ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-20-2025, 03:54 PM
Colts And Orioles's Avatar
Colts And Orioles Colts And Orioles is offline
Historian
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Brewster, NY
Posts: 9,297
Thanks: 5,210
Thanked 5,567 Times in 3,377 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post



I can sympathize with him. I lost my oldest daughter in September of 2024. My life is not the same. My mental stability was questionable at best for a long time. You don't heal from losing a child, you just learn to live differently. It was from a disease that I had never heard of in my life, until she was diagnosed with it. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.





Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post



I lost a son 33 years ago, from an accident. My heart goes out to you, I get the pain. It is unbelievably intense. I'm not sure what "heal" actually means in these situations, but I know you can be happy again. There are a lot of us out there who are. Love to you and yours. If you'd like you can private message me, but I totally get it if you don't want to right now.



o


Granted that my following words are that of self-pity, but mother died suddenly and unexpectedly of a massive heart attack when I was 19 years-old. She was the only parent that I had, as my father abandoned our family when I was 7. Ever since her death, there have been times when I have felt like half of a man.

o
__________________
BALTIMORE COLTS ))))))))))))))))))) INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
apballin (11-20-2025), BCN#1 (11-22-2025), ChoppedWood (11-20-2025), Dewey 5 (11-20-2025), Lov2fish (11-20-2025), Oldcolt (11-20-2025), Racehorse (11-20-2025), sherck (11-20-2025), Thorgrim (11-20-2025)
  #2  
Old 11-20-2025, 09:54 PM
Oldcolt Oldcolt is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,851
Thanks: 3,124
Thanked 3,115 Times in 1,429 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o


Granted that my following words are that of self-pity, but mother died suddenly and unexpectedly of a massive heart attack when I was 19 years-old. She was the only parent that I had, as my father abandoned our family when I was 7. Ever since her death, there have been times when I have felt like half of a man.

o
Pain is pain brother. None of us get out of this life without it (unless you are some psycho). Loss is loss. It makes us human and bonds us together as people. Sucks
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (11-20-2025), Lov2fish (11-21-2025), Racehorse (11-21-2025), sherck (11-20-2025)
  #3  
Old 11-22-2025, 09:43 AM
Discflinger's Avatar
Discflinger Discflinger is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: In My Head
Posts: 827
Thanks: 419
Thanked 363 Times in 221 Posts
Default

Suffering is grace, but it still sucks.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-23-2025, 12:09 AM
Puck's Avatar
Puck Puck is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Fort Wayne
Posts: 8,535
Thanks: 2,237
Thanked 3,411 Times in 1,687 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discflinger View Post
Suffering is grace, but it still sucks.
Suffering is NOT grace. Suffering is the reasone you need grace.
__________________
Gonna win it all.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Puck For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (11-23-2025)
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.