ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-24-2022, 01:09 AM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
Still born. Right after he and several O Linemen got sick with covid.
You could have just posted a link for C&O without the wall-o-text. That felt like one of those infinite scroll things. C'mon man.
Spike (11-24-2022)
Old 11-24-2022, 08:08 AM
Administrator

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,038 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
You could have just posted a link for C&O without the wall-o-text. That felt like one of those infinite scroll things. C'mon man.
I don't subscribe to Indy Star, I like it when Jaff posts the articles...
Colts And Orioles (11-24-2022), JAFF (11-24-2022), Racehorse (11-24-2022)
Old 11-24-2022, 09:48 AM

Thanked 4,374 Times in 2,519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty46953 View Post
I don't subscribe to Indy Star, I like it when Jaff posts the articles...
I agree. It is the one positive he brings to the forum.
Old 11-24-2022, 10:43 AM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
Happy Thanksgiving.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (12-28-2022), smitty46953 (11-24-2022)
Old 12-06-2022, 02:43 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,268 Times in 2,016 Posts

o

The Colts' offensive line was one of the best in the NFL for 2 consecutive years in 2020 and 2021, and one of the worst in the NFL in 2022 ...... it will be interesting to see if they can reclaim their previous elite status in 2023, or if they will continue to be quarterback-killing bottom-feeders, or if they will be somewhere in between.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck

Last edited by Colts And Orioles; 12-06-2022 at 03:42 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
JAFF (12-06-2022)
Old 12-28-2022, 08:59 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,268 Times in 2,016 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

(vs. JAGUARS, 10/16)

The offensive line allowed 0 sacks while Matt Ryan threw 58 pass attempts.

Offensive Line Decided to Shut Off the Sack ‘Nozzle’

(By Mike Chappell)

https://fox59.com/sports/colts/offen...e-sack-nozzle/

o
o

(10 WEEKS LATER)

I was excited when the Colts avenged their disastrous loss to the Jaguars earlier in the season ...... I really was.

I thought that perhaps the offensive line had found their niche after a rough start to the season after this game ...... unfortunately, they didn't.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 07-13-2023, 10:51 PM

Thanked 2,591 Times in 1,154 Posts

I know it is that time of year for rah-rah stories, but it does sound like that several of the OL vets "mentally checked out" and stopped paying attention to what Strausser was saying.

Larry Bird always used to say that he thought most coaches had a shelf life of about 3 years before players zone out and stop listening to them. Obviously Bird was talking about a different sport, but there is probably some truth to it.

https://1075thefan.com/93368/quenton...ndard-of-play/

Written by: Kevin Bowen

Quote:
Quenton Nelson Looking To Get Back To His Lofty Standard Of Play

INDIANAPOLIS – By Quenton Nelson’s own admission, he definitely did not reach his normal standard of play last season.

Nelson said as much, after he was selected to the Pro Bowl for the fifth straight season to start his NFL career.

“I’m not super happy with it,” was how Nelson described his individual play late last season.

Per Pro Football Focus, Nelson gave up 30 pressures and 5 sacks last season.

This came after Nelson had inked a 4-year, $80 million extension with the Colts just before the start of the 2022 campaign (that extension kicks in to start the 2023 season).

Nelson now enters his 6th NFL season dealing with several firsts.

It’s the first time he’s playing under a different head coach than Frank Reich.

It’s the first time he’s had a different offensive line coach since his second NFL season.

And it’s the first time he enters a season coming off a year in which he (again, admittedly) underperformed.

This spring though, Nelson sounded pretty upbeat in describing the change in position coaches impacting his own game.

Tony Sparano Jr. is the new OL coach in Indy, walking into a room that performed as a group way below the necessary expectations.

Nelson enjoyed the early impressions of Sparano Jr.’s teaching.

“He’s great,” Nelson said of Sparano Jr. this spring. “You can tell he cares about all the guys in the room. He’s a funny guy too, which is awesome to have in the o-line room – build some camaraderie there. Just the way he’s been coaching has been really good and really good for me. I feel like I’m getting better in phase one, voluntary mini-camp and now phase two. It’s been really good.

“Just the technique that he’s teaching, the detail that he has in teaching it. Then when going over specific coaching points, nothing is like passed over, glossed over. Everything is very detail-oriented and explained really well to where you know exactly what he wants and exactly how to do it.”

To hear Nelson describe some of the changes needed from last season, it certainly has more of an ‘away from the gridiron’ feel to it.

Veteran center Ryan Kelly routinely used the word ‘miscommunication’ to describe the O-line issues from last season.

Nelson also points to more of the non-football technique aspects to playing a specific offensive line position.

“Working every day and hanging out with each other outside the building, building that chemistry and getting to know each other really well, and being close really off the field,” Nelson says when asked what the focus had been for the offensive line in the spring.

“I think that brings closeness on the field. We’ve been working on that this offseason. We’ve been getting really good lifts together, treatment together and, of course, practice together.”

In his 5-year NFL career, Nelson has set an incredibly high standard, a Canton-like one, for his own play.

But the Colts are also paying for him to routinely be at that level.

Will Nelson get back there in 2023?

Last edited by AlwaysSunnyinIndy; 07-14-2023 at 06:27 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AlwaysSunnyinIndy For This Useful Post:
Ironshaft (07-14-2023), Spike (07-14-2023)