001 and becoming the starter in 2002. In 2002 and 2003 it was apparent that Brees's arm strength was subpar for the NFL, otherwise the Chargers wouldn't have been in a position to draft Rivers. Brees had to work on his core strength quite a bit to have an NFL caliber arm.
I had season tickets starting with joe tillers first season so suck it.

Brees had a very good arm and he was very accurate. The chargers have never made a super bowl, how has Drew done?

Do me a favor and just stop.
Old 01-24-2021, 07:41 PM

Thanked 2,274 Times in 1,225 Posts

Rvers retired and all f these old fucks should follow suit..Brees, Rothlisberger and Brady.

They all suck and and are making the NFL a less marketable product.
Old 01-24-2021, 07:52 PM
Post whore

Thanked 4,808 Times in 2,679 Posts

Quote:
What are your issues with him?

I don't know what yours are, but I know a lot of people knock him for the surrounding talent. It was great, especially from a skill position perspective, but the offense doesn't move without a QB, and Mac Jones made NFL throws all year long against the best defenses in college football. It helped him to have talented receivers, but would you knock Peyton Manning for playing on a team with Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Edgerrin James, Dallas Clark, etc.? I'm certainly not saying Mac Jones is the next Peyton Manning, more that I don't think supporting cast is a good argument against a QB.
Tua was highly rated coming out of Alabama and now he doesn't look all that impressive.

Walter Football contacted 5 teams about Jones and the following is the draft status of those 5 teams.

3 had a 4th round grade.
1 was on the bubble between 2-3.
1 AFC GM said 2nd round was too high.

Another team source said he's another AJ McCarron.

On a lot of sites he is ranked at about the 7th best QB prospect this year.

Not someone I would like the Colts to depend on to be their QB of the future.
JAFF (01-24-2021)
Old 01-24-2021, 08:17 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,665 Times in 964 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
I had season tickets starting with joe tillers first season so suck it.

Brees had a very good arm and he was very accurate. The chargers have never made a super bowl, how has Drew done?

Do me a favor and just stop.
Being present at the games doesn't mean you saw things right. If you thought Drew Brees out of Purdue had an NFL arm and Mac Jones out of Alabama today does not, you're wrong and there's no other way to put it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
Tua was highly rated coming out of Alabama and now he doesn't look all that impressive.

Walter Football contacted 5 teams about Jones and the following is the draft status of those 5 teams.

3 had a 4th round grade.
1 was on the bubble between 2-3.
1 AFC GM said 2nd round was too high.

Another team source said he's another AJ McCarron.

On a lot of sites he is ranked at about the 7th best QB prospect this year.

Not someone I would like the Colts to depend on to be their QB of the future.
That really sounds like people who are relying on school pedigree and haven't really watched him play. Also remember Russell Wilson wasn't a first rounder to most NFL front offices because he was 5'11" and played at Wisconsin, who had never really produced an NFL QB. Watch Mac Jones throw a fade, a deep post, etc. When you find it on film (and it won't be that hard to find), go back and watch it again but watch for two specific things: 1) when does he start to throw the ball, and 2) when is the ball out? Watch the WR-DB matchup specifically in relation to this. Because what you're going to see (because it's what I saw on every throw like that over 8 or so games of film) is that at the exact moment the DB turns to run with the WR, Jones throws the ball. That's NFL level anticipation, and something AJ McCarron never showed.

Tua was a rookie last year and relied a lot more on athleticism to succeed than Mac Jones does. All I know is I wouldn't be surprised to see Darth Hoodie or Tomlin pull the trigger on him and all of us regret that for the next decade plus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
Rvers retired and all f these old fucks should follow suit..Brees, Rothlisberger and Brady.

They all suck and and are making the NFL a less marketable product.
That's a product of there not being enough QB talent to go around. That's part of why these QBs can play so much longer, there's no talent waiting to replace them.
Old 01-24-2021, 08:55 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Being present at the games doesn't mean you saw things right. If you thought Drew Brees out of Purdue had an NFL arm and Mac Jones out of Alabama today does not, you're wrong and there's no other way to put it.

That really sounds like people who are relying on school pedigree and haven't really watched him play. Also remember Russell Wilson wasn't a first rounder to most NFL front offices because he was 5'11" and played at Wisconsin, who had never really produced an NFL QB. Watch Mac Jones throw a fade, a deep post, etc. When you find it on film (and it won't be that hard to find), go back and watch it again but watch for two specific things: 1) when does he start to throw the ball, and 2) when is the ball out? Watch the WR-DB matchup specifically in relation to this. Because what you're going to see (because it's what I saw on every throw like that over 8 or so games of film) is that at the exact moment the DB turns to run with the WR, Jones throws the ball. That's NFL level anticipation, and something AJ McCarron never showed.

Tua was a rookie last year and relied a lot more on athleticism to succeed than Mac Jones does. All I know is I wouldn't be surprised to see Darth Hoodie or Tomlin pull the trigger on him and all of us regret that for the next decade plus.

That's a product of there not being enough QB talent to go around. That's part of why these QBs can play so much longer, there's no talent waiting to replace them.
Thank god you are here to explain how you are always right.
Old 01-24-2021, 09:00 PM

Thanked 4,423 Times in 2,536 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
Thank god you are here to explain how you are always right.
It's what he does
Old 01-24-2021, 09:39 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

In the situation the Colts find themselves in it would be foolish to put your hopes on a late first round rookie qb. Yeah you might get lucky but you cannot let that guy be your best option. Not if you have designs on playoff wins. Your chance of hitting on a better than average qb outside of the top half of the first round are slim. Stafford is available. Don't screw around. Just get him.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
JAFF (01-24-2021), Racehorse (01-24-2021)
Old 01-24-2021, 09:40 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
It's what he does
He needs to add taking a flying fuck at a rolling donut to complete his act
Old 01-24-2021, 09:47 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,139 Times in 646 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
I don’t want to be the franchise for every aging QB’s last shot. So stafford plays his contract, then who is next? Rodgers?
Stafford, then Matt Ryan, any other qb that needs to pad stats to try and get in the hall of fame
Old 01-24-2021, 09:49 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,139 Times in 646 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
In the situation the Colts find themselves in it would be foolish to put your hopes on a late first round rookie qb. Yeah you might get lucky but you cannot let that guy be your best option. Not if you have designs on playoff wins. Your chance of hitting on a better than average qb outside of the top half of the first round are slim. Stafford is available. Don't screw around. Just get him.
At what cost though?

I’m ok getting Buckner in his prime, but Stafford is hardly that and he’s taking a hell of a beating over the years I wouldn’t give them a 1st round pick for Stafford