ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-13-2022, 08:50 PM

Default My Take

Starters, don't get to worked up. It was the Raiders, who are just as dysfunctional as we are/were.

Saturday done a pretty good job, and the kid called a good game. Both of them are really the rallying point this team needed. Jeff didn't sale these players a bunch of BS, he was 100% straight with them as men. They responded for him

Offensive line was good today. Not great, but damn what a game after watching them matador their way through the season up to this point. Sustainable? Who knows but today was definitely a fresh of breath air.

Matt Ryan: Dude can still play when allowed the time to go through progressions. The sack that costed us field position was inexcusable for a veteran, but I imagine he was feeling a little frisky and trying extra hard. I still draft a QB if one falls to us, or we move up.

Still have to get our Tight ends involved. Completely ignoring them is not going to bold well moving forward. Get Pierce more involved. The kid can play.

Campbell is playing his way to another contract. He is getting better as the season goes on and I am questioning the pick less and less.

Moore flashed some old Moore today, but still would ditch him after the season. Would also still ditch Facyson sooner than later. He is just lost in coverage most plays.

Rogers is a football player. Get that man on the field more.

Pass rush is still mind boggling bad. Paye goes down and what little we had completely disappeared. We need more blitzes in certain situations.

Special teams were not very good today, but they are usually adequate. Hope this is not a trend.

Now onto the Eggles for a beatdown to bring us all back down to earth.

Another positive for me today was getting blocked by Mike Wells on Twitter. That dude is a fucking huge douche! Does not like being called out for bullshit speculation.

Last edited by Lov2fish; 11-13-2022 at 08:55 PM.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Lov2fish For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (11-14-2022), ColtBlue (11-13-2022), Coltsalr (11-14-2022), Hoopsdoc (11-14-2022), njcoltfan (11-13-2022), omahacolt (11-13-2022), Racehorse (11-13-2022), Spike (11-13-2022), ZionsvilleColtsFan (11-13-2022)
Old 11-13-2022, 09:21 PM

Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,752 Posts

ballard is a build the lines guy

the oline sucks and there is still, after many tries, no pass rush.

dayo is terrible and ngakoue is worse than terrible

ballard has failed
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
CanuckColt (11-14-2022), ChoppedWood (11-13-2022), Dewey 5 (11-14-2022), IndyNorm (11-13-2022), Lov2fish (11-13-2022), Spike (11-13-2022), ZionsvilleColtsFan (11-13-2022)
Old 11-13-2022, 09:25 PM

Thanked 1,318 Times in 744 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
Starters, don't get to worked up. It was the Raiders, who are just as dysfunctional as we are/were.

Saturday done a pretty good job, and the kid called a good game. Both of them are really the rallying point this team needed. Jeff didn't sale these players a bunch of BS, he was 100% straight with them as men. They responded for him

Offensive line was good today. Not great, but damn what a game after watching them matador their way through the season up to this point. Sustainable? Who knows but today was definitely a fresh of breath air.

Matt Ryan: Dude can still play when allowed the time to go through progressions. The sack that costed us field position was inexcusable for a veteran, but I imagine he was feeling a little frisky and trying extra hard. I still draft a QB if one falls to us, or we move up.

Still have to get our Tight ends involved. Completely ignoring them is not going to bold well moving forward. Get Pierce more involved. The kid can play.

Campbell is playing his way to another contract. He is getting better as the season goes on and I am questioning the pick less and less.

Moore flashed some old Moore today, but still would ditch him after the season. Would also still ditch Facyson sooner than later. He is just lost in coverage most plays.

Rogers is a football player. Get that man on the field more.

Pass rush is still mind boggling bad. Paye goes down and what little we had completely disappeared. We need more blitzes in certain situations.

Special teams were not very good today, but they are usually adequate. Hope this is not a trend.

Now onto the Eggles for a beatdown to bring us all back down to earth.

Another positive for me today was getting blocked by Mike Wells on Twitter. That dude is a fucking huge douche! Does not like being called out for bullshit speculation.
This made all of the difference in the game. As I said in the game thread: not sure if Saturday lit a fire under their asses or what but easily the best the OL has performed this year except for maybe the 2nd Jagoffs game (which I didn't get to watch). They opened holes for the RBs and for the most part gave Ryan time to step up and throw (only 1 sack allowed). I could hardly believe my eyes when we were running it for first downs on 3rd and shorts and making it easy like back in the good old days of just last year.........
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
Lov2fish (11-13-2022), Racehorse (11-13-2022), Spike (11-13-2022)
Old 11-13-2022, 09:34 PM

Thanked 1,662 Times in 795 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post

ballard has failed
This is pretty much the case. The run D is pretty solid but struggles without Paye. Every other DE is pretty bad. He let Autry go. He let Glowinski go which made no sense.
The Following User Says Thank You to HoosierinFL For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (11-13-2022)
Old 11-13-2022, 09:41 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,624 Times in 943 Posts

Quote:

ballard has failed
Ballard needs someone else to rank his DEs, because he puts WAY too much emphasis on traits. He's really good at identifying IDL talent, and OL talent, he just can't stop himself from falling in love with the traited up DEs with zero production.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
CanuckColt (11-14-2022), IndyNorm (11-13-2022)
Old 11-13-2022, 09:56 PM

Thanked 2,240 Times in 1,204 Posts

Quote:

ballard has failed
Really, he's down Lewis and the Paye goes down, wtf do you expect? How about the play of Raimann?

I kinda think that he did his job.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
Luck4Reich (11-13-2022), Racehorse (11-14-2022)
Old 11-13-2022, 10:25 PM

Thanked 1,618 Times in 777 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
This made all of the difference in the game. As I said in the game thread: not sure if Saturday lit a fire under their asses or what but easily the best the OL has performed this year except for maybe the 2nd Jagoffs game (which I didn't get to watch). They opened holes for the RBs and for the most part gave Ryan time to step up and throw (only 1 sack allowed). I could hardly believe my eyes when we were running it for first downs on 3rd and shorts and making it easy like back in the good old days of just last year.........
Today was better because we ran the ball. Against JAX, 58 throws without a sack was great. And a lot of throws acted as run plays. But even though we only ran it 16 times, we were only getting 2.8ypc.

Today, we had 207yds. Take away Ryan's yards (holy shit, btw) and our RB's ran for 169yds on 29 carries, 6.5ypc. Just for shits and to show the consistency... take away JT's homerun and our RB's still rushed for 103yds on 25 carries, 4.1ypc. Even that is way better than what we were getting.

And I don't even think JT is right yet. The huge grain of salt with everything is... this was against a 2-win Raiders team.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
JAFF (11-14-2022)
Old 11-13-2022, 10:26 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

So this is what the most egregious thing the NFL has ever done looks like. Irsay is a wingnut. I love it. Keep it real Jim, fuck those prognosticators. I'm enjoying this ride you got us on.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (11-14-2022)
Old 11-13-2022, 10:29 PM

Quote:

ballard has failed
If the OL plays this well or better from here on out I think we can chalk their shit show first half of the season up to coaching. Fingers crossed that that's actually the case.

Agree on the DL. Dayo definitely sucks and Ngakoue is a disappointment to say the least. Seems like he does well as the complimentary DE, but he's definitely not good enough to be the main pass rusher.
Old 11-13-2022, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
Today was better because we ran the ball. Against JAX, 58 throws without a sack was great. And a lot of throws acted as run plays. But even though we only ran it 16 times, we were only getting 2.8ypc.

Today, we had 207yds. Take away Ryan's yards (holy shit, btw) and our RB's ran for 169yds on 29 carries, 6.5ypc. Just for shits and to show the consistency... take away JT's homerun and our RB's still rushed for 103yds on 25 carries, 4.1ypc. Even that is way better than what we were getting.

And I don't even think JT is right yet. The huge grain of salt with everything is... this was against a 2-win Raiders team.
Exactly. Where the fuck has this effort from the OL been all year? We'll see if it is, but hopefully it's not just that Vegas' DL is super terrible.

Agree on JT. A couple of times he got stuffed cutting it up inside but if he had kept running outside it would have been a big gain. Also, Ryan's big sack IMO was still him thinking he needs to play hero ball. Hopefully the OL holds up and he can get that mentality out of his head.