ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Everything Else > General Topics

Old 11-13-2022, 10:53 AM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts
Default Hey republicans

you guys really took a hit in the elections this week. do you guys think there are lessons to be learned there and what direction do you think the party needs to turn to get back on track?

serious questions as this isn't meant to rub salt in or anything. just curious how you guys would like this to go moving forward
Old 11-13-2022, 01:17 PM

I think those who hitched their wagon to Trump for endorsements got what I expected. I guarantee their were republicans who casted protest votes for Trump endorsed candidates.

Desantis distanced himself from Trump and won lopsidedly in Florida and drug some candidates along that were probably unelectable if running on their own.

If I was the head of the RNC I would be doing some in-depth soul searching and trying to duplicate whatever Florida did before 2024.

Biden had a historical low approval rating, yet people still showed up in large numbers to vote for democrats. That should be very alarming for the GOP. They won't heed the writing on the wall and will continue down the path of McConnel, McCarthy and the rest like them. Just my humble opinion.
Racehorse (11-13-2022), Spike (11-13-2022)
Old 11-13-2022, 01:20 PM

Thanked 4,361 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
I think those who hitched their wagon to Trump for endorsements got what I expected. I guarantee their were republicans who casted protest votes for Trump endorsed candidates.

Desantis distanced himself from Trump and won lopsidedly in Florida and drug some candidates along that were probably unelectable if running on their own.

If I was the head of the RNC I would be doing some in-depth soul searching and trying to duplicate whatever Florida did before 2024.

Biden had a historical low approval rating, yet people still showed up in large numbers to vote for democrats. That should be very alarming for the GOP. They won't heed the writing on the wall and will continue down the path of McConnel, McCarthy and the rest like them. Just my humble opinion.
I agree. The best thing is to distance the party from Trump.
Lov2fish (11-13-2022), Spike (11-13-2022)
Old 11-13-2022, 01:29 PM

To add to my post. Six million more republicans voted than democrats, 6 mil, not 6, not 6K, but 6 million. For the republicans who do not think there is still Trump backlash that number should seal the deal. It won't though, they'll just scream cheating, and to be fair, Nevada, Arizona and a couple others are doing nothing to squash that narrative. When states with 3 times the population can tabulate everything and be in bed by 10:30 contribute to this rallying cry, legitimate or not. For fucks sake, votes were counted faster in 1875
Old 11-13-2022, 04:12 PM

Quote:
To add to my post. Six million more republicans voted than democrats, 6 mil, not 6, not 6K, but 6 million. For the republicans who do not think there is still Trump backlash that number should seal the deal. It won't though, they'll just scream cheating, and to be fair, Nevada, Arizona and a couple others are doing nothing to squash that narrative. When states with 3 times the population can tabulate everything and be in bed by 10:30 contribute to this rallying cry, legitimate or not. For fucks sake, votes were counted faster in 1875
its in their laws in how they count votes. it isn't some big fucking secret. no idea why people cry about vote counting every time
Old 11-13-2022, 04:20 PM

Quote:

well florida let desantis personally gerrymander the fuck out of florida. so that makes sense to some degree. although florida has been moving more red.

the messaging from the republicans has been horrible imo. just basically running on FJB. i don't know what republicans stand for. but young people don't like the christian nationalist bs, the anti-abortion, anti trans, and anti- gay marriage is a losing stance. the repealing social security and cutting medicare is a huge no win. banning everything they don't like is a loss for young votes.

they need to do something. i imagine it will only get worse with all the boomers dying out and gen z starting to vote more.

republicans need policy and not just obstruction.
Old 11-13-2022, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
well florida let desantis personally gerrymander the fuck out of florida. so that makes sense to some degree. although florida has been moving more red.

the messaging from the republicans has been horrible imo. just basically running on FJB. i don't know what republicans stand for. but young people don't like the christian nationalist bs, the anti-abortion, anti trans, and anti- gay marriage is a losing stance. the repealing social security and cutting medicare is a huge no win. banning everything they don't like is a loss for young votes.

they need to do something. i imagine it will only get worse with all the boomers dying out and gen z starting to vote more.

republicans need policy and not just obstruction.
Wasn't any fucking gerrymandering going on. For fucks sake it is the same amount of voters for each party. That didn't change. Stop with the retarded bullshit. He fucking won Dade county and flipped a shit load of black and Hispanic voters. That has to do with policy, not your fucking gerrymandering. Holy hell, not one democrat won a state office. Gerrymandering? Get the fuck out of here.

I didn't say they were cheating, but when the same states do the same fucking shit every single time and all the other states are done in a few hours it lends credence to the questioning. Stop doing fucking dumb shit and the questioning will stop
Old 11-13-2022, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Wasn't any fucking gerrymandering going on. For fucks sake it is the same amount of voters for each party. That didn't change. Stop with the retarded bullshit. He fucking won Dade county and flipped a shit load of black and Hispanic voters. That has to do with policy, not your fucking gerrymandering. Holy hell, not one democrat won a state office. Gerrymandering? Get the fuck out of here.

I didn't say they were cheating, but when the same states do the same fucking shit every single time and all the other states are done in a few hours it lends credence to the questioning. Stop doing fucking dumb shit and the questioning will stop
states have different election laws. how do you not get that? some states don't count mail in until day of. some give it a 7 day grace period before they finish the tally. its the fucking law. that is why it is the same states.

no gerrymandering in florida? you are joking right? look into it
Old 11-13-2022, 09:52 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

There are those of us who changed parties, because we couldnt stomach the bs from the trumpites
Old 11-13-2022, 09:53 PM

Thanked 4,361 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
There are those of us who changed parties, because we couldnt stomach the bs from the trumpites
I couldn't stomach them or the democrats.