ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-08-2019, 09:19 PM

Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,205 Posts

I'm encouraged that, yes...we showed we have a good team. The run defense struggles early, were I believe the normal 1st game rustiness, late it was fatigue, I think Tyquan Lewis could have helped there, and with the lack of inside pass rush.

At some point Reich will have to hand the keys to Brissett.

I like that we played disciplined football.

Why does Matthew Adams play? Just go with a 3 safety look on all but short yardage and goal line.

Definitely disappointed in the ST play. AV cost us this game. Why does he always have his worst games vs SD...in 2 different stadiums no less?

Funchess and Cain make us much better at WR.
Old 09-08-2019, 09:25 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
I'm encouraged that, yes...we showed we have a good team. The run defense struggles early, were I believe the normal 1st game rustiness, late it was fatigue, I think Tyquan Lewis could have helped there, and with the lack of inside pass rush.

At some point Reich will have to hand the keys to Brissett.

I like that we played disciplined football.

Why does Matthew Adams play? Just go with a 3 safety look on all but short yardage and goal line.

Definitely disappointed in the ST play. AV cost us this game. Why does he always have his worst games vs SD...in 2 different stadiums no less?

Funchess and Cain make us much better at WR.
Man I really do think Cain is going to emerge as something that defenses are going to HATE to have to deal with.
Old 09-08-2019, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
We all did. But alas some people are too pussified for this forum. Sherck, where are you?
They probably went to the Colts reddit. That's all happy memes and sunshiners over there.
Old 09-08-2019, 10:12 PM

Fucking Chargers and SD. Through multiple coaches, QBs, Gms, years, they always find a weird way to screw us

Anyone remember Mannings 5 INT game in SD where the team came back and then AV missed a chip shot FG for the win? OR tie maybe, but anyway he missed and we lost. Reminded me of this

Colts just GAVE AWAY the game. Stupid mistakes

AVs misses for one, that is 7 points

The blocked punt gave them 3 points. BLOCK ON STs BEFORE YOU RUN DOWNFIELD! The secondary blocker ran right by the guy who got a hand on it

Justin Houston offsides on a key 3rd down, he was not the one to make the play, then right after that SD runs a screen for a TD

That stupid penalty on the FG to give then a TD. Still not sure about that call. They weren't lined up over the center, I thought that was the rule.

The drop by Ebron. Again a questionable call. he rolled on his back and had the ball before he was out of bounds, don't care what they say.

Frustrating game, but its one I think we all expected to lose

That throw by Brissett to Ebron, that was a god damn bullet and perfect pass. He has a rocket arm.

Marlon Mack with the career game, hope he keeps it up. Helps my fantasy team too.

The D though, just sorely disappointed. Missed tackles. Can't defend the screen pass worth shit. There is a pass rush though.

Its like all the things that we questioned were Ok and all the things we thought would be better or solid, weren't

As far GBB, come on man, this isn't those pussy ass Colts boards. We are adults. Shit gets said, but we are all die hard fans here.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DrSpaceman For This Useful Post:
apballin (09-08-2019), Chaka (09-09-2019), ChoppedWood (09-08-2019), Coltsalr (09-08-2019), njcoltfan (09-09-2019), Oldcolt (09-09-2019), Spike (09-08-2019), TêteDeFer (09-08-2019), YDFL Commish (09-08-2019)
Old 09-08-2019, 10:15 PM

Also for the kicking game, I wonder if this being a new stadium made a difference for AV. Never kicked there before

That last miss though he just completely botched. Didn't hit it clean and it was off to the left.

And that INT by Hooker, one of the best defensive plays for the Colts in years. One handed INT on the run right when it looked like a TD and game over
The Following User Says Thank You to DrSpaceman For This Useful Post:
VeveJones007 (09-09-2019)
Old 09-08-2019, 10:37 PM
Banned

I hope GBB comes back, he was my favorite post game article to read, here or anywhere in professional media. I always lurk this place and refresh after games waiting for him and Omaha to post.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flexo For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (09-09-2019), Racehorse (09-09-2019)
Old 09-08-2019, 10:39 PM
Banned

Also when it went to overtime I knew one hundred percent we would lose the coin toss and never see the ball
The Following User Says Thank You to Flexo For This Useful Post:
omahacolt (09-09-2019)
Old 09-08-2019, 11:11 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,138 Times in 645 Posts

Shitty loss but encouraged by the offensive line and Brissett makes quick decisive throws, D was shaky but love seeing Hooker getting his timing down and Turay looks like he can be a game wrecker
Old 09-09-2019, 02:11 AM

Thanked 1,477 Times in 815 Posts

Oline was good. Run game was good. Brissett was better than I expected. TY had a classic TY move to get his td.

Defense was disappointing. Wth, Adam!?

Oh, and DEON FUCKING CAIN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-09-2019, 07:09 AM

Thanked 4,288 Times in 1,754 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexo View Post
Also when it went to overtime I knew one hundred percent we would lose the coin toss and never see the ball
Yep. I had the same thought
The Following User Says Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (09-09-2019)