ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-27-2018, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
Yeah, and it allowed them to focus more scouting resources on players 20-50 on their board.
He may also have figured he might be able to parlay the #6 pick into even more picks down the road. Imagine if he had accepted the offer that the Bills made to the Bucs for the #7 pick (#12 and two second rounders) - the Colts would have turned their #3 pick into a still-relatively high first rounder (#12) and FIVE second rounders. I doubt he could have extracted that much out of a single draft-day trade for the #3 pick. Presumably, Ballard wanted even more.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chaka For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (04-27-2018), VeveJones007 (04-27-2018)
Old 04-27-2018, 11:46 AM

Thanked 1,242 Times in 697 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
I’d be thrilled with that haul from day 2. I could be talked into adding another OG or OT in the 2nd, but I hope like hell they avoid RB and WR on day 2. With the state of this defense those are simply luxury picks you can’t afford right now.
I like Landry, Oliver, Jackson, and Hernandez in the second. I agree that rb or wr can be had in the third.
Old 04-27-2018, 12:36 PM

Thanked 4,396 Times in 2,529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
Every year colts fans want all offense

It is a sickness
I wanted Smith at 6. however, I think our defense played well for three quarters last year, only to tire out because they were on the field so much. Fix our offense and they will be more rested and capable of closing out a game. They key to that is also adding two players on that side today.
Puck (04-27-2018)
Old 04-27-2018, 12:40 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
I wanted Smith at 6. however, I think our defense played well for three quarters last year, only to tire out because they were on the field so much. Fix our offense and they will be more rested and capable of closing out a game. They key to that is also adding two players on that side today.
And they had no pass rush to get off the field on 3rd down. Getting Landry today would be absolutely huge.
Old 04-27-2018, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
He may also have figured he might be able to parlay the #6 pick into even more picks down the road. Imagine if he had accepted the offer that the Bills made to the Bucs for the #7 pick (#12 and two second rounders) - the Colts would have turned their #3 pick into a still-relatively high first rounder (#12) and FIVE second rounders. I doubt he could have extracted that much out of a single draft-day trade for the #3 pick. Presumably, Ballard wanted even more.
This was honestly my expectation from Ballard and one it would be hard for me to argue with given the state of the roster. I was torn between wanting Smith or Edmunds and wanting another trade down.
Old 04-27-2018, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
Just going off of Matt Miller’s rankings, he seen as a 3rd rounder.
Isn't #67 a third rounder?
Old 04-27-2018, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
This was honestly my expectation from Ballard and one it would be hard for me to argue with given the state of the roster. I was torn between wanting Smith or Edmunds and wanting another trade down.
Me, too
Old 04-27-2018, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
Isn't #67 a third rounder?
Oops, I read it as "there at 37" instead of 67. I'm not used to the Colts having this many high draft picks.
Old 04-27-2018, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorgrim View Post
I like Landry, Oliver, Jackson, and Hernandez in the second. I agree that rb or wr can be had in the third.
I think if Guice is there you almost have to take him, and give at least some consideration to R Jones too, but I'd rather see the Colts try to get some WR like PSU's Hamilton in a later round than use a 2nd rounder on someone like Sutton--JMO

think after choosing Nelson at #6 Ballard really needs to get at least one impact defensive player in Round 2--if Landry's gone, maybe a CB or LB

or maybe some team's QB-desperate enough for someone like Rudolph to make a trade offer--but off the top of my head, the only other teams w/ multiple 2nd rounders are Cleveland and Buffalo, and they (presumably) already have their QBs
Old 04-27-2018, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiaColt View Post
I think if Guice is there you almost have to take him, and give at least some consideration to R Jones too, but I'd rather see the Colts try to get some WR like PSU's Hamilton in a later round than use a 2nd rounder on someone like Sutton--JMO

think after choosing Nelson at #6 Ballard really needs to get at least one impact defensive player in Round 2--if Landry's gone, maybe a CB or LB

or maybe some team's QB-desperate enough for someone like Rudolph to make a trade offer--but off the top of my head, the only other teams w/ multiple 2nd rounders are Cleveland and Buffalo, and they (presumably) already have their QBs
FWIW, Matt Miller has the same grade on Guice, Jefferson, Sutton, and Hubbard. He has Jackson, Oliver, and Landry slightly ahead of them. Of course, scheme-fit could make the Colts value them differently.