ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-31-2019, 12:19 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

I think I’m feeling just like you Hoopsdoc
Old 09-01-2019, 06:23 AM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Delete I hope. Still very angry...

Last edited by Brylok; 09-01-2019 at 06:41 AM.
Old 09-01-2019, 07:28 AM

Not happy that he left, but I get it. Actually, a half hearted Luck might not be as effective as a hungry Brissett. At least, that's how I'm hoping.
Old 09-01-2019, 09:49 AM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
Delete I hope. Still very angry...
Do you think Luck doesn't understand the consequences of his retirement? He didn't see the roster being built, the team in camp and the talent that was added? You think Luck didn't see that this was the best coached, most talented team in his entire time in Indy? You think he didn’t want to win a super bowl?

With this all in his favor he still couldn't find a way to face playing this season.

Luck is a smart guy, apprently he's got other things that help him make his decision and I hope he finds some health and some peace.

Last edited by JAFF; 09-01-2019 at 09:12 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
Hoopsdoc (09-01-2019), Racehorse (09-01-2019)
Old 09-01-2019, 04:23 PM

One day I will look back and be able to appreciate what Luck did with mediocre talent around him for all but one season here.

But I can't do that yet. Still pissed about this decision as a fan.

It was a selfish move he had every right to make and I know why he did it and understand it

But I still don't like it. It could have been a HOFer and he was finally in a position to do just that if he stuck around, while winning some titles for the Colts in the process

He just stepped away and stated he'd rather not do any of that. His decision, but still disappointing
Old 09-01-2019, 08:32 PM

Thanked 1,899 Times in 926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
Do you think Luck doesn't understand the consequences of his retirement? He didn't see the roster being built, the team in camp and the talent that was added? You think Luck didn't see that this was the best coached, most talented team in his entire time in Indy? You think he did want to win a super bowl?

With this all in his favor he still couldn't find a way to face playing this season.

Luck is a smart guy, apprently he's got other things that help him make his decision and I hope he finds some health and some peace.
I think what might have been will haunt him someday. I don’t see anyway it doesn’t. As you said, there’s no way he didn’t see what this team would have been capable of.

We need to either win the super bowl or not make the playoffs at all this year. Those 2 scenarios won’t bother me.

But if we make the playoffs and come up short, well, that will be tough.
Old 09-01-2019, 09:17 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpaceman View Post
One day I will look back and be able to appreciate what Luck did with mediocre talent around him for all but one season here.

But I can't do that yet. Still pissed about this decision as a fan.

It was a selfish move he had every right to make and I know why he did it and understand it

But I still don't like it. It could have been a HOFer and he was finally in a position to do just that if he stuck around, while winning some titles for the Colts in the process

He just stepped away and stated he'd rather not do any of that. His decision, but still disappointing
Junior Seau did exactly what you want Luck to do. Play through injury, play threw pain, go for it. How did that work out?

He made his decision for HIS future. I hope it works out for him. And before you tell me there is no correlation, look at all nfl vets who have broken bodies and broken spirits. Its just a game.
Old 09-02-2019, 01:55 AM

Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,488 Posts

I'm already over it. I wish he would have retired in March so the team could have more options, but whatever, he didn't, and I honestly think there's a good chance they would have rolled with Brissett anyways and the moves would have been more or less the same. And perhaps it's just that early season optimism, but I really believe this is a well rounded team and am excited to see what Brissett can do with a better team and a coaching staff that has more competence in their discarded toenails than Pagano's ever had in their lifetime.

I hope Luck has a nice life and is able to play with his grandchildren when he gets older. He doesn't owe anyone anything.

That said I also get why people were upset the day it was announced. I was a bit myself. Still, taking a step back it is what it is and I don't wish any ill will upon the man at all, and really appreciate what he did all his years here.

Last edited by nate505; 09-02-2019 at 02:01 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nate505 For This Useful Post:
Butter (09-02-2019), JAFF (09-02-2019), Racehorse (09-02-2019)
Old 09-02-2019, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
Junior Seau did exactly what you want Luck to do. Play through injury, play threw pain, go for it. How did that work out?

He made his decision for HIS future. I hope it works out for him. And before you tell me there is no correlation, look at all nfl vets who have broken bodies and broken spirits. Its just a game.
And there are plenty of counter examples to Junior Seau that are QBs where it worked out great

Drew Brees before he went to the Saints suffered a major injury, came back. teams were not even sure he would be able to play again effectively.

Tom Brady came back from an ACL tear

Peyton Manning Came back from a severe neck injury when he was almost a decade older than Luck.

All went on to win Superbowls as starting QBs after those injuries at around Luck's age or older. And all are still healthy with no signs of being seriously injured or impaired the rest of their lives.

Luck can make his own decision of course. Up to him. But his decision told us he was never going to be on the same level as those guys and had no intention of trying to do so.