ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-09-2017, 01:28 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts
Default Vontae released

Reading he was released today.
Old 11-09-2017, 01:29 PM

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/...9-d9e2df3906c9
Old 11-09-2017, 01:45 PM

Thanked 1,195 Times in 527 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
Translated:

I just cut my most experienced and battle tested CB because he rightly questions my terrible coaching decisions; one of which is to healthy scratch my 2nd round pick CB when he needs playing experience to develop. My GM is giving me a WAY lot of rope to hang myself with and I am taking every inch of it.

Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sherck For This Useful Post:
Brylok (11-09-2017), omahacolt (11-09-2017), Racehorse (11-09-2017)
Old 11-09-2017, 01:56 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
Translated:

I just cut my most experienced and battle tested CB because he rightly questions my terrible coaching decisions; one of which is to healthy scratch my 2nd round pick CB when he needs playing experience to develop. My GM is giving me a WAY lot of rope to hang myself with and I am taking every inch of it.

That's not the only thing he's going to be taking every inch of. Especially this Sunday. Pittsburgh will be going in dry.
Racehorse (11-09-2017)
Old 11-09-2017, 02:06 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,611 Times in 937 Posts

He's undergoing season ending surgery, and seeing how he's 30 next year and Ballard seems to be focused on getting younger and building through the draft, this is just an early signal of what we already knew, that Davis was likely to leave as a free agent next year.
Old 11-09-2017, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
Translated:

Retranslated:

This is my tough guy routine.
Old 11-09-2017, 03:44 PM

Now how dumb would a 5th or 6th round pick look? I dared say he looked like he was going half speed and the head clown here thought it was the craziest thing he'd heard all day. Fuck off, dude.
Old 11-09-2017, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
He's undergoing season ending surgery, and seeing how he's 30 next year and Ballard seems to be focused on getting younger and building through the draft, this is just an early signal of what we already knew, that Davis was likely to leave as a free agent next year.
So did they release him out of spite? Why not put the guy on IR? I think we all knew he wasn't going to be back here next year anyway. However, I'm uncomfortable with what has transpired here.

I don't know what Davis did to warrant this treatment, because maybe it is warranted. But this move seems almost malicious in nature, and it makes me question the ethics of everyone involved. The situation with Luck is also illustrative of this in the same way, at least IMO, because you seem to be hearing different stories from different sources.

The only source that I can really see has a history of misleading others, and any vested interest in lying, is the Colts. With all of this medical shit we are hearing, I'm wondering about former players of all talent levels from Bob Sanders to fucking Anthony Gonzales and wondering whether or not this organization is so incredibly incompetent and shitty that careers have ended early and games have essentially been lost.
Old 11-09-2017, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Session View Post
So did they release him out of spite? Why not put the guy on IR? I think we all knew he wasn't going to be back here next year anyway. However, I'm uncomfortable with what has transpired here.

I don't know what Davis did to warrant this treatment, because maybe it is warranted. But this move seems almost malicious in nature, and it makes me question the ethics of everyone involved. The situation with Luck is also illustrative of this in the same way, at least IMO, because you seem to be hearing different stories from different sources.

The only source that I can really see has a history of misleading others, and any vested interest in lying, is the Colts. With all of this medical shit we are hearing, I'm wondering about former players of all talent levels from Bob Sanders to fucking Anthony Gonzales and wondering whether or not this organization is so incredibly incompetent and shitty that careers have ended early and games have essentially been lost.
How would your employer respond if you started going to the press and complaining about them? I think Ballard is trying to bring some stability and accountability - if he sat idly by while Vontae blathered on about not receiving enough "respect" and made veiled threats of leaving at the end of the season or having season-ending surgery, what kind of message does that send to the other players?

And by the way, what's the value of keeping him around if he's going to bad mouth everyone and not play? It was painfully clear he was leaving at the end of the season anyways, so I say cut him loose and send a message to everyone else. Things have been crazy enough without adding infighting to the list of dysfunction here.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chaka For This Useful Post:
Indystu2 (11-09-2017), Racehorse (11-09-2017)
Old 11-09-2017, 04:53 PM

We got rid of VD?

The shit show continues.