View Single Post
Old 12-18-2022, 06:01 PM

Thanked 2,274 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

Saturday was hired to win, regardless of what his decision was there.

You could argue that going for it was the right call, but I don't think that Saturday's hands were tied one way or the other. If he had let McLaughlin kick it and he had made it, very few people would complain about that decision.

I have mixed feelings about the decision, as I could see an argument for either one ...... I was recapping McLaughlin's day, rather than arguing that Saturday made the wrong decision. I think that either decision would have been right because a team needs to be able to get one yard on 4th down, and McLaughlin is having a fantastic, accurate season overall. The only decision that I would have vehemently disagreed with would be if he had chosen to punt the ball.

o
The way McLaughlin was kicking in that stadium on that particular day, how does Saturday not let him kick it?

If we win McLaughlin is AFC ST player of the week and Saturday has a chance to keep his job. I know what Dungy would have done.

I guess in the long run it works out for us as we are currently drafting #6 and with only one team in front of us, for sure taking a QB.