ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 10-04-2017, 11:52 AM

Default Thanks for the memories

Since week 5 is honoring Peyton's legacy I thought we should have a thread to recollect the highlights and lowlights.....if this thread doesn't belong here feel free to move it......

My top two highlights......will never forget, remember exactly where I was at and who I was with and can feel the euphoria every time I think about it
1. 2006 AFCCG vs Patsys......I was hostessing a big party at my home in Indy and as many have said that was really our Super Bowl victory
2. Vs Tampa come from behind victory where Peyton showcased what he can do with a ball and a couple of minutes. This was Dungy's redemption as well and shut up a lot of talking heads at ESPN. I was alone for that game so that was a bit of a bummer that I didn't have anyone to share it with

Lowlights.....
1. 2005 AFCCG vs Stillers. I was at that game with my family. I just remember how quiet the Hoosier dome was as we all sat there in stunned silence and watched a team that had been so dominant all season come completely unraveled. When Big Ben tackled Nick Harper it seemed like it was all happening in very slow motion. It still sucks.........
2. 2009 Super Bowl....
Watching Hank Baskett miss an onside kick that hit him between the numbers. I was living in Jax at the time and was surrounded by Jags and Saints fans who couldn't seems to understand why I couldn't feel happy that the people of New Orleans deserved the victory on account of Katrina.....fucking idiots.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 1965southpaw For This Useful Post:
apballin (10-06-2017), Coltsalr (10-04-2017), Spike (10-04-2017)
Old 10-04-2017, 01:04 PM
testcase448

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965southpaw View Post
Since week 5 is honoring Peyton's legacy I thought we should have a thread to recollect the highlights and lowlights.....if this thread doesn't belong here feel free to move it......

My top two highlights......will never forget, remember exactly where I was at and who I was with and can feel the euphoria every time I think about it
1. 2006 AFCCG vs Patsys......I was hostessing a big party at my home in Indy and as many have said that was really our Super Bowl victory
2. Vs Tampa come from behind victory where Peyton showcased what he can do with a ball and a couple of minutes. This was Dungy's redemption as well and shut up a lot of talking heads at ESPN. I was alone for that game so that was a bit of a bummer that I didn't have anyone to share it with

Lowlights.....
1. 2005 AFCCG vs Stillers. I was at that game with my family. I just remember how quiet the Hoosier dome was as we all sat there in stunned silence and watched a team that had been so dominant all season come completely unraveled. When Big Ben tackled Nick Harper it seemed like it was all happening in very slow motion. It still sucks.........
2. 2009 Super Bowl....
Watching Hank Baskett miss an onside kick that hit him between the numbers. I was living in Jax at the time and was surrounded by Jags and Saints fans who couldn't seems to understand why I couldn't feel happy that the people of New Orleans deserved the victory on account of Katrina.....fucking idiots.
Highlights... to Numerous to mention but Super Bowl win for Indy...

Low-lights... the Kick off return we gave up to the Jets after Peyton gave us the lead in his last playoff game. How the f... does that happen?
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
1965southpaw (10-04-2017)
Old 10-04-2017, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by testcase448 View Post
Highlights... to Numerous to mention but Super Bowl win for Indy...

Low-lights... the Kick off return we gave up to the Jets after Peyton gave us the lead in his last playoff game. How the f... does that happen?
Jim Caldwell happened.

I agree, I never got over that that was our final memory of him in a Colts uniform. Well, until my avatar happened.
The Following User Says Thank You to Coltsalr For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2017, 06:17 PM

Highlights:
1. Was in Indy for the Do-It-Best Hardware show and went to a game I think was a Sunday night. I was in nosebleed section with clients and after halftime I headed to empty season ticket seats; got bumped twice before I ended up in about row 5 at the 45 and watched (in line with) Peyton throw his 100th TD pass to Marvin in the corner.
2. New Brunswick Canada on a fishing trip the night Peyton brought them back against Tampa Bay. I think it finished at close to 1:00 am Atlantic time.
3. All the games where we had the confidence He could perform. He was so in control and I still think while he may not be the best performing QB he was the smartest guy under center and a thrill to watch.

Lowlights: none really, except the day he left Indy.
The Following User Says Thank You to dwilli57 For This Useful Post:
1965southpaw (10-04-2017)
Old 10-04-2017, 08:01 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Green Bay shootout with BF. Just a tremendous thing to take in- those two put on a spectacular display.

The throw in the 2006 AFCC where he threw that out to Fletcher- to me that is legitimately the best pass in NFL history. Every possible negative factor ever in play right there and he throws a blind pass to a spot where he just knows his TE, his backup TE, will be when he turns out. Just remarkable.

The fake spike like 80 yard sprint- even though they took it away- that was just awesome watching his awkward ass running for glory.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
1965southpaw (10-04-2017), apballin (10-06-2017)
Old 10-04-2017, 08:20 PM
testcase448

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
Jim Caldwell happened.

Now Pagano...

We are cursed
Old 10-04-2017, 09:03 PM

Thanked 4,372 Times in 2,519 Posts

I am glad you mentioned the MNF game where he got 4 TDs very late to win the game that was supposedly already over.

That game was a classic...that I missed because I also thought it was over and went to bed. Woke up and didn't believe what I heard about us winning. Had to turn on SportsCenter to see if it were true.
1965southpaw (10-04-2017), Coltsalr (10-04-2017)
Old 10-04-2017, 09:19 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,606 Times in 933 Posts

I was at the 2006 AFC Championship Game. The two loudest noises I've ever heard were the roar after Addai scored the game winning TD and the roar after Marlin Jackson grabbed the game clinching INT. Peyton was masterful on that final drive, he marched them down the field almost too quickly. The moment I knew they were winning it was Reggie's air fumble and subsequent self-recovery. I remember that second of real time seemingly lasting 15 minutes, the ball seemingly freezing at its highpoint in the air, and Reggie fighting off three Cheaters to get the ball back, and he was the only Colt who could have. The funny thing about that sequence is its irrelevance, as Tully Banta-Cain was called for roughing the passer on the play. Then The Block happened, Saturday laid Wilfork out and created a running lane for Addai that he could've driven a Mack truck through. That moment was such a great moment, because the Cheaters were down 4 and Tommy Boy needed a TD drive to win the game, something he'd never done in the postseason before. Then the interception happened, and simultaneously 60,000+ of us jumped and screamed and celebrated. I remember being one of the last people to leave the stadium and walking out into the second craziest downtown Indianapolis I've ever seen. That was, by far, my favorite game and memory of the Peyton Manning era.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
1965southpaw (10-04-2017), apballin (10-06-2017), ChoppedWood (10-04-2017), Coltsalr (10-05-2017), Racehorse (10-05-2017)
Old 10-04-2017, 09:22 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
I was at the 2006 AFC Championship Game. The two loudest noises I've ever heard were the roar after Addai scored the game winning TD and the roar after Marlin Jackson grabbed the game clinching INT. Peyton was masterful on that final drive, he marched them down the field almost too quickly. The moment I knew they were winning it was Reggie's air fumble and subsequent self-recovery. I remember that second of real time seemingly lasting 15 minutes, the ball seemingly freezing at its highpoint in the air, and Reggie fighting off three Cheaters to get the ball back, and he was the only Colt who could have. The funny thing about that sequence is its irrelevance, as Tully Banta-Cain was called for roughing the passer on the play. Then The Block happened, Saturday laid Wilfork out and created a running lane for Addai that he could've driven a Mack truck through. That moment was such a great moment, because the Cheaters were down 4 and Tommy Boy needed a TD drive to win the game, something he'd never done in the postseason before. Then the interception happened, and simultaneously 60,000+ of us jumped and screamed and celebrated. I remember being one of the last people to leave the stadium and walking out into the second craziest downtown Indianapolis I've ever seen. That was, by far, my favorite game and memory of the Peyton Manning era.
Yep!
Old 10-04-2017, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post

As the crowd was roaring Lamey was screaming: we're going to the Super Bowl! We're going to the Super Bowl! Can you believe it!