ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #11  
Old 08-19-2025, 10:18 PM
IndyNorm's Avatar
IndyNorm IndyNorm is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,794
Thanks: 1,760
Thanked 1,936 Times in 1,090 Posts
Default

Quote:
Yeah it would be a different story if through camp Jones was clearly the better option. I’ve not seen any report suggesting that and I haven’t seen it in the preseason games either. You have the one play that is an issue, but reverse that play with the Jones fumbled snap (give jones the sack and AR the fumble) and I feel like certain people would use the fumble as an example of ARs issues. Jones has not been clearly better than AR. Maybe marginally better as a 6 year vet. He is who he is.
Exactly. If we could definitely say that Jones outperformed AR and not just maybe by a little bit then going with Jones wouldn't be an issue. Since they're been pretty close then you would think it makes sense to go w/ the high upside guy.



Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
I don’t see AP resigning here. He will likely be cheaper for his next team though.
Yeah, you're probably right. I was thinking he'll probably end up having a season similar to '23 w/ Jones throwing to him, but if that happens then he'll probably want to go someplace else on a show me deal to try have a big year to cash in from.

Quote:
I’m not sure they don’t see Mitchell as Pierces in house replacement.
I'm sure they drafted Mitchell with that thought, but they can't be happy with his non-stop biz decisions his rookie year and his dumbfuckery in the preseason.
Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.