ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-17-2022, 04:55 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

Actually, I think that the opposite is true ...... just getting another team to take Wentz off of our hands when he still had a year left on his contract with us was a Houdini act by Ballard.

If Wentz were able to play the required amount of games which would have maximized the value of that trade, it would have simply been icing on the cake ...... but we still got the cake overall (with or without the icing.)

o
I agree with this. The place where we got screwed was in trading for the guy in the first place. I was looking at it as a whole. I agree that even if we only gotten a 6th rounder it would have be a win for us at that point.
Old 11-17-2022, 06:00 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

If the Colts manage to play (at least) respectable football for the rest of this season, they may not have a new GM next year.

o
I don't think there's much of a chance that Ballard will stay. He's been completely undermined and looks like a fool. They'll come to some sort of contract buyout arrangement and he will leave. I doubt he has any problem finding a new job. The Colts however will be... interesting.
Old 11-17-2022, 06:40 PM

Thanked 2,591 Times in 1,154 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
So they essentially spent a third round pick for the privelege of discovering that Wentz isn’t as good as a player they already had.

Neat.

Washington traded more than just a 2023 conditional draft pick.

They also traded a third round pick in the 2022 draft (Colts selected Jelani Woods) as well as swapped 2022 second round picks with the Colts so that Indy could move up a few spots in the draft order.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AlwaysSunnyinIndy For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (11-17-2022), Hoopsdoc (11-17-2022), Lov2fish (11-17-2022), Pez (11-17-2022), Spike (11-17-2022), YDFL Commish (11-17-2022)
Old 11-17-2022, 06:53 PM
Accidental Administrator

I hate the fact that we suddenly have these types of connections with Washington.

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
Old 11-17-2022, 06:55 PM

Thanked 2,617 Times in 1,543 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
I don't think there's much of a chance that Ballard will stay. He's been completely undermined and looks like a fool. They'll come to some sort of contract buyout arrangement and he will leave. I doubt he has any problem finding a new job. The Colts however will be... interesting.
Which makes you wonder, if what someone else on this board suggested (sorry I forgot who and I am too lazy to look it up), that Saturday is really auditioning for the GM job and the Colts will have a real coaching search at the end of the season.
Old 11-17-2022, 07:29 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
If Ballard had felt undermined, he would have resigned. Ballard has done a fine job adding talent to the team. They didnt tank when Luck retired, which makes it hard to find a rookie Qb. No one complained when they took Nelson with the 5th pick.

The problem isnt finding talent, its getting it to produce. Thats on the coaching staff. Saturday may be out at the end of the year. This group could go back to their lazy ways. Last week, they played close to their potential.
Old 11-17-2022, 08:26 PM
"Still at Work"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CletusPyle View Post
Which makes you wonder, if what someone else on this board suggested (sorry I forgot who and I am too lazy to look it up), that Saturday is really auditioning for the GM job and the Colts will have a real coaching search at the end of the season.
There's no telling what Diamond Jim will do. He said his role model is Al Davis. Yikes
CletusPyle (11-17-2022)
Old 11-17-2022, 08:32 PM
"Still at Work"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
If Ballard had felt undermined, he would have resigned.
Would you resign (and not get paid) if you still had 3-4 years left on your contract? No way. He has pride and an ego though, and he'll get another job quickly if he wants. I agree with everything else you said. I'd like him to stay, but I doubt he will. Gonna be interesting
Racehorse (11-18-2022)
Old 11-17-2022, 09:23 PM

If Ballard leaves we still have Dodds and Brown. I think either one of them could step in and do a fine job, who knows, maybe better.
AlwaysSunnyinIndy (11-20-2022)
Old 11-18-2022, 12:34 PM
"Still at Work"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
If Ballard leaves we still have Dodds and Brown. I think either one of them could step in and do a fine job, who knows, maybe better.
I'd prefer Dodds but I think some other team will snatch him up and he'll leave, too. All I know about Brown is that he came from the Bears who have largely stunk for 35 years. No opinion on him.