ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Everything Else > General Topics

Old 08-04-2022, 04:52 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts
Default Karma justhit Alex Jones between the eyes

https://news.yahoo.com/alex-jones-la...GvupQb5yuKZ_KZ

While being cross-examined at his defamation trial in Austin, Texas, on Wednesday, Alex Jones was informed that his attorneys accidentally sent two years of text messages from his cellphone to a lawyer for the Sandy Hook parents suing him — and then failed to note that the messages were protected under attorney-client privilege.

Mark Bankston, a lawyer for the plaintiffs, presented a text message about Sandy Hook that Bankston said came from Jones’s cellphone.

“Do you know where I got this?” Bankston asked Jones.

“No,” Jones replied.

Bankston explained: “Twelve days ago, your attorneys messed up and sent me an entire digital copy of your entire cellphone with every text message that you’ve sent for the past two years — and when informed, did not take any steps to identify it as privileged or protected.”

Alex Jones attempts to answer questions about his text messages at his defamation trial in Austin, Texas, on Wednesday. (Briana Sanchez/Pool via Reuters)
Alex Jones attempts to answer questions about his text messages at his defamation trial in Austin, Texas, on Wednesday. (Briana Sanchez/Pool via Reuters)
In a pretrial deposition, Jones had testified under oath that he had searched his phone for text messages about Sandy Hook in preparation for the trial and found none.

“That is how I know you lied to me when you said you didn’t have any text messages about Sandy Hook,” Bankston told Jones. “Did you know this?”

Jones said he did not, and that he had given his phone to his attorneys.

"I guess this is your 'Perry Mason' moment," he added.

"You know what perjury is, right?" Bankston asked.

“Yes, I do,” Jones replied. “I mean, I’m not a tech guy.”

The dramatic exchange came during cross-examination of Jones on the second day of his testimony.

Earlier Wednesday, Jones sought to portray himself as a victim who had been “typecast” for claiming that the 2012 mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., was staged.

Jones, the only witness called by his defense team, began by complaining about media outlets that refuse to report that he now believes that the massacre, which left 20 children and six educators dead, actually happened.

“It's 100% real,” Jones said under direct questioning from his lawyer F. Andino Reynal.

Neil Heslin, father of 6-year-old Sandy Hook shooting victim Jesse Lewis, testifies at trial.
Neil Heslin, father of 6-year-old Sandy Hook shooting victim Jesse Lewis, testifies against Alex Jones on Tuesday. (Briana Sanchez/Pool via Reuters)
The concession came a day after Neil Heslin and Scarlett Lewis, the parents of Jesse Lewis, a 6-year-old boy killed at Sandy Hook, told the jury that false claims that the attack did not occur have made their lives a “living hell.”

Heslin and Lewis are suing Jones and his media company Free Speech Systems for $150 million for the harassment they've received as a result of the unfounded conspiracy theory spread by Jones and his guests on Infowars, a far-right website that hosts talk shows and other content.

Jones was asked by Reynal to explain what he now thinks about the massacre in Newtown.

“I think Sandy Hook happened. I think it was a terrible event,” he said, before adding: “I think it was a cover-up. The FBI knew it was going to happen.”

Under cross-examination, Bankston peppered Jones with questions about statements that have been made on Infowars during the trial, including the suggestion that Judge Maya Guerra Gamble is rigging the proceedings with an actual script, and that Gamble is somehow involved in a pedophilia ring.

Bankston asked Jones if such statements were evidence that he is taking the trial seriously.

“I think this is serious as cancer,” Jones replied.

Mark Bankston shows a document to Alex Jones, who looks perplexed.
Mark Bankston, a lawyer for Neil Heslin and Scarlett Lewis, asks Jones about his emails and text messages during the defamation trial Wedneday. (Briana Sanchez/Pool via Reuters)
Bankston also asked Jones about other mass tragedies that he has claimed were "false flag" events, including the mass shootings in Las Vegas, Parkland, Fla., and Sutherland Springs, Texas, and the Boston Marathon bombings.

As was the case during Jones's testimony on Tuesday, Gamble repeatedly reminded him to answer only the questions he was asked.

“This is not your show,” the judge said.

The case is now in the hands of the jury. Deliberations are scheduled to resume on Thursday morning.

During closing arguments, Reynal said that lawyers for the plaintiffs did not show the entire amount of Infowars video footage entered into evidence — about 8 hours — and instead presented just 9 minutes to the jury.

In their rebuttal, Kyle Farrar, an attorney for the parents, said that was by design, and that the lawyers chose not to play for the jury video segments unrelated to Sandy Hook.

“Why would I play you his conspiracy theories about frogs being gay? Why would I play that to you?” Farrar asked, adding: "Nobody wants to see that."
Old 08-04-2022, 05:35 PM

Thanked 4,361 Times in 2,508 Posts

Alex Jones? LOL
Old 08-04-2022, 06:15 PM

Thanked 1,260 Times in 720 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
Especially if you plan on sticking it in someone's ass.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
JAFF (08-05-2022), Lov2fish (08-04-2022), Racehorse (08-04-2022)
Old 08-05-2022, 07:25 AM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
Especially if you plan on sticking it in someone's ass.
This is how the AIDS epidemic started. It starts with a small group, engaged in risky personal practices, who are mobile, and dont give a damn what harm they cause.

Hopefully the AIDS/Hepatitis test will work while they add to the blood screening process for blood donations.
Old 08-05-2022, 06:07 PM
Post whore

Jones must pay $45.2 million

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/05/media...ook/index.html

Thats just Two sets of parents.
Old 08-06-2022, 04:16 AM
Post whore

Default Former Trump paper on Jones

Quote:
. Alex Jones is one of the worst humans on the planet, a pathological liar who exploits others’ agony for attention and profit. We dare him to sue us for defamation.
https://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/...mlq-story.html
Old 08-06-2022, 04:50 AM
Post whore

Default The Feds and Alex Jones cell phone

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...167af4621ef8d1

After conspiracy theory promoter Alex Jones was hit with a $49.3 million total verdict for lying about the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre, his attorneys sought to claw back the contents of Jones' cell phone, which they inadvertently sent to the plaintiffs.

The attorney for the plaintiffs has said he will cooperate with requests to obtain the evidence from federal law enforcement and the House Select Committee Investigating the Jan. 6 Attack on the U.S. Capitol.

On Friday, Judge Maya Guerra Gamble refused the request to get involved.

“I’m not standing between you and Congress," Gamble said.

ALSO IN THE NEWS: Anne Heche ‘expected to live’ after suffering severe burns in car crash: report

Related video: Alex Jones rocked in court by surprise evidence from his own phone

Play Video
Alex Jones rocked in court by surprise evidence from his own phone
Unmute
View on Watch
"That is not my job," she said. "I’m not going to do that.”

Mark Bankston, the attorney for Sandy Hook parents Neil Heslin and Scarlett Lewis, used the contents of Jones' phone to successfully impeach the InfoWars host for lying.

When Jones' lawyer called for a mistrial, Bankston revealed that the 2.3 gigabytes of information include every text Jones sent in the past two years, including intimate messages to Roger Stone.
Old 08-06-2022, 09:07 AM

Quote:
This is how the AIDS epidemic started. It starts with a small group, engaged in risky personal practices, who are mobile, and dont give a damn what harm they cause.

Hopefully the AIDS/Hepatitis test will work while they add to the blood screening process for blood donations.
Yeah, no doubt. Thankfully this is nowhere near as severe as HIV or Hepatitis.

I do love how the biggest recommendation on how to prevent the spread of this is a nicer version of don't go around getting your ass plowed by everyone you meet, which call me crazy is probably sound advice anytime and not just during an outbreak.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
Lov2fish (08-08-2022), Racehorse (08-07-2022)
Old 08-08-2022, 07:12 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
Yeah, no doubt. Thankfully this is nowhere near as severe as HIV or Hepatitis.

I do love how the biggest recommendation on how to prevent the spread of this is a nicer version of don't go around getting your ass plowed by everyone you meet, which call me crazy is probably sound advice anytime and not just during an outbreak.
This is what happened in the AIDs epidemic. Dont have any kind of sex with a stranger. Straight forward, keep your (fill in the blank) in your pants. And here we are.

Us old fuckers who have had small pox vaccination are probably ok.The rest of you are on your own. Since some of you dont believe in vaccination, sucks to be you
Old 08-10-2022, 10:26 PM

Quote:
This is what happened in the AIDs epidemic. Dont have any kind of sex with a stranger. Straight forward, keep your (fill in the blank) in your pants. And here we are.

Us old fuckers who have had small pox vaccination are probably ok.The rest of you are on your own. Since some of you dont believe in vaccination, sucks to be you
You do realize there's a huge difference between Monkeypox and AIDS right? Monkeypox rarely leads to death and typically goes away after 3-4 weeks. AIDS not so much, especially back in the epidemic days where it was a death sentence. Also there are treatments for Monkeypox whereas there was nothing for AIDS back in the epidemic. Don't get me wrong, contracting Monkeypox sucks, but it's not the end of the world like you're making it out to be.

As far as the sex conversation it's abundantly obvious from the data what type of behavior is causing Monkeypox to spread:

Quote:
Overall, 98% of the persons with infection were gay or bisexual men, 75% were White, and 41% had human immunodeficiency virus infection; the median age was 38 years. Transmission was suspected to have occurred through sexual activity in 95% of the persons with infection..
https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2207323

Again, don't get me wrong: having sex with strangers, especially unprotected sex, isn't good for your health. But people should be more concerned with contracting one of the numerous STDs out there than Monkeypox.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
JAFF (08-11-2022), Racehorse (08-11-2022)