ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 03-07-2018, 05:03 PM
Dam8610 Dam8610 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,036
Thanks: 59
Thanked 583 Times in 356 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
Hitchens is supposedly a fait accompli to come to the Colts given that they have Eberflus at DC now

I absolutely love Roquan Smith for ILB and if we trade down we could totally get him.

Rashaan Evans in our #2 spot would also be a great pickup there.
You think Evans will last that long? I'd be happy with he or Vander Esch at 36. That said, I doubt either lasts that far.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
i was wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-07-2018, 06:29 PM
omahacolt's Avatar
omahacolt omahacolt is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 6,689
Thanks: 733
Thanked 1,961 Times in 880 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
Hitchens is supposedly a fait accompli to come to the Colts given that they have Eberflus at DC now

I absolutely love Roquan Smith for ILB and if we trade down we could totally get him.

Rashaan Evans in our #2 spot would also be a great pickup there.
don't be an asshole
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-07-2018, 07:53 PM
Coltsalr's Avatar
Coltsalr Coltsalr is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 4,793
Thanks: 533
Thanked 540 Times in 301 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
First, I don't "hate" Nate Solder, I just don't think he's worth open market left tackle money, which is what he'll get. The reasons I don't think he's worth open market left tackle money are the Cheaters' OL coach is very good and known for turning projects into productive players while under him, Solder was a brutally awful pass blocker before coming into the league (and he's not exactly been elite at it since entering the league), and he's going into his age 30 season. That's not a guy I want the Colts handing 4/$60 to, and that's likely what it would take to get him.
Looks like your old man crush might be hitting the open market again:

Dolphins releasing Suh 'under consideration'
One NFL official told the Miami Herald the Dolphins releasing DT Ndamukong Suh remains "under consideration."
The source reportedly didn't say whether the move is likely or unlikely, merely that it's being considered. The Herald reported in February Suh would likely be designated as a post-June 1 release if cut, which would save the Fins $17 million under the salary cap. $8.5 million of Suh's $17 million salary becomes guaranteed on March 19. Suh turned 31 in January and hasn't missed a game since 2011. He would be an extremely hot commodity on the open market.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-07-2018, 09:55 PM
Dam8610 Dam8610 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,036
Thanks: 59
Thanked 583 Times in 356 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
Looks like your old man crush might be hitting the open market again:

Dolphins releasing Suh 'under consideration'
One NFL official told the Miami Herald the Dolphins releasing DT Ndamukong Suh remains "under consideration."
The source reportedly didn't say whether the move is likely or unlikely, merely that it's being considered. The Herald reported in February Suh would likely be designated as a post-June 1 release if cut, which would save the Fins $17 million under the salary cap. $8.5 million of Suh's $17 million salary becomes guaranteed on March 19. Suh turned 31 in January and hasn't missed a game since 2011. He would be an extremely hot commodity on the open market.
Ballard won't do it because he's 31, but I'd at least kick the tires. Still a good player and won't command nearly as large of a contract.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
i was wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-08-2018, 01:18 PM
Dam8610 Dam8610 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,036
Thanks: 59
Thanked 583 Times in 356 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
Hitchens is supposedly a fait accompli to come to the Colts given that they have Eberflus at DC now

I absolutely love Roquan Smith for ILB and if we trade down we could totally get him.

Rashaan Evans in our #2 spot would also be a great pickup there.
Roquan Smith would have to fight through a block before I'd be okay taking him with a top 15 pick. Don't get me wrong, he's fast, has great instincts, is great in coverage, and makes plays, but you can say that about Evans, Jefferson, and Vander Esch as well, and they also fight through blocks. Give me Chubb and Vander Esch over Smith and Landry every time.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
i was wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-08-2018, 01:46 PM
VeveJones007 VeveJones007 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 3,027
Thanks: 1,142
Thanked 997 Times in 563 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
You think Evans will last that long? I'd be happy with he or Vander Esch at 36. That said, I doubt either lasts that far.
Latest mocks I've seen have both going towards the end of round 1, but maybe one slips.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-08-2018, 01:50 PM
sherck's Avatar
sherck sherck is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 3,736
Thanks: 1,758
Thanked 1,173 Times in 516 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
Latest mocks I've seen have both going towards the end of round 1, but maybe one slips.
There are ALWAYS guys whom the pundints say are "1st round talent" that don't get picked during the first day. Always....

I don't know if any of them are linebackers this year but there will be plenty of guys whom teams think are 1st round guys who slip into the top half of the 2nd round.

I hope we get 2 impact guys from this year's draft. Chubb and a Linebacker or O-Lineman would be my hope but I just hope that 36th slot is a for real guy.

Walk Worthy,
__________________
==============
Thad
The future is so bright; I gotta triple up!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-08-2018, 02:00 PM
Dam8610 Dam8610 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,036
Thanks: 59
Thanked 583 Times in 356 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
There are ALWAYS guys whom the pundints say are "1st round talent" that don't get picked during the first day. Always....

I don't know if any of them are linebackers this year but there will be plenty of guys whom teams think are 1st round guys who slip into the top half of the 2nd round.

I hope we get 2 impact guys from this year's draft. Chubb and a Linebacker or O-Lineman would be my hope but I just hope that 36th slot is a for real guy.

Walk Worthy,
Leighton Vander Esch to the Steelers makes too much sense to not happen, despite my sincerest hopes that it doesn't. Then the Cheaters and Eagles both need LBs. I am also hoping that the Colts use this draft wisely, the positioning of the picks is almost like having a round higher pick every time. Hopefully Ballard makes good use of it and we won't see another draft with this type of positioning for over a decade.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
i was wrong.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
VeveJones007 (03-08-2018)
  #29  
Old 03-08-2018, 04:09 PM
VeveJones007 VeveJones007 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 3,027
Thanks: 1,142
Thanked 997 Times in 563 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
There are ALWAYS guys whom the pundints say are "1st round talent" that don't get picked during the first day. Always....

I don't know if any of them are linebackers this year but there will be plenty of guys whom teams think are 1st round guys who slip into the top half of the 2nd round.

I hope we get 2 impact guys from this year's draft. Chubb and a Linebacker or O-Lineman would be my hope but I just hope that 36th slot is a for real guy.

Walk Worthy,
As Dam said, problem is need. A lot of teams at the end of Rd 1 need a LB.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-09-2018, 11:06 AM
FatDT's Avatar
FatDT FatDT is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,252
Thanks: 308
Thanked 1,096 Times in 497 Posts
Default

Trumaine Johnson will for sure be a FA. Rams have Peters and Talib now. Do we want him?

Vinny Curry has been released by the Eagles. Apparently had a good year on the edge but it didn't show in his stats. I have no idea on him.

Lots of movement in the NFL right now.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.