ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 11-10-2017, 06:44 PM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts
Default quick thoughts on stuff

1) pagano is shit. this "whole everybody has to earn it" nonsense is fucking mind numbingly stupid. vontae is benched for perfomance issues yet he trots out aiken every week as a starter? vagitch won the job over haeg? tj fucking green was named a starter at safety, was terrible and then somehow won the starting cb job in like 3 practices. wilson couldnt be active due to special teams play?

2) i am so sick and tired of the nonsense pagano says to the press as well. what the fuck is the thinking there? does he do anything to make this team look like they have a clue? i can't wait for this shit bag to be gone.

3) we don't need a peyton manning to run this team. i am not against it but the dude has never done anything like that. and i have my doubts if he would be willing to work with people well enough to succeed. i could see him being great or i could see him being so overbearing that it just doesnt work. but it would be a welcomed site for anyone to come in and get this shit show under control.

it isn't really about winning or losing at this point. it is not being an embarrassment while we build up a good team.

4) ballard sure has let this shit get out of hand. i like that he has a stellar reputation and i am very willing to give him time but i will just say that i am not as thrilled with him as some. i do think he was the right hire. even if he doesnt reach greatness, he had the resume so i don't fault the hire.

5) wtf is with andrew luck. the rumors are out of hand imo. i didn't read his quotes the other week when he met with the media briefly but he would really do this team/fanbase wonders if he denied the rumors if they weren't true. which leads me to believe there is a bit of fire to the smoke. but lets look at it. feel free to correct any of this if i am missing the dartboard here.

- he signed a contract and he can't easily just walk away. and he doesn't seem like the type of kid that would get butthurt easily.

- could he be pissed that his shoulder was misdiagnosed by team docs? i guess so. but did Luck really not get a second opinion on his hurt throwing shoulder? i really don't see where he would be pissed off here. at least with the organization. i get being pissed of at the situation.

- is he mad that he never had a good line? he was the 1st pick in the draft, no fucking way he thought it would be a cakewalk year after year to super bowl wins. the colts failed at building a quality line in front of him. but they did invest the resources to do so. i really don't see how a player as smart as luck would be pissed about this.

- i would not be surprised to see luck have another procedure soon. based on what the nfl doc said, what i heard jim miller say, and an article i read about shoulder injuries.

- i don't like any of this. and there is nobody extinguishing the fire properly.

6) the irsay lied people are fucking stupid. grow up.

7) i am really annoyed at the handling of the vontae davis situation. how can a professional coach fuck this up so much? and honestly how bad was vontae playing. i like davis so maybe i am biased but i can't think of maybe 4 plays where i thought he was bad. then again i didn't have expectations of him being revis like some guys do.

discuss if you would like
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
1965southpaw (11-11-2017), Dewey 5 (11-10-2017), kitekrazy (11-11-2017), Racehorse (11-11-2017), Scotty (11-10-2017), Spike (11-11-2017), Thorgrim (11-10-2017)
Old 11-10-2017, 09:28 PM

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,167 Posts

Great post. OC you are a complete asshole most of the time, but one of the smartest and most entertaining posters. That is some solid and fair analysis. I have not read many people calling out Luck on not denying the rumors, great point I had not considered. This season is such a shit show.
Old 11-10-2017, 10:50 PM

I'm not very loud on this site but one thing I have mentioned on Twitter on several occasions to Indy media types is where the hell is Luck' s voice in all of this? Ballard indicated in an interview I listened to that Luck is going to speak but did not pin it down with a specific date. It's ridiculous that special arrangements have to be made for the face of the franchise to speak about the situation.
Old 11-10-2017, 10:58 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by indycolts2 View Post
I'm not very loud on this site but one thing I have mentioned on Twitter on several occasions to Indy media types is where the hell is Luck' s voice in all of this? Ballard indicated in an interview I listened to that Luck is going to speak but did not pin it down with a specific date. It's ridiculous that special arrangements have to be made for the face of the franchise to speak about the situation.
Maybe he doesnt want to talk about it with the media
Old 11-11-2017, 12:55 AM
Post whore

Thanked 4,793 Times in 2,672 Posts

Totally agree. Pagano IS the fucking problem here. He's like a fucking rash that won't go away. He was never qualified to be an NFL head coach, and this year, this shit show shows how horrible he really is. Lying, conniving, piece of garbage. Can't stand the MF.

As far as Ballard goes, I think Irsay tied his hands with Pagano this year. If Irsay has one brain cell left, he should let Ballard get rid of this piece of shit ASAP.

None of the knowledgable Colt fans or the media think Pagano is worth a shit, yet here he is leading our Colt team. What a fucking disaster.
Old 11-11-2017, 09:05 AM
testcase448

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
Totally agree. Pagano IS the fucking problem here. .
Pags is the problem the bigger problem though is further up the management chain.

A drunken, stoner imbecile man child owner and a GM lacking gonads to fire the worst coach in the NFL
Old 11-11-2017, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by testcase448 View Post
Pags is the problem the bigger problem though is further up the management chain.

A drunken, stoner imbecile man child owner and a GM lacking gonads to fire the worst coach in the NFL
It's not that easy. His mistake was giving Grigs and Pags a 4 year deal. He owes 3 years of sunken money to Grigson and will have to pay Pags 2 years of sunken money. It's still a lot of guaranteed money.

Next is finding replacements. Coaching replacements are not easy even under the anyone but Pags thinking. An outside looking to work in an organization might think hired to get fired.

The organization had a HOF GM and coach. Those aren't easy to replace. Eventually the team got old and getting quality replacements is not easy. You look at all of the players from their last Super Bowl and how many on the current roster are even close to that level of talent?

Plus the current coaching philosophy sucks because it was never implemented. They also took two of the best DEs and turned them into LB just for their failed 3-4.
Old 11-11-2017, 04:29 PM

1) this "whole everybody has to earn it" nonsense is fucking mind numbingly stupid.

Pags has earned unemployment in the NFL.

2) i am so sick and tired of the nonsense pagano says to the press as well. what the fuck is the thinking there? does he do anything to make this team look like they have a clue? i can't wait for this shit bag to be gone.

With this current generation you can't tell it like it is. See Jim Mora, Mike Ditka.

3) we don't need a peyton manning to run this team. i am not against it but the dude has never done anything like that. and i have my doubts if he would be willing to work with people well enough to succeed. i could see him being great or i could see him being so overbearing that it just doesnt work. but it would be a welcomed site for anyone to come in and get this shit show under control.

I don't Manning has ever responded about this.

it isn't really about winning or losing at this point. it is not being an embarrassment while we build up a good team.

Too late for that.

5)
- is he mad that he never had a good line? he was the 1st pick in the draft, no fucking way he thought it would be a cakewalk year after year to super bowl wins. the colts failed at building a quality line in front of him. but they did invest the resources to do so. i really don't see how a player as smart as luck would be pissed about this.

Well I'm mad about the line. Grigs did too much damage and started with picking Dorsette. You have to be good at drafting linemen and willing to pay a lot for mediocre. I don't want him exposed to this line. Even Manning or Marino could not survive this. Old man Brady would be in a nursing home.

I think he knew this season was doomed. You still have to fill the seats.

7) i am really annoyed at the handling of the vontae davis situation. how can a professional coach fuck this up so much? and honestly how bad was vontae playing. i like davis so maybe i am biased but i can't think of maybe 4 plays where i thought he was bad. then again i didn't have expectations of him being revis like some guys do.

Wasn't Pagano labeled as a player's coach? Who knows what the attitude is with team veterans. I guess he has never really lived up to his contract. So far no team is interested in him. There may be more to this than we are allowed to know.
Old 11-11-2017, 04:55 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,595 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitekrazy View Post
1) this "whole everybody has to earn it" nonsense is fucking mind numbingly stupid.

Pags has earned unemployment in the NFL.

With this current generation you can't tell it like it is. See Jim Mora, Mike Ditka.

I don't Manning has ever responded about this.

Too late for that.

5)

Well I'm mad about the line. Grigs did too much damage and started with picking Dorsette. You have to be good at drafting linemen and willing to pay a lot for mediocre. I don't want him exposed to this line. Even Manning or Marino could not survive this. Old man Brady would be in a nursing home.

I think he knew this season was doomed. You still have to fill the seats.

Wasn't Pagano labeled as a player's coach? Who knows what the attitude is with team veterans. I guess he has never really lived up to his contract. So far no team is interested in him. There may be more to this than we are allowed to know.
No team is interested in Vontae Davis because he's having season ending groin surgery.
Old 11-11-2017, 04:57 PM

Thanked 1,647 Times in 790 Posts

Good stuff as always omaha.
Also just for the record since I'm drunk: I don't think you're an asshole. You know as well as I that a large segment of hoosiers are racist rednecks who favor mediocre white players just because they are white.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HoosierinFL For This Useful Post:
natagu23 (11-11-2017), omahacolt (11-11-2017)