ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 12-06-2022, 03:17 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,248 Times in 1,999 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CletusPyle View Post

Lots of empty seats back in the early 90s, I know I was there. They actually had some good teams in the mid 90s and then when Peyton came into town pretty much a sell out. The Dome only held 57,000 and when they were crap it it was never full. Of course for the first 5 years people came because it was new and exciting, didn't matter how good they were, we had an NFL team!

Right now there is enough optimism for the future that most people (including scalpers) are not giving up their season tickets. But they are selling them to the opposing fan base at an alarming rate, and that will only get worse if they don't get this shit show back on track!

I'm just saying that with cities like San Diego, San Antonio, Portland, Austin, and even Columbus OH if this team is in the cellar of the AFC South for the next 5 years ....... they might be in trouble! The NFL also wants some teams in Europe at some point....you can only have so many franchises or the talent gets too thin !!!

o

I don't see any chance at all that the Colts would leave Indianapolis in the foreseen future for 3 reasons ......

A) ) Jim Irsay and his family ...... the last thing in the world that Big Jim and his family would want would be to give all of those narcissistic whiners who endlessly claim that the Colts were "stolen" from Baltimore any more ammunition for their complaints, and for the l "You see ??? You See ??? The Irsays did it again" l talk to complement their already nauseating demands about giving the Colts' name and franchise records back to the city of Baltimore.

B) ) Peyton Manning ...... as long as that living legend is still alive and breathing, the Colts wouldn't dare jeopardize the eternal, legendary legacy that he left behind with a move out of Indianapolis. Manning didn't just save the Colts from leaving Indianapolis in the first place, he firmly entrenched them as a mainstay and a staple in Indianapolis in the second place.

C) ) Eminent domain ...... I'm pretty sure that the city of Indianapolis would not be as head-strong and short-sighted as the city of Baltimore was in early 1984, when they essentially forced Robert Irsay's hand by threatening to literally take his team away from him within 24 hours ...... there is a good reason why Irsay snuck of town overnight in the Mayflower trucks.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (12-06-2022), TheMugwump (12-08-2022)
Old 12-06-2022, 03:21 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

WTF is everyone talking about. I'm 70 years old, been a Colts fan since I was 11. Been runs of many years when this franchise put up crap for a team. Only thing that mattered was that I was less emotionally invested, have to be an idiot not to. Teams run through cycles, the fans will support the team, they have in the past. This team is going nowhere, at least anytime soon.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
apballin (12-06-2022), Chromeburn (12-07-2022), Colts And Orioles (12-06-2022), Mr. Session (12-06-2022), Racehorse (12-06-2022), TheMugwump (12-08-2022)
Old 12-06-2022, 03:26 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,248 Times in 1,999 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post

WTF is everyone talking about ??? I'm 70 years-old, and I've been a Colts fan since I was 11. There have been runs of many years when this franchise put up crap for a team. the only thing that mattered was that I was less emotionally invested, and I'd have to be an idiot not to. Teams run through cycles, the fans will support the team, they have in the past. This team is going nowhere, at least anytime soon.

o

Fans tend to be reactionary/hyperbolic when things are going badly for the team on the field ...... and this is no exception.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (12-06-2022)
Old 12-06-2022, 03:40 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CletusPyle View Post
Lots of empty seats back in the early 90s, I know I was there. They actually had some good teams in the mid 90s and then when Peyton came into town pretty much a sell out. The Dome only held 57,000 and when they were crap it it was never full. Of course for the first 5 years people came because it was new and exciting, didn't matter how good they were, we had an NFL team!

Right now there is enough optimism for the future that most people (including scalpers) are not giving up their season tickets. But they are selling them to the opposing fan base at an alarming rate, and that will only get worse if they don't get this shit show back on track!

I'm just saying that with cities like San Diego, San Antonio, Portland, Austin, and even Columbus OH if this team is in the cellar of the AFC South for the next 5 years....they might be in trouble! The NFL also wants some teams in Europe at some point....you can only have so many franchises or the talent gets too thin!
Neither San Diego or Portland have a stadium or property to build a stadium. Those tree hugging Oregonians arent going to pony up for football, they cant even get a stadium for their soccer team.

San Diego got fucked by the NFL. The Padres without being asked volunteered the use of Petco Park, to do whatever to help keep the Chargers and make it so it was profitable. The only way SD gets a team, is if the chargers are sold to a new owner and they bail out of LA.

Columbus? They already have a pro team.

RIMSHOT!

Last edited by JAFF; 12-06-2022 at 03:43 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
PowayColt (12-06-2022)
Old 12-06-2022, 03:51 PM

Thanked 2,617 Times in 1,543 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
WTF is everyone talking about. I'm 70 years old, been a Colts fan since I was 11. Been runs of many years when this franchise put up crap for a team. Only thing that mattered was that I was less emotionally invested, have to be an idiot not to. Teams run through cycles, the fans will support the team, they have in the past. This team is going nowhere, at least anytime soon.
Nobody is saying they are leaving, only that the direction of the team has us worried...and when you consider the number of cities that want a franchise, are larger markets, and the way they have been moving teams lately (San Diego to Los Angeles, Oakland to Las Vegas, St Louis to LA) there is reason for concern if the right changes aren't made soon!

That Pittsburgh game made us look terrible...43% Steeler fans, and the Colts were coming off a win and had just taken the best team in the league down to the wire, and probably should have won the game! How much worse will it be we are regularly stinking the joint up like we did in Dallas? I think they will get it straightened out, I am just not sure major changes in the organization won't have to be made to get it done. Hopefully I feel a lot better when they settle on a new coach and get a new QB next season!
Old 12-06-2022, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
Neither San Diego or Portland have a stadium or property to build a stadium. Those tree hugging Oregonians arent going to pony up for football, they cant even get a stadium for their soccer team.

San Diego got fucked by the NFL. The Padres without being asked volunteered the use of Petco Park, to do whatever to help keep the Chargers and make it so it was profitable. The only way SD gets a team, is if the chargers are sold to a new owner and they bail out of LA.

Columbus? They already have a pro team.

RIMSHOT!
Excellent!

I am going to chill out, I am usually a very positive person, just don't like the direction of this team right now, not sure how long it will take to build it back?
Old 12-06-2022, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

You certainly insinuated it.

o
I don't think that is likely, I think we turn things around in couple of years. I was just stating the facts, we are a small market, there are larger markets that want teams, and when 43% of your stadium is filled with the opponent's fans, it is worrisome!
Old 12-06-2022, 05:03 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowayColt View Post
You can rule out San Diego. Qualcomm Stadium where the Chargers played has been torn down. The new stadium where San Diego State plays only seats 35K and is a basic no frills venue. After 42 seasons as an SDSU season ticket holder I'm non-renewing next year. It is not close to being an NFL caliber venue. Petco Park, where the Padres play, is not an option and there are no other stadiums in San Diego County.
I live in Indiana, and a Padre fan since forever. I love Petco, and you are right, it wouldnt be a great place for football. It would at least still be in SD.

FYI, I’ve gone to St Louis twice to see the Padres, great ball park. Not as good as Petco.
Old 12-06-2022, 05:49 PM

I understand the sentiment from Cletus because I think about it the same from $.

The Colt brand is awesome. It’s fucking awesome and it will be awesome wherever it goes. We’ve got the cleanest uniforms in the fucking league and everyone has been trying to copy our all white look for years now.

I just wonder if Jim’s daughters are about it like him. How many more years will Jim be cognizant?( I’m not trying to be shitty, I love him- just saying).

My brain is with OldColt, just chill the fuck out. My heart is a little concerned.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Session For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (12-06-2022), Racehorse (12-06-2022)
Old 12-06-2022, 05:51 PM

I hope they figure it out.

I might have 10-15 left with my folks and I’d like to share that with them one more time.

Thankful we got it in 06 though. So it is what it is.