ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-15-2022, 04:55 PM
Accidental Administrator

Default Parks

I stole this quote from a JJ Stankevits byline on colts.com.

Quote:
--Only two of the Colts' 57 plays before two end-of-game kneel downs lost yardage
--33 of those 57 plays went for four or more yards...
--the offense consistently stayed on schedule and kept the Raiders' defense off balance.
--Ryan was pressured on only five of his 30 dropbacks
So a lot of us were bitching about Frank killing drives by deciding that we should line up a TE as a fullback and try to get a 3rd and 2....

I only pretend to know about football, but it sure seems like a simple playbook that lets our guys gain confidence...

We fire Wentz because he cant make the layups, but then called plays asking for him to shoot 3 pointers.

Lets just move the chains and see what happens after that.

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pez For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (11-15-2022), Racehorse (11-15-2022), YDFL Commish (11-15-2022)
Old 11-15-2022, 05:20 PM

Thanked 4,290 Times in 1,755 Posts

it was a good showing. you could tell Saturday called out the oline.

that said, it was just the raiders and we almost lost
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Pez (11-16-2022), rcubed (11-16-2022)
Old 11-15-2022, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
it was a good showing. you could tell Saturday called out the oline.

that said, it was just the raiders and we almost lost
It may have only been the Raiders, but to be honest, I expected the Colts to lose.
Old 11-15-2022, 06:12 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
I stole this quote from a JJ Stankevits byline on colts.com.

So a lot of us were bitching about Frank killing drives by deciding that we should line up a TE as a fullback and try to get a 3rd and 2....

I only pretend to know about football, but it sure seems like a simple playbook that lets our guys gain confidence...

We fire Wentz because he cant make the layups, but then called plays asking for him to shoot 3 pointers.

Lets just move the chains and see what happens after that.
The team showed life, they showed a desire to play tough, and most importantly they looked like as a unit they gave a fuck about playing for each other. Subtle but important observation, think it was made by Wells maybe. He noted numerous times where a dude went down and one of his guys was there extending his arms and pulling him back to his feet, patting him on his helmet, etc.... He noted that of late, the only dude that continued to do that was Nelson. That is a very small thing, but from a TEAM perspective= critical.

On round table last night Saturday made a statement that could be sort of telling. Someone asked about Parks and preparing him for the game. Kept it very simple and said we all told him "dude, we are with you, we all support you WE AREN'T GOING TO SECOND GUESS WHAT YOU ARE DOING". There's a number of ways to read into that final piece but what would stand out is just the simple statement that they are ALL in this with him, gotta give him confidence to do what he thinks is best for the team period- and it sure looked like he had a great plan.

Not sure how many games we will win from here on out, but it clearly looks like a team with a completely revamped energy base, and that is fantastic to see.
Old 11-15-2022, 06:42 PM

Thanked 2,250 Times in 1,211 Posts

My biggest take away, is that you could actually see Saturday coaching players, encouraging players and getting on their asses when it was needed.

And yes< I so much agree about stupid shit like lining Granson up in the backfield and handing him the ball. That is so Reich though and also, I hate to say it, but so anti-BB.

Setup players for success by playing to their strengths and calling plays that they are good at.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (11-15-2022), Racehorse (11-15-2022)