ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 10-06-2017, 12:26 PM

And its not really a Manning memory directly, and it happened in a bad year, but we can all laugh about it and quote it now :

"Playoffs!!!!! The Playoffs!!!......"
Old 10-06-2017, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpaceman View Post
And its not really a Manning memory directly, and it happened in a bad year, but we can all laugh about it and quote it now :

"Playoffs!!!!! The Playoffs!!!......"

We're just trying to win a freaking game!
Old 10-06-2017, 08:14 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,124 Times in 638 Posts

Games I attended that will always stick out

1. The 4th and 2 game vs the Pats, just remember the Joy of having a bitchass Pats fan sitting behind me the entire game with a dusty Moss jersey on talking shit the entire game and standing and waving as fans left thinking it was over. Not me, was there with my Brother talking shit right back- I remember telling him "It's okay you don't go no fucking where this shit ain't over we got 18 motherfucker" at the end he was actually cool about it he shook me and my brother's hand and said good game y'all deserved it

2. The piped noise game vs the Steelers-- this one I will never forget because their we're so many fucking Steelers fans at that game it just pissed me the fuck off. Waving they're fucking rags and yelling they're bullshit chant they were so hyped up before the game and I think the Colts fans that were there took it as a challenge to see all those fucks in our house! Then it happened. . . . Right at the beginning of the game . . .Play action 18 deep to 88 SIT THE FUCK DOWN MOTHERFUCKERS!!!! the rest of the game was a blur I just remember it was loud as fuck and I remember Bob Sanders flinging Willie Parker like a ragdoll allnight long
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to apballin For This Useful Post:
1965southpaw (10-06-2017), Coltsalr (10-07-2017)
Old 10-07-2017, 10:57 AM
TROLL

1998: There were a lot of games where the Colts jumped out to big leads against good teams only to blow it and lose by the end of the game. I've seen the SF game on NFL Network a couple times, but there was also the Atlanta game in Atlanta and they went to the Super Bowl that year. As Eric Allen said early in Peyton's career, he would score 20-something points in the first half, but the defense would figure out all his audibles by halftime and the Colts did squat the rest of the game. Lots of examples that year. But there were other moments to remember to: Peyton's first long bomb down the middle into Miami territory Week #1. The pick-6 he threw to end the game. The comeback against the Jests. And the Sunday night game at New England, where the Colts got blown out but the hype was pretty big because he was the #1 pick making his national TV debut. Even down 31-3 or whatever the announcers were still like damn this guy is going to be good.

1999: I remember watching in the preseason and thinking that was the time to buy season tickets. These guys are going to be good for a long time. I remember Peyton trucking someone to score a TD @ San Diego. He just fell to the ground like a girl all the time later in his career but damn at least in the beginning he was tough and would not be denied. Then I was at the Bengals game and saw him throw a 60-yard TD to Marvin and that was the first Peyton Manning touchdown pass I ever saw. Beautiful.

2000: His first career playoff touchdown pass. Peyton put the Colts in position to win the game, and as would often be the case in his career both here in Indianapolis and Denver, his defense/special teams/coaching let him down.

2001: Colts played in New York less than 2 days before the Sept. 11 attacks and destroyed the Jests. Games got cancelled the next week and then Peyton put up almost 50 again by third quarter in the home opener vs. the Bills. It was like a long TD pass every play that game. Super Bowl here we come. But then we lost damn near every game the rest of the year starting with the Cheaters....but what I'll remember the most about that year that most people forget is Peyton's fake spike 40-yard TD run right before halftime at New Orleans. Guys all run up to the line and Peyton fake spikes it and then takes off even fooling the TV cameras. He runs 40 yards for a TD but some asshole ref blew a whistle. The refs huddled and talked it over and called a make-believe penalty on the Saints as a makeup call to put us in field goal range but damn that was the best that never was.

2002: Idiot liquored up kicker. Fuck that Vandershank guy.

2003: The Tampa Bay comeback. The K.C. Masterpiece and first playoff wins. First championship game. Then #18 got a big head and thought he could win the game all by himself and threw a billion interceptions against the Patriots. Gotta learn, son.

2004: The record-breaking TD pass to Brandon Stokely. And like that damn troll's name from the old IndyStar Forums: 3-effin points.

2005: Peyton handing the ball off and throwing short against Cover 11 defenses week after week. Blowout after blowout after blowout. The loss at home to the Chargers ending the undefeated season bid. And of course, the fuckhead Vandershank missing another fucking kick.

2006: The Denver game and listening to "International Statement" on ESPN Primetime while the highlights played. That Gregg Williams fucker sending his hitman to break Peyton's neck in the Redskins game. The comeback against the Patriots in the Championship Game. The way he outsmarted Belichick and told him to suck his ****ing cock by handing the ball off to Addai on 3rd and goal. The TD pass to Reggie in the Super Bowl. And hoisting the Lombardi Trophy in the Miami purple rain.

2007: In my opinion the best of all the Colts teams that just got worn down by injuries and defending their title. If the Colts couldn't win it all again, then watching Peyton celebrate his little brother beating the Cheaters and sending all of their 19-0 t-shirts to poor African kids in Zimbabwe was the next best thing.

2008: The comeback at Houston, including Rosen-copter. But then in the playoffs at San Diego, after all the years bitching about the defense and special teams, all Peyton and the O have to do is convert a 3rd and short at the 2:00 warning to clinch the game. Nope. Put all your money on one side of the ball and you can't convert? Sometimes the blame was on Peyton and the O.

2009: I had followed the Colts for 15 years+ at that point and believed they were going to win every one of those games. As optimistic and non-jaded a fan as you could be, believe it or not. Then they fucking quit on the undefeated season like coward pussies. I'm sure it wasn't Peyton's call but all I can remember from that season is Peyton and the other starters, might as well have been shaking their heads on the sideline when they were pulled in the Jets game. Was like a stab in the heart for this Colts fan and never forgotten. The lazy go-through-the-motions do-what-we-do team deserved to lose to the gambling, take-life-by-the-throat New Orleans Saints in Super Bowl 44.

2010: The same shit that happened all the time at the end of Peyton's Indy career. Getting stabbed in the back by Caldwell and Polian. Seeing his last game end with him on the sidelines shaking his head out how stupid is idiot coach was who couldn't even figure out basic timeout strategy. Here, let me call a timeout for the other team so they can win the game....

Well, those are my memories. They were mostly good and some bad. Should have been more championships but I'm thankful for the one we got. Thanks Peyton.

Last edited by Gimmick; 10-07-2017 at 11:03 AM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gimmick For This Useful Post:
1965southpaw (10-07-2017), apballin (10-07-2017), DrSpaceman (10-07-2017), Hoopsdoc (10-08-2017), omahacolt (10-07-2017), YDFL Commish (10-07-2017)
Old 10-07-2017, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmick View Post
1998: There were a lot of games where the Colts jumped out to big leads against good teams only to blow it and lose by the end of the game. I've seen the SF game on NFL Network a couple times, but there was also the Atlanta game in Atlanta and they went to the Super Bowl that year. As Eric Allen said early in Peyton's career, he would score 20-something points in the first half, but the defense would figure out all his audibles by halftime and the Colts did squat the rest of the game. Lots of examples that year. But there were other moments to remember to: Peyton's first long bomb down the middle into Miami territory Week #1. The pick-6 he threw to end the game. The comeback against the Jests. And the Sunday night game at New England, where the Colts got blown out but the hype was pretty big because he was the #1 pick making his national TV debut. Even down 31-3 or whatever the announcers were still like damn this guy is going to be good.

1999: I remember watching in the preseason and thinking that was the time to buy season tickets. These guys are going to be good for a long time. I remember Peyton trucking someone to score a TD @ San Diego. He just fell to the ground like a girl all the time later in his career but damn at least in the beginning he was tough and would not be denied. Then I was at the Bengals game and saw him throw a 60-yard TD to Marvin and that was the first Peyton Manning touchdown pass I ever saw. Beautiful.

2000: His first career playoff touchdown pass. Peyton put the Colts in position to win the game, and as would often be the case in his career both here in Indianapolis and Denver, his defense/special teams/coaching let him down.

2001: Colts played in New York less than 2 days before the Sept. 11 attacks and destroyed the Jests. Games got cancelled the next week and then Peyton put up almost 50 again by third quarter in the home opener vs. the Bills. It was like a long TD pass every play that game. Super Bowl here we come. But then we lost damn near every game the rest of the year starting with the Cheaters....but what I'll remember the most about that year that most people forget is Peyton's fake spike 40-yard TD run right before halftime at New Orleans. Guys all run up to the line and Peyton fake spikes it and then takes off even fooling the TV cameras. He runs 40 yards for a TD but some asshole ref blew a whistle. The refs huddled and talked it over and called a make-believe penalty on the Saints as a makeup call to put us in field goal range but damn that was the best that never was.

2002: Idiot liquored up kicker. Fuck that Vandershank guy.

2003: The Tampa Bay comeback. The K.C. Masterpiece and first playoff wins. First championship game. Then #18 got a big head and thought he could win the game all by himself and threw a billion interceptions against the Patriots. Gotta learn, son.

2004: The record-breaking TD pass to Brandon Stokely. And like that damn troll's name from the old IndyStar Forums: 3-effin points.

2005: Peyton handing the ball off and throwing short against Cover 11 defenses week after week. Blowout after blowout after blowout. The loss at home to the Chargers ending the undefeated season bid. And of course, the fuckhead Vandershank missing another fucking kick.

2006: The Denver game and listening to "International Statement" on ESPN Primetime while the highlights played. That Gregg Williams fucker sending his hitman to break Peyton's neck in the Redskins game. The comeback against the Patriots in the Championship Game. The way he outsmarted Belichick and told him to suck his ****ing cock by handing the ball off to Addai on 3rd and goal. The TD pass to Reggie in the Super Bowl. And hoisting the Lombardi Trophy in the Miami purple rain.

2007: In my opinion the best of all the Colts teams that just got worn down by injuries and defending their title. If the Colts couldn't win it all again, then watching Peyton celebrate his little brother beating the Cheaters and sending all of their 19-0 t-shirts to poor African kids in Zimbabwe was the next best thing.

2008: The comeback at Houston, including Rosen-copter. But then in the playoffs at San Diego, after all the years bitching about the defense and special teams, all Peyton and the O have to do is convert a 3rd and short at the 2:00 warning to clinch the game. Nope. Put all your money on one side of the ball and you can't convert? Sometimes the blame was on Peyton and the O.

2009: I had followed the Colts for 15 years+ at that point and believed they were going to win every one of those games. As optimistic and non-jaded a fan as you could be, believe it or not. Then they fucking quit on the undefeated season like coward pussies. I'm sure it wasn't Peyton's call but all I can remember from that season is Peyton and the other starters, might as well have been shaking their heads on the sideline when they were pulled in the Jets game. Was like a stab in the heart for this Colts fan and never forgotten. The lazy go-through-the-motions do-what-we-do team deserved to lose to the gambling, take-life-by-the-throat New Orleans Saints in Super Bowl 44.

2010: The same shit that happened all the time at the end of Peyton's Indy career. Getting stabbed in the back by Caldwell and Polian. Seeing his last game end with him on the sidelines shaking his head out how stupid is idiot coach was who couldn't even figure out basic timeout strategy. Here, let me call a timeout for the other team so they can win the game....

Well, those are my memories. They were mostly good and some bad. Should have been more championships but I'm thankful for the one we got. Thanks Peyton.

That was epic! So many memories that I had forgotten. Thank you!
The Following User Says Thank You to 1965southpaw For This Useful Post:
Gimmick (10-10-2017)
Old 10-07-2017, 12:55 PM

http://coltswire.usatoday.com/2017/1...ring-of-honor/

Dear Colts fans,

It was a tremendous honor to be your quarterback for 14 years. Together, we shared amazing moments and achieved extraordinary milestones. Every step of the way, you believed in me and embraced me.

Your passion for football, your team and its players and coaches is remarkable. The Horseshoe has forged a bond between us that can never be broken and a piece of my heart will always be here in Indiana.

Thank you for your unwavering support and for making my time in Indianapolis special.

Sincerely, Peyton.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 1965southpaw For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (10-07-2017), rcubed (10-07-2017), Spike (10-07-2017)
Old 10-07-2017, 04:15 PM

Just watched the live stream of the unveiling ceremony......it was ok but a bit underwhelming. The highlight for me was Peyton flinging a dozen footballs into the crowd.....that would be a nice souvenir. The lowlight.....toss up between Irsay and Letterman. Irsay was lit and incoherent as usual. It's also clear he can barely move and is in a lot of pain....it's time for him to transition the business. Letterman looks like Bin Laden and his attempt at humor were painful to watch. Honestly Jeff Saturday was the best speaker (besides Peyton who is just a natural)....
The Following User Says Thank You to 1965southpaw For This Useful Post:
Spike (10-07-2017)
Old 10-07-2017, 05:13 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,124 Times in 638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965southpaw View Post
Just watched the live stream of the unveiling ceremony......it was ok but a bit underwhelming. The highlight for me was Peyton flinging a dozen footballs into the crowd.....that would be a nice souvenir. The lowlight.....toss up between Irsay and Letterman. Irsay was lit and incoherent as usual. It's also clear he can barely move and is in a lot of pain....it's time for him to transition the business. Letterman looks like Bin Laden and his attempt at humor were painful to watch. Honestly Jeff Saturday was the best speaker (besides Peyton who is just a natural)....
I was there it was cool in person, just reliving a lot of memories and speaking on what Manning has done for this city. 3$ beers was awesome as well
Old 10-07-2017, 05:20 PM
Post whore

Thanked 4,793 Times in 2,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965southpaw View Post
For those who missed it, here is the link. I used the fast forward button quite a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvrT7LCM_Ik

Last edited by Spike; 10-07-2017 at 06:04 PM.
Old 10-07-2017, 07:01 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,595 Times in 925 Posts

One of my favorite Peyton memories was also from 2006 when he had two (technically one) game winning TD drives. The Colts were at the Jets and Manning led what should've been a game winning TD drive. The Jets ran back the ensuing kickoff for a TD. So Manning gets the ball back with 2:15 left, marches the Colts right back down the field, and runs a QB sneak from the 1 yard line for what would become the game winning score. To me, that game represented Peyton Manning's ability to will a team to win more than any other game, because of the way he responded to having to go out and essentially win the game again. Most QBs would've folded under the pressure, Peyton calmly led an 80 yard drive in 85 seconds that suggested that he could do this as many times as he needed to to win the game. One of the many reasons I will always believe that the 2006 season was Peyton Manning's best as an NFL QB.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
1965southpaw (10-08-2017)