ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Everything Else > General Topics
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-13-2022, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
There are those of us who changed parties, because we couldnt stomach the bs from the trumpites
You stopped feeding the coyote to feed the wolf.
Old 11-13-2022, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
states have different election laws. how do you not get that? some states don't count mail in until day of. some give it a 7 day grace period before they finish the tally. its the fucking law. that is why it is the same states.

no gerrymandering in florida? you are joking right? look into it
I get how it works. My wife worked in a job that was appointed for over 20 years. I saw the bullshit at work every time a different party took over her office. It was despicable the shit that goes on.

The states can change their election process to something more simplified like, ya know, the rest of the country. It will make all the bs go away.

Other than homebound folks and military mail in balloting should be stopped. I have zero problem with ID to vote to verify you are who you are. You can't buy or do anything without proper ID so the whole it's racist and detrimental to poor people is astoundingly fucking stupid.

Both parties cheat, that is a fact, but not to the tune they accuse each other of doing so.
Old 11-13-2022, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
When states with 3 times the population can tabulate everything and be in bed by 10:30 contribute to this rallying cry, legitimate or not. For fucks sake, votes were counted faster in 1875
This is what most people get wrong. Just about all states, including Florida, were still counting votes as of Saturday. It's just that Florida and some other states weren't close and could be called early.

When the races are so close, then they can't call it early and you have to wait for most votes to be counted. You know, the same thing that's been going on for 50 years.

Some states have different rules that also makes things take longer. There's is not any fraud going on-regardless of how many times Trump might say it.

Before Trump ignited his base, elections were a non-issue. Now it's a fake issue but there are a lot of ignorant people.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DragonTails For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (11-14-2022), JAFF (11-14-2022), omahacolt (11-14-2022), rcubed (11-14-2022)
Old 11-14-2022, 11:58 AM

Thanked 4,284 Times in 1,751 Posts

Quote:
I get how it works. My wife worked in a job that was appointed for over 20 years. I saw the bullshit at work every time a different party took over her office. It was despicable the shit that goes on.

The states can change their election process to something more simplified like, ya know, the rest of the country. It will make all the bs go away.

Other than homebound folks and military mail in balloting should be stopped. I have zero problem with ID to vote to verify you are who you are. You can't buy or do anything without proper ID so the whole it's racist and detrimental to poor people is astoundingly fucking stupid.

Both parties cheat, that is a fact, but not to the tune they accuse each other of doing so.
voting should be easy. mail in voting is fine. nobody cared about mail in voting until trump started bitching about it because republicans whole goal is to suppress the vote.

are you saying you want to federally change how states run their elections? aren't you for small government and states rights. why does it mattter how long it takes to count the votes? there is zero evidence of mass voter fraud. zero. its a boogeyman republicans use when they lose.

there is no voting holiday. people don't have time to vote a lot of the time. especially in cities controlled by republicans.

but still the main question is where do republicans go from here. cause i would love to see a party that i could possibly vote for that weren't fucking democrats.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (11-14-2022), JAFF (11-14-2022)
Old 11-14-2022, 12:04 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
You stopped feeding the coyote to feed the wolf.
No, I refused to support a ego maniac who has the attention span of a toddler and blame everyone else for his short comings. He has NO loyalty to anyone, yet demands total loyalty from others. He is a bully and a con man.

You give loyalty to someone who has loyalty only to himself.
Old 11-14-2022, 12:11 PM
Post whore

Quote:

Poor people may not own a car or own a house, so not everyone has easy access to polling places or have an ID. My sister, a republican, when she realized many of the residence at a nursing home lacked ID to vote, got together a group to get those people to the County court house and register them to vote and get an ID card.

You have a car, credit cards, and other means of ID. There are groups who lack those resources.
Old 11-14-2022, 12:19 PM
Post whore

Quote:
voting should be easy. mail in voting is fine. nobody cared about mail in voting until trump started bitching about it because republicans whole goal is to suppress the vote.

are you saying you want to federally change how states run their elections? aren't you for small government and states rights. why does it mattter how long it takes to count the votes? there is zero evidence of mass voter fraud. zero. its a boogeyman republicans use when they lose.

there is no voting holiday. people don't have time to vote a lot of the time. especially in cities controlled by republicans.

but still the main question is where do republicans go from here. cause i would love to see a party that i could possibly vote for that weren't fucking democrats.
Every HS student who reaches 18, should get an ID card. Their records are already on file, they did this in the past with the draft

Last edited by JAFF; 11-14-2022 at 01:22 PM.
Old 11-14-2022, 02:10 PM

Thanked 4,284 Times in 1,751 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
Every HS student who reaches 18, should get an ID card. Their records are already on file, they did this in the past with the draft
"valid"

if the kid moves and the address doesn't match, its no longer valid
Old 11-14-2022, 03:07 PM
Post whore

Quote:
"valid"

if the kid moves and the address doesn't match, its no longer valid
Thats true for everyone. But its easier to get an updated ID, than an original. You can go to any BMV and get an ID, just show residency.

You could have the seniors apply for a US passport. Waive the fee for graduates. Granted there will be gaps, nothing is perfect. The majority of new voters are going to be in school around the time they are 18. I know there are states that have mobile systems to get older people who are house bound or in nursing homes on the voter roles and getting them mail-in ballots.

Creating a pro active system of registration benefits everyone
Old 11-14-2022, 05:16 PM

Thanked 4,374 Times in 2,519 Posts

Quote:
i would love to see a party that i could possibly vote for that weren't fucking democrats.
Libertarians could win if people would abandon the idea that only the Ds and the Rs matter. Most people could get behind 80% of their ideas.
JAFF (11-14-2022), Lov2fish (11-14-2022)