ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 12-05-2018, 07:06 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
Also agree with this 100%. I guess it should be clear that I think we have < 1% chance of making the playoffs. We probably only have a slightly better change to beat the Texans.
I'm thinking of the Colts v. Ravens in Baltimore on the trip to the super bowl. 5 field goals. Adam V being money all game long.

In the NFL, you need to get points. Getting 3 every time they were in the red zone might have won that game. Every time they came away empty, it took the wind out of their sails.

I'm concerned about the baseball mentality of Home run or strike out. Putting points on the board against the Jags, who had a weak offense, wasn't taking the easy route, it was the smart route. Never turn down points.
Old 12-05-2018, 08:09 PM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
I'm thinking of the Colts v. Ravens in Baltimore on the trip to the super bowl. 5 field goals. Adam V being money all game long.

In the NFL, you need to get points. Getting 3 every time they were in the red zone might have won that game. Every time they came away empty, it took the wind out of their sails.

I'm concerned about the baseball mentality of Home run or strike out. Putting points on the board against the Jags, who had a weak offense, wasn't taking the easy route, it was the smart route. Never turn down points.
Wrong
Old 12-05-2018, 08:18 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Without a doubt, yes.

1. playoff experience, especially if we can win the wildcard and get to the divisional
2. psychological benefit of making the playoffs in general
3. small sample size, but this 'regime' has shown an ability to find value in the draft
4. an extra second rounder from the Jets (negotiated last year)
5. An extra 4th rounder compensatory that we will get for Moncrief

And were already past the point in a way. If we go 2-2 on in the next 4, we:

1. miss the playoffs
2. pick about 16th or 17th

If we win out and make the playoffs, then go one and done, we will

1. get the aforementioned benefits of playoff experience
2. finish 12th and pick 21st

I am confident that with this 'regime' the difference between a 17th pick and a 21st pick is not that significant.

We have some flexibility also. If we want to trade up to draft higher in the first, we have an extra 2nd and an extra 4th to use as capital to trade up.

I always kind of thought playoff experience was overrated. You turn it up a notch, ok.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Pez (12-06-2018), VeveJones007 (12-06-2018)
Old 12-05-2018, 10:01 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
I always kind of thought playoff experience was overrated. You turn it up a notch, ok.

The “experiance” is all the other nonsense that goes on, the 24 hr microscope of media, blogging, friends and family wanting tickets, ect and so forth. All that and staying focused
The Following User Says Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (12-06-2018)
Old 12-05-2018, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Colts AND ravens both? or colts OR ravens?
Colts or Ravens......in other words none of the others (ie titans, bengals....have a credible chance). Its a two team race for one spot.
Old 12-06-2018, 08:34 AM
Accidental Administrator

I think Corner or DE first round.... use one of our seconds for WR

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
The Following User Says Thank You to Pez For This Useful Post:
VeveJones007 (12-06-2018)
Old 12-06-2018, 09:35 AM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts

Quote:
I think Corner or DE first round.... use one of our seconds for WR
I could be ok with cb in the 1st but I hope dline will be addressed there.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
chicagocolt (12-06-2018), Pez (12-06-2018), VeveJones007 (12-06-2018)
Old 12-06-2018, 12:50 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
While the game against the Jags was god awful, it will tell us what this team is made of. If they come out and get @ss kicked, that won't be good. If they come and out drag the Texans into overtime, I will be happy. They need to play hard and smart. The coach needs to admit that a FG is better than 0 points.

The Texans are a better team, with a good O and a better D. If the Colts can make them fight all game long. That will be the best news, no matter what the final score is.
One other aspect I am going to try to evaluate is how defenses are adjusting to Reich after the first game. It looked like the Jags figured out how to shut him down after the 1st half of game 1. Does Reich have a counterpunch if the Texans make strong adjustments?

That being said, I strongly believe that Reich was limited against the Jags due to personnel. If your receivers can't beat man coverage and your offensive line can't get push for the running game, it's going to be nearly impossible for a coach.
Old 12-06-2018, 06:23 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
One other aspect I am going to try to evaluate is how defenses are adjusting to Reich after the first game. It looked like the Jags figured out how to shut him down after the 1st half of game 1. Does Reich have a counterpunch if the Texans make strong adjustments?

That being said, I strongly believe that Reich was limited against the Jags due to personnel. If your receivers can't beat man coverage and your offensive line can't get push for the running game, it's going to be nearly impossible for a coach.
Missing Kelly might have been a bigger problem than coaches (or fans) anticipated? Hope he's back for Sunday.
Old 12-06-2018, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Missing Kelly might have been a bigger problem than coaches (or fans) anticipated? Hope he's back for Sunday.
Anybody know what's wrong with Ty? I heard he was one of the 9 people today that did not practice.