ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 09-17-2018, 12:07 PM
Accidental Administrator

Default Luck's 2nd pick

I didnt realize how bad this was. This is the kind of stuff I do in Madden when I have had too many beers. It's 3rd and 10, he calls the play, knows where he is going with the ball and basically advertises it. you can see the deep safety on the right reading TY Hilton, and the LB on the right reading Andrew luck. You can even see the safety on the left knows where this ball is going. Meanwhile, Wilkins got released into the flat with 15 yards of open field in front of him. Rogers is cutting left in front of the LB, and Jack Doyle is cutting right and comes open underneath:

Here's he's committed to his throwing motion and you can already see the LB and safety start to commit. He NEVER took his eyes off that spot of the field. He has four better options,Wilkins in the flat left, Doyle running a short cross, rogers cutting left on a deep out, and 10 yards of open space in front of Luck where he can just run up the middle:

This is one of the biggest of the 20 or 30 reasons we are not 2-0 right now.

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."

Last edited by Pez; 09-17-2018 at 12:11 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pez For This Useful Post:
Indystu2 (09-18-2018)
Old 09-17-2018, 12:13 PM

Yes it was bad. It had no chance.

As was the first INT in the red zone last week. Bad decision from the beginning.
Old 09-17-2018, 01:06 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

its been said before, luck is similar to favre. can make great plays but also gets himself into trouble with his skills. as annoying as it is, I am not sure he will grow out of this, its just how he is.
Old 09-17-2018, 01:15 PM

Thanked 1,180 Times in 356 Posts

I think he kinda HAD grown outta this in 2016, but then got hurt and everything just reset for him.
Old 09-17-2018, 02:05 PM

Thanked 1,647 Times in 790 Posts

There is Good Luck. But sometimes we get Bad Luck.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HoosierinFL For This Useful Post:
Pez (09-17-2018), sherck (09-17-2018)
Old 09-17-2018, 02:05 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Part of this is rust, part of it is Luck. However instead of chuckles coaching him, he now has Reich and I think things like this will be addressed over time. I noticed in the second half he seemed to be getting the ball out quicker and wasn't waiting till the pocket collapsed on him like he does most of the time.
Old 09-17-2018, 02:13 PM

Nice analysis. Thanks for posting this.
The Following User Says Thank You to southside asshole For This Useful Post:
Pez (09-17-2018)
Old 09-17-2018, 02:34 PM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Part of this is rust, part of it is Luck. However instead of chuckles coaching him, he now has Reich and I think things like this will be addressed over time. I noticed in the second half he seemed to be getting the ball out quicker and wasn't waiting till the pocket collapsed on him like he does most of the time.
Agree, I think we'll see this squeezed out of his game over the course of the season.
Old 09-17-2018, 03:21 PM

Thanked 1,115 Times in 621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
I didnt realize how bad this was. This is the kind of stuff I do in Madden when I have had too many beers. It's 3rd and 10, he calls the play, knows where he is going with the ball and basically advertises it. you can see the deep safety on the right reading TY Hilton, and the LB on the right reading Andrew luck. You can even see the safety on the left knows where this ball is going. Meanwhile, Wilkins got released into the flat with 15 yards of open field in front of him. Rogers is cutting left in front of the LB, and Jack Doyle is cutting right and comes open underneath:

Here's he's committed to his throwing motion and you can already see the LB and safety start to commit. He NEVER took his eyes off that spot of the field. He has four better options,Wilkins in the flat left, Doyle running a short cross, rogers cutting left on a deep out, and 10 yards of open space in front of Luck where he can just run up the middle:

This is one of the biggest of the 20 or 30 reasons we are not 2-0 right now.
Real life & NFL speed is far different than Madden. Watching on tv or looking back at video you will always see what should have or shouldn't have happen. When things are moving that fast it's not as easy as your making it out to be. Go give it a try.
Old 09-17-2018, 03:35 PM
Accidental Administrator

Whatever dude. I knew someone was going to call out the Madden comment. I'm a 46 year old computer programmer. I've not trained since birth to read wide receivers.

The issue here isn't that it happened too fast. Look at the tape (https://www.colts.com/video/colts-vs...hlights-week-2) the pick is at 5:30... the OL gives him a pocket and a a hole to run through, that is their job. Rogers got open, that is his job, Doyle got open, that is his job. Wilkins got open, that is his job.

Luck's job is to read the field. Maybe I missed some sort of subtle head movement or eye movement that I could not see inside his helmet, but I never saw him look at anyone other than TY.

I'm really high on Lucks ability, and for the most part I'm an optimist if not a homer, but on this play he could have literally looked anywhere else and made a completion. That's his job.

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pez For This Useful Post:
Dewey 5 (09-17-2018), Indystu2 (09-18-2018), sherck (09-17-2018)