ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 01-14-2019, 04:43 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Don't forget that Ballard was part of the front office when KC drafted Ford. He's spoken positively about Ford in the past, so I wouldn't be surprised if he's a target. However, Ballard will have a number in mind and it's probable that Ford will get a premium from some other desperate team (cough, NYJ, cough).
Old 01-14-2019, 07:30 PM

I have not watched a KC game all year except the one against Indy

But he caused problems for this offense all game.

And its a huge area of need.
Old 01-14-2019, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
Don't forget that Ballard was part of the front office when KC drafted Ford. He's spoken positively about Ford in the past, so I wouldn't be surprised if he's a target. However, Ballard will have a number in mind and it's probable that Ford will get a premium from some other desperate team (cough, NYJ, cough).
Very true, however some guys want to go to a contender and unlike last year we are a much more attractive prospect. Don't know what Fords motives are but I'm sure Ballard has a few more rounds of ammo that he didn't have last year to close a deal if the numbers are close enough.
Old 01-14-2019, 08:44 PM

Thanked 1,180 Times in 356 Posts

I am intrigued because he's a speed rusher. And pending Turay results (which looked really bad in the 2nd half of the year), that's a skillset Colts do not have.
Old 01-14-2019, 09:00 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,607 Times in 934 Posts

Isn't part of the point of building a locker room/culture/whatever you want to call it being able to take on a talented player that other teams can't handle and get good production out of them? His history isn't great, but that likely means you can get him at a discount and put him on a short leash.
Old 01-15-2019, 12:33 AM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Isn't part of the point of building a locker room/culture/whatever you want to call it being able to take on a talented player that other teams can't handle and get good production out of them? His history isn't great, but that likely means you can get him at a discount and put him on a short leash.
I'm saying I don't want to cheer for him. I don't want the guy on this team. It doesn't matter if the locker room can "handle" him.
Old 01-15-2019, 12:37 AM

Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,198 Posts

Dee Ford reminds me of a lower motor Robert Mathis. Not that, that is a bad thing.

But, if Ballard thinks that he can transition to DE, then I'm all for it.
Old 01-15-2019, 01:27 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,607 Times in 934 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
I'm saying I don't want to cheer for him. I don't want the guy on this team. It doesn't matter if the locker room can "handle" him.
Unless there's some league-wide boycott of him I'm unaware of, some team is going to sign him. His size and length make him a great fit for the power end position in the defensive scheme the Colts are running, and 2019 will be his age 26 season. Given the points you mentioned, I don't think he's a good human being, but as a football player, I'd rather his talents be helping the Colts than, say, the Cheaters. I'd also rather win championships than have the highest character locker room, and Clark (as well as Ford) brings something the Colts sorely lacked in 2018, effectiveness as a pass rusher. Signing both of those players would allow Ballard to purely focus on BPA in the draft and otherwise try to find value in free agency.
Old 01-15-2019, 08:39 AM

Thanked 1,180 Times in 356 Posts

Quote:
Unless there's some league-wide boycott of him I'm unaware of, some team is going to sign him. His size and length make him a great fit for the power end position in the defensive scheme the Colts are running, and 2019 will be his age 26 season. Given the points you mentioned, I don't think he's a good human being, but as a football player, I'd rather his talents be helping the Colts than, say, the Cheaters. I'd also rather win championships than have the highest character locker room, and Clark (as well as Ford) brings something the Colts sorely lacked in 2018, effectiveness as a pass rusher. Signing both of those players would allow Ballard to purely focus on BPA in the draft and otherwise try to find value in free agency.
A. No way SEA lets Clark walk.

B. If they do, I would rather see the Colts have a 5 sack difference between Clark and whoever they add in lieu of Clark than ever pay that piece of shit.
Old 01-15-2019, 10:45 AM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

Quote:
Everyone has to draw their own line somewhere. For me, Clark is on the other side of the line. I wouldn't be able to enjoy a good play by him because it would always be at the back of my mind that he is the type of person that suckerpunches teammates in practice and drunkenly beats up women. That isn't enjoyable to me. I don't need choir boys, but there's a line and that's just how I choose to approach my enjoyment of the game.