ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-09-2018, 05:11 PM

Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,752 Posts
Default quick thoughts on the bengals

1) there will be many more thoughts to come this week. i was a bit excited to watch luck back and didn't really get into the details.

2) this is what coaching looks like. this is the exact offense luck needs to run. smart and quick passes. using the rbs in the pass game as an extention of the run game. very efficient with a high completion percentage. putting the team in 3rd and manageable positions.

3) holy fuck did we see a slant pass? multiple slant passes? holy shit we have a real coach. night and day different than what the shit we saw with pagano and company. pagano was by far the worst coach that has ever coached the colts. fuck dam and anyone that argues otherwise. you could just see it today. oh wait we didn't just kneel on the ball at half? we got points? shocking that we can do that

4) this defense is trash. everyone needs to realize this. no matter what pff says (shrek) sheard sucks. he isn't good. al woods is our best dlineman and he is just ok. i find it hilarious people wanted him cut during preseason. probably morons that read pff. pff is so fucking wrong so fucking much and people just ignore that. this defense has no talent.

5) desir is better than wilson. especially wilson with a club. fix this

6) nelson is a guard. his impact is very minimal. he is also a lg. which makes his impact even more minimal. good player. bad value at 6 overall. i watched him and kelly a lot and they struggled early and settled down from what i gathered with a first watch. will follow up with more detail.

7) webb and haeg held their own to a degree. they werent great but no team can look good with 2 ot's down. this is about as good as you can expect. i credit them for the effort. no matter how bad they sucked.

8) moore sucks but the dude isn't scared to stick his face in there. i like his toughness. that said, how the fuck did he not score a td on that pick? what the fuck was he doing?

9) i was very surprised to see grant play such a huge role. the dude is a terrible #2 but he played the role today. for the most part. that back shoulder throw should have never happened

10) i liked the rookie rbs. not game breakers but contributors. i will take that.

11) turay has some good get off but we have no rush. this will only look worse.

12) the defense had some stupid penalties. some ridiculous penalties that the refs called but that happens. main point is ballard put together a shit defense.

13) that said it is fun to watch the young guys fly around. i thought leonard was picked too early and i still think he was but he looks to be awesome. looks to be a great pick. smith not so much. lewis looks like a shit pick. turay has a good get off but didn't do much

14) would have liked to have seen more crossing routes to hilton but that is nit picking.

15) the arrow is up with this coaching staff. not sure defensively but this offense is in good hands. the 2 minute drill before half was great. we actually looked like an nfl team.

16) there will be more to come. i want to watch the game a few more times and will be adding comments here
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
bertjones (09-09-2018), Chaka (09-09-2018), Dewey 5 (09-09-2018), Flexo (09-09-2018), Racehorse (09-09-2018), southside asshole (09-10-2018), Voosh (09-09-2018), YDFL Commish (09-09-2018)
Old 09-09-2018, 05:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
we actually looked like an nfl team.
That's the biggest takeaway from me. Last year was so depressing it's nice to see coaching that has a clue. The defense is extremely shit like you said but hopefully we all knew that. When you take a look again I'm curious to know your take on the safeties. Felt like they were invisible and Hooker didn't do anything. But it's hard to tell. Thanks for the write up.
Old 09-09-2018, 05:22 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,402 Posts

Surprised you didn’t give Hunt some props
Colt Classic (09-09-2018), Racehorse (09-09-2018), sherck (09-10-2018)
Old 09-09-2018, 05:25 PM

Thanked 2,240 Times in 1,204 Posts

Anybody know why Smith was playing LT? I only saw him there for one play, but Dunlap handled him
Old 09-09-2018, 05:32 PM
Post whore

Though the first half wasn't perfect, I felt good about how we played, the second half was a totally different team. Whether it was the play calling, or just the Bengals stepped up, and we didn't, I am so sick of these poorly played second halves.

Luck looked good though, and will continue to get better as the season goes, but again he took way to many hits.
Old 09-09-2018, 05:34 PM

Thanked 1,896 Times in 923 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana V2 View Post
Though the first half wasn't perfect, I felt good about how we played, the second half was a totally different team. Whether it was the play calling, or just the Bengals stepped up, and we didn't, I am so sick of these poorly played second halves.

Luck looked good though, and will continue to get better as the season goes, but again he took way to many hits.
I’m starting to think Luck has a little RGIII or Trent Green in him. He’s just one of those guys who’s going to take big hits.
Old 09-09-2018, 05:38 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

This team can't have dumb mistakes/dumb penalties. They don't have enough talent to over come giving the other team a break.

The D coordinator needs to accept the truth that this team doesn't have a Freeney who can whip what ever is in front of him. They will need to run some "games" in order to generate a pass rush. It's sucks, but it's true. If they continue to do what they did today, nothing will change. That is the definition of insanity.
Old 09-09-2018, 05:39 PM

I agree about the offense. Loved the short game we played and thought Reich did good overall with no Pagano wtf calls. Looking forward to see the offense develop as the season goes on. The D looked bad. Turay and Hunt had some good moments, but the whole unit needs a lot of work. I thought the offensive pass interference calls were bs, but the defensive penalties toward the end killed us. Luck looked good imo, he and Ebron could make some noise. Looking forward to hear the opinions of you guys that rewatch the games and evaluate the lines, etc.
Old 09-09-2018, 05:40 PM

#8- maybe his wife stabbed him in the leg last night!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to njcoltfan For This Useful Post:
1965southpaw (09-09-2018), Racehorse (09-09-2018), sherck (09-10-2018)
Old 09-09-2018, 05:44 PM

TY Hilton: "At the end of the day we should’ve won ... my drop was key. So blame me. I should’ve made more plays. They couldn’t guard me, but just couldn't get in the groove."

Quincy Wilson wasn't happy with the pass interference call on him late in the 2nd quarter. "Ticky-tacky," he called it. "(Ref) said I grabbed his arm ... I just played his hands."