ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-06-2022, 07:01 PM

Default My Take for real

Our defense is getting better each week. I know we will not be the legion of boom, but this has turned into a quality defensive unit. So far the rare good thin with this team.

Our O-Line is just horribly atrocious and gets worse by the week. Even Q sucks, watch this clip: https://twitter.com/i/status/1589375358784405506
I don't even know where to start on why. I do know in no universe was Pryor the answer, EVER. Three different positions this year, exploited by the opposing team and benched for every position. Just cut him please. Getting rid of Glow and Reed were horrible mistakes. Ballard showing us how smart he was had the opposite effect. I'm not sure any part of this line is salvageable at all. Just horrendous.

I was going to lay into our receivers, but I can't. Sam never had enough time to go through his progressions and they never had enough time to get separation before a defensive player was in the backfield and in pursuit of Sam.

Which brings me to Sam. Is he the answer? Still do not know. How do you grade him when he is in constant peril. He can only scramble so much to extend plays, but when 3-4 guys are crashing down on you nearly every single play, it wears you down. So jury is still out, but if draft was next weekend I would be trying to move up and get Levis.

Special teams has played fair this year. No complaints as a whole, but as with anything always room for improvement.

Jackson, Lindsey, or even Taylor are getting more than 2-3 yards per rush behind this line, and that is being overzealous on the 2-3 yards. I'm not sure Barry Sanders gets more than 3 behind this line. Set Taylor for the year and call it a day. He is just going to get knocked around like some of ya's ex-wives.

Play calling. Yea, firing Brady sure made that obvious how much he was holding this team back. Reich's insistence of running two straight plays up the middle with this line is maddening. You then have 3rd & 7 or 8 and he calls a 5 yard hitch, sweep or a rub across the middle for 2 yards. Again, maddening. Using Gransen as a fullback on the 3rd. & 1 was retarded, he needed a complete lobotomy for the 4th. down pitch 6 yards deep with these running backs and o-line.

Ballard has constructed a shitty all around team and done nothing to address glaring holes. His idea of putting Pryor at LT as a sound choice should have his job in jeopardy. Pryor done nothing last year that says he is a solid LT. Nothing!

Burn it down. Keep anyone under 25-26 with talent and trade/cut everyone else in the off season and lets start over. This truly is not working, nor is it going to work. Just despicable what we are forced to endure as fans.
CanuckColt (11-06-2022), ChoppedWood (11-06-2022), CletusPyle (11-06-2022), dwilli57 (11-07-2022), IndyNorm (11-06-2022), Ironshaft (11-08-2022), nate505 (11-06-2022), njcoltfan (11-07-2022), Spike (11-06-2022)
Old 11-06-2022, 08:43 PM

Thanked 1,655 Times in 794 Posts

The main thing that needs to be burned down is the o-line.

As you said, this defense is really good and improving. I see no good reason to blow them up.

But we need a massive turnover on the o-line to go with a new o-line coach, a new OC, and preferably a new HC that lets the OC do their job.
I'm fine with the WR room and the RB room. The TEs need help, and if we lucked into another solid receiver that would be great.

I have no idea what to do about QB.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HoosierinFL For This Useful Post:
apballin (11-06-2022), Brylok (11-06-2022), Lov2fish (11-06-2022), Racehorse (11-06-2022)
Old 11-06-2022, 08:56 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,608 Times in 934 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
Which brings me to Sam. Is he the answer? Still do not know. How do you grade him when he is in constant peril. He can only scramble so much to extend plays, but when 3-4 guys are crashing down on you nearly every single play, it wears you down. So jury is still out, but if draft was next weekend I would be trying to move up and get Levis.
There was a play that made it very clear to me he was not the answer. Yes, he was under pressure a lot of the game, but there was a particular third down where he was not under pressure and Braden Smith blocked his man very well. Ehlinger panicked, rolled to his left, ran himself into pressure, and threw an incomplete pass. It was an entirely unforced error where a smart QB would have either stood tall in the pocket or rolled right and given himself a better chance of making a play.
Old 11-06-2022, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
There was a play that made it very clear to me he was not the answer. Yes, he was under pressure a lot of the game, but there was a particular third down where he was not under pressure and Braden Smith blocked his man very well. Ehlinger panicked, rolled to his left, ran himself into pressure, and threw an incomplete pass. It was an entirely unforced error where a smart QB would have either stood tall in the pocket or rolled right and given himself a better chance of making a play.

I want the Colts to win, either with Sam or whomever, as long as they win. To pigeon hole him on one play after basically running for his life for 2 straight weeks is a little unfair. If he sucks, he sucks, but lets see a complete body of work.
nate505 (11-06-2022), Oldcolt (11-06-2022), Racehorse (11-06-2022)
Old 11-06-2022, 09:04 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,608 Times in 934 Posts

Quote:
I want the Colts to win, either with Sam or whomever, as long as they win. To pigeon hole him on one play after basically running for his life for 2 straight weeks is a little unfair. If he sucks, he sucks, but lets see a complete body of work.
That illustrates his terrible pocket presence, to go along with his terrible arm strength, mediocre decision making, and quality accuracy. He's not the answer. That's not so much based on that play, moreso that play illustrates it.
Old 11-06-2022, 09:07 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,266 Times in 2,014 Posts

o

The Colts' defense is getting better in spite of the fact that the Colts' offense is almost always either punting the ball or turning it over ...... and that's a hell of a feat.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 11-06-2022, 09:10 PM
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

The Colts' defense is getting better in spite of the fact that the Colts' offense is almost always either punting the ball or turning it over ...... and that's a hell of a feat.

o
o

And a really sucky thing is that all of the points that the opponents score ...... including pick-sixes and 2 yard drives after a block punt ..... they all count against the defense in the season totals of PF and PA (points scored for, and points scored against.)

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (11-06-2022)
Old 11-06-2022, 09:19 PM

Thanked 1,895 Times in 922 Posts

Quote:
Dam decided he wasn’t any good the day he was drafted.

He probably isn’t any good but we can’t say that for certain yet. He doesn’t have a chance behind this line.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
Lov2fish (11-07-2022), Oldcolt (11-06-2022), omahacolt (11-07-2022), Racehorse (11-06-2022), Spike (11-06-2022)
Old 11-06-2022, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post

He probably isn’t any good but we can’t say that for certain yet. He doesn’t have a chance behind this line.

I don't put much stock in his analysts. I have seen some of the players he rated for the Colts to pick that can't even make a teams practice squad, but I do like a hearty debate that is based on an intelligent exchange. Don't get me wrong, I can be a complete Neanderthal and drag my knuckles in an exchange of jabs, but I do prefer an educated debate.
Old 11-06-2022, 09:33 PM
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post

He probably isn’t any good but we can’t say that for certain yet. He doesn’t have a chance behind this offensive line.

o

Michael Vick, Randall Cunningham, Fran Tarkenton, and Bobby Douglass probably wouldn't have a chance behind this offensive line.

o

Last edited by Colts And Orioles; 11-06-2022 at 09:36 PM.