ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 03-25-2020, 12:14 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Nah. They wont draft a QB this yr. Other than Burrow or Tua the rest are just players taking up a roster space. How many of the others are actually more talented than Kelly? JB is here for this yr . they will look next yr.

I like Jaime Newman in next yrs draft

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiaX2wEHq0g
Newman might end up being a top ten pick. He was already on teams radars and the QB coach at Georgia is a good one and well thought of. He has a good season we will likely have to trade up for him the same as Lawrence and Fields.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Puck (03-25-2020)
Old 03-25-2020, 06:55 PM

Thanked 4,361 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
A name to keep in mind draft day is James Morgan of Florida Int. Supposedly several teams are interested including us. We have been vetting him. So likely a later round pick spent on a QB.

My worry is we will end up like the Vikings the last couple years. Squad good enough to win the super bowl, can’t find a QB to lead them there.
I think the guy will be a quality starter in the league. Hope we get him.
Old 03-26-2020, 10:16 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,595 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:
A name to keep in mind draft day is James Morgan of Florida Int. Supposedly several teams are interested including us. We have been vetting him. So likely a later round pick spent on a QB.

My worry is we will end up like the Vikings the last couple years. Squad good enough to win the super bowl, can’t find a QB to lead them there.
I just watched him and I see why the Colts would be interested. Give the kid a clean pocket (or even relatively clean) and he's got the arm for any throw. He needs some of the gunslinger mentality coached out of him, but he's got a cannon and he knows how to put touch on a throw as well. It's not often you see a small school guy like that dropping 40+ yard fades over the receiver's shoulder on the sideline. He did it with regularity and ease.
Old 03-27-2020, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
I just watched him and I see why the Colts would be interested. Give the kid a clean pocket (or even relatively clean) and he's got the arm for any throw. He needs some of the gunslinger mentality coached out of him, but he's got a cannon and he knows how to put touch on a throw as well. It's not often you see a small school guy like that dropping 40+ yard fades over the receiver's shoulder on the sideline. He did it with regularity and ease.
I watched the highlights against Miami. What's the story on his receiver #16? I'd take both of them.
Old 03-27-2020, 11:46 AM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
There is some potential there. Goes through his progressions fast. Moves within the pocket. Finds his outlet. Height and arm seem big enough. He must have interviewed well to be popping up on teams radar. I like a little gunslinger. Need that bravado to push and win games. I don’t want Brett Farve who can’t tell the difference between nickle and dime. But have to play with no fear. I’d like to see more. I think accuracy is the most important trait, if he measures up I would take a flyer on him.
Old 03-27-2020, 11:51 AM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Classic View Post
I watched the highlights against Miami. What's the story on his receiver #16? I'd take both of them.
http://www.draftscout.com/dsprofile....DraftYear=2020

Dad was a journeyman wr in the league. Doubt he will get drafted in this class.
Old 03-27-2020, 12:42 PM

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,639 Posts

Quote:
Tony Gaiter. Reminds me a bit of Terrence Wilkins. What I like about him is it looks like he stepped up a lot against tougher competition. He had big games vs Miami, Marshall and Umass I believe.

He will probably go undrafted? The WR draft class is just so plentiful. I wouldnt mind if we grabbed him as a UDFA.
The Following User Says Thank You to Luck4Reich For This Useful Post:
Colt Classic (03-27-2020)
Old 03-27-2020, 01:05 PM

He was running hard in the Miami highlights. It’s not a bad idea to take a flier on the QB’s go-to guy in last year’s bigger games for them.

Last edited by Colt Classic; 03-27-2020 at 01:08 PM.
Old 03-27-2020, 01:06 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,595 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:
I'd grab him as a UDFA.

Quote:
There is some potential there. Goes through his progressions fast. Moves within the pocket. Finds his outlet. Height and arm seem big enough. He must have interviewed well to be popping up on teams radar. I like a little gunslinger. Need that bravado to push and win games. I don’t want Brett Farve who can’t tell the difference between nickle and dime. But have to play with no fear. I’d like to see more. I think accuracy is the most important trait, if he measures up I would take a flyer on him.
I said coach a little of the gunslinger mentality out of him, not entirely get rid of it. He plays hero ball too much, and that happens when you're down late or down big, but you wouldn't want him to do those things in the NFL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck4Reich View Post
Tony Gaiter. Reminds me a bit of Terrence Wilkins. What I like about him is it looks like he stepped up a lot against tougher competition. He had big games vs Miami, Marshall and Umass I believe.

He will probably go undrafted? The WR draft class is just so plentiful. I wouldnt mind if we grabbed him as a UDFA.
Couldn't agree more.
Old 04-01-2020, 11:11 AM
Post whore

Quote:
Stampede blue does an interview with Morgan.

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2020/4/...-international

What I didn't realize is that our QB coach was running the offense at the east-west shrine game and Morgan was working with him that week. Interesting connection.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (04-01-2020)