ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-12-2017, 09:36 AM

Thanked 1,197 Times in 528 Posts
Default O-Line Stat from 2016

Last 3 games of the season where we started the offensive line of:

'Stanzo / Harrison / Kelly / Haeg / Clark

Quote:
Luck was sacked 7 times in 170 pass attempts (four of those sacks game in Week 17). That’s a 4.1 percent sack rate, which would have ranked 6th in the NFL last year. Luck wasn’t sacked in Weeks 15 or 16, the first time in his career he was not sacked in consecutive games.
Sub in Mewhort (or Schwenke) for Harrison at left OG and that line gets better.

Also, here are some links to some pictorial/video analysis of Haeg and Clark during the 2016 season but some dude named Brett Mock. I have never heard of him but his analysis seems pretty good.

Part I = Le'Raven Clark

Part II = Joe Haeg

If we pick O-Line in the first 3 rounds I will not be unhappy (4th round and below just brings us more "solid" guys like Clark, Haeg and Good which I don't think we need more of; we need a clear cut starter if anyone) but I think we will be good without the pick.

Cheers,
Old 04-12-2017, 10:22 AM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post

Also, here are some links to some pictorial/video analysis of Haeg and Clark during the 2016 season but some dude named Brett Mock. I have never heard of him but his analysis seems pretty good.

Part I = Le'Raven Clark

Part II = Joe Haeg

If we pick O-Line in the first 3 rounds I will not be unhappy (4th round and below just brings us more "solid" guys like Clark, Haeg and Good which I don't think we need more of; we need a clear cut starter if anyone) but I think we will be good without the pick.

Cheers,
Agreed. You could see improvement on the line as the season progressed. The question is whether they continue to progress. The only way to find out is to have them play, which is why I think they need to focus on D this draft.
Old 04-12-2017, 01:49 PM

Thanked 2,257 Times in 1,216 Posts

Quote:

Part I = Le'Raven Clark

Part II = Joe Haeg

Cheers,
Based only on this guys analysis, I'm much more impressed with Clark than Haeg. Mind you, I'm not down on Haeg but....If Ballard thinks he can draft an OG that will be a huge improvement on Haeg, then, I'm all for it.
Old 04-12-2017, 01:55 PM

Thanked 1,667 Times in 797 Posts

Quote:

Part I = Le'Raven Clark

Part II = Joe Haeg

Cheers,
nice, and what this tells me is that you can tell it is Haeg's first time playing Guard. Maybe he is better suited to Tackle after all. Maybe long term he is the RT and Clark is the LT