ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 10-24-2022, 05:30 PM

Thanked 4,361 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CletusPyle View Post
Yep, Ballard and Reich are trying to save their jobs, no way they replace Ryan until they are officially out of the playoff picture...I will still root for the Colts the rest of the way, but I am quickly losing interest in this season.
This did not age well, lol.
I did think you were right, though.
CletusPyle (11-15-2022)
Old 11-14-2022, 09:42 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,247 Times in 1,998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

Last week, we finally got to see what Ryan could do when he got some good blocking from the offensive line ...... he had his best game of the season.

This week, Ryan is washed up after playing his worst game of the season ...... acquiring him in the first place was a mistake.

Next week ......

o
o

Ryan again got some solid blocking against the Raiders yesterday afternoon ...... it was only the 2nd time all season that he has had that luxury.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Hoopsdoc (11-14-2022)
Old 11-14-2022, 09:51 PM

Thanked 1,889 Times in 921 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

Ryan again got some solid blocking against the Raiders yesterday afternoon ...... it was only the 2nd time all season that he has had that luxury.

o
Ryan was never the problem.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (11-14-2022), Lov2fish (11-14-2022), Spike (11-14-2022)
Old 11-15-2022, 02:14 AM

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,167 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
Ryan was never the problem.
Not the main problem, but he was a part of it. I expected better from a vet of the quality he has been over the years, regardless of the O lines struggles.
Old 11-15-2022, 10:51 AM

Thanked 2,617 Times in 1,543 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
This did not age well, lol.
I did think you were right, though.
Yeah, that guy doesn't know what he talking about!
Old 11-15-2022, 12:32 PM

Thanked 1,889 Times in 921 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
Not the main problem, but he was a part of it. I expected better from a vet of the quality he has been over the years, regardless of the O lines struggles.
Really the only area he could have done better in considering the circumstances was holding on to the football but I’m not going to blame him to much for that. If he had had even passable protection, it wouldn’t have been an issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (11-15-2022)
Old 11-15-2022, 12:48 PM
Historian

Quote:

Really, the only area he could have done better in considering the circumstances was holding on to the football ...... but I’m not going to blame him to much for that, because if he had had even passable protection, it wouldn’t have been an issue.

o

Agreed. When the opposing team's defensive front is living in your backfield on almost every play, there isn't much that any quarterback can do with his veteran experience ...... fumbling the ball, throwing an INT, taking a sack, and getting called for intentional grounding are among the lovely options that he has at that point.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 11-15-2022, 01:02 PM

Thanked 1,571 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Really the only area he could have done better in considering the circumstances was holding on to the football but I’m not going to blame him to much for that. If he had had even passable protection, it wouldn’t have been an issue.
That's true, he has gotten completely swarmed at times this season... but his turnovers are inexcusable. He's had this issue of turning a bad play into the worst case scenario. Even saw it last week vs. LV with that huge sack.

At the same time, he leads the league (despite missing two games) in 4th quarter comebacks with 5 (4 wins and a tie). If he had half the turnovers, we'd be talking about how great is and we'd probably have at least 2 more wins.
Old 11-15-2022, 01:44 PM
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post

That's true, he has gotten completely swarmed at times this season ....... but his turnovers are inexcusable. He's had this issue of turning a bad play into the worst case scenario. Even saw it last week vs. LV with that huge sack.

At the same time, he leads the league (despite missing two games) in 4th quarter comebacks with 5 (4 wins and a tie). If he had half the turnovers, we'd be talking about how great is and we'd probably have at least 2 more wins.

o

I think that the opposite is true ...... I think that it is a minor miracle that Ryan has led the Colts to 5 non-losses (4 wins and a tie) when he has had decent blocking from the offensive line for only 2 games overall. Inexcusable turnovers are something that we saw last year, with Carson Wentz. Wentz had one of the best offensive lines in the NFL last year, and lHEl often made bad situations worse. The same cannot be said of Ryan ...... Ryan has had the worst offensive line in the NFL blocking for him this season, and because of that, I would say that most of his turnovers were, at least somewhat, excusable.

So, I don't think that the equation is that the Colts would be 7-3 if Ryan had had less turnovers ...... I think the equation is that the Colts would be 7-3 if they had had even average blocking all season long, instead of the atrocious blocking which they have gotten for 8 out of the 10 games which they have played so far.

o

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Hoopsdoc (11-15-2022), JAFF (11-15-2022)
Old 11-22-2022, 06:35 AM
Historian

o

With the offensive line that he has had blocking for him this season, it's amazing that Ryan has managed to somehow go 4-4-1 in the 9 games in which he has played up until now ...... an average quarterback would probably be about 2-7 with the blocking that Ryan has had so far this season.

That said, Ryan and company really should have put the Eagles away on Sunday when they had a 1st-and-goal at the Eagles' 5-yardline with less than 5 minutes to play in the game ...... a touchdown at that point would have pretty much sealed the game.

o