ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-09-2019, 07:14 AM

Very encouraged by what I saw and really excited to see where this team goes. I'm out of market but RedZone showed a lot since there were only 5 late games. But Adam....WTF??? Hopefully he gets that shit figured out. My God.
The Following User Says Thank You to dwilli57 For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (09-09-2019)
Old 09-09-2019, 07:23 AM

Thanked 4,373 Times in 2,519 Posts

I’m not a kicker, so I don’t know much about this, but I think I heard the announcers say that they played on a soccer pitch instead of a football pitch and that may have contributed to it a bit. However, don’t kickers get onto the field prior to test out the surface?
Old 09-09-2019, 07:45 AM

One other thing on Brissett :

Looked great in clutch time. The two minute drill to drive for the FG, though it was missed, and then the final drive. Mostly was just handing off there and it started with 8 minutes left, but still, drove the team for the tie score. Did his job as the QB.

No turnovers either. May be one advantage of him over Luck

And the QB sneak is back in play. He picked up that easily. I don't think they would run that with Luck due to his injury history.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrSpaceman For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (09-09-2019), VeveJones007 (09-09-2019)
Old 09-09-2019, 08:02 AM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpaceman View Post

Looked great in clutch time. The two minute drill to drive for the FG, though it was missed, and then the final drive. Mostly was just handing off there and it started with 8 minutes left, but still, drove the team for the tie score. Did his job as the QB.

And the QB sneak is back in play. He picked up that easily. I don't think they would run that with Luck due to his injury history.
I think that as they become more comfortable with it, Brisset is going to be given more flexibility in that read option - and I think he is going to do tremendous damage getting out to the left side with Nelson and AC leading him.

I really think this is going to be a terrifying offense down the road.
Old 09-09-2019, 10:27 AM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
I’m not a kicker, so I don’t know much about this, but I think I heard the announcers say that they played on a soccer pitch instead of a football pitch and that may have contributed to it a bit. However, don’t kickers get onto the field prior to test out the surface?
That field was perfectly fine. Vinatieri just sucked. That shit just happens with kickers. You can only hope that it happens once in a blue moon.
The Following User Says Thank You to VeveJones007 For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (09-09-2019)
Old 09-09-2019, 10:40 AM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:

Brissett played really fucking well yesterday. Reich definitely put him in good position to succeed like we thought he would, but there were quick decisions, pace on the ball, accuracy, presence of mind to get the ball out quickly when there was a rush coming.

Hopefully he can keep it up and show it even when the running game is struggling.
Old 09-09-2019, 01:13 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
I think that as they become more comfortable with it, Brisset is going to be given more flexibility in that read option - and I think he is going to do tremendous damage getting out to the left side with Nelson and AC leading him.

I really think this is going to be a terrifying offense down the road.
brissett did well and I am not bagging on him, but I am not sure he will ever be terrifying.
Old 09-09-2019, 01:41 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
brissett did well and I am not bagging on him, but I am not sure he will ever be terrifying.
He may not be but I think this offense may be, given time
Old 09-09-2019, 04:48 PM

Thanked 1,895 Times in 922 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
That field was perfectly fine. Vinatieri just sucked. That shit just happens with kickers. You can only hope that it happens once in a blue moon.
How confident are we that Vinny bounces back from this? As someone else noted, he’s been trending down since the end of last year. In that sample, he’s been awful.

If he was still in his 30’s, I wouldn’t be as concerned. But the dude is 45. There is a decent chance he’s reached the end.
Old 09-09-2019, 05:18 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Fucking Chargers and SD. Through multiple coaches, QBs, Gms, years, they always find a weird way to screw us

Anyone remember Mannings 5 INT game in SD where the team came back and then AV missed a chip shot FG for the win? OR tie maybe, but anyway he missed and we lost. Reminded me of this

Colts just GAVE AWAY the game. Stupid mistakes

AVs misses for one, that is 7 points

The blocked punt gave them 3 points. BLOCK ON STs BEFORE YOU RUN DOWNFIELD! The secondary blocker ran right by the guy who got a hand on it

Justin Houston offsides on a key 3rd down, he was not the one to make the play, then right after that SD runs a screen for a TD

That stupid penalty on the FG to give then a TD. Still not sure about that call. They weren't lined up over the center, I thought that was the rule.

The drop by Ebron. Again a questionable call. he rolled on his back and had the ball before he was out of bounds, don't care what they say.

Frustrating game, but its one I think we all expected to lose

That throw by Brissett to Ebron, that was a god damn bullet and perfect pass. He has a rocket arm.

Marlon Mack with the career game, hope he keeps it up. Helps my fantasy team too.

The D though, just sorely disappointed. Missed tackles. Can't defend the screen pass worth shit. There is a pass rush though.

Its like all the things that we questioned were Ok and all the things we thought would be better or solid, weren't

As far GBB, come on man, this isn't those pussy ass Colts boards. We are adults. Shit gets said, but we are all die hard fans here.
And they didn't even play in SD. Must be the Southern California area in general