ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-13-2022, 01:01 PM

Thanked 1,667 Times in 797 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

I know what you did. It's not accurate, numerically and historically.

Football seasons are defined by the season in which the vast majority in which it is played (as is the 2006 world champion Colts, who won the Super Bowl in February of 2007), and basketball seasons are also defined by when the vast majority of its seasons are played, of examples in which I pointed out in my previous post.

That's not my opinion, it's a fact.

o
It’s accurate in that my numbers show that the current colts season predicts the upcoming IU basketball season. How hard is that to understand? That’s the exact claim I made in my first post and my numbers support the claim.

For example the bad colts seasons in 2001 and 2011 anticipated good seasons for IU ball, and good colt years anticipated bad years for IU ball.

And thus because we have plenty of reason to believe the upcoming IU b-ball season is going to be a good one, it follows the trend that the current colts season would be a bad one.

I do data analysis every day, including and especially regression, so I know what I’m doing.

Last edited by HoosierinFL; 11-13-2022 at 01:07 PM.
Old 11-13-2022, 01:13 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,270 Times in 2,017 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post

It’s accurate in that my numbers show that the current colts season predicts the upcoming IU basketball season. How hard is that to understand? That’s the exact claim I made in my first post and my numbers support the claim.

For example the bad colts seasons in 2002 and 2011 anticipated good seasons for IU ball, and good colt years anticipated bad years for IU ball.

And thus because we have plenty of reason to believe the upcoming IU b-ball season is going to be a good one, it follows the trend that the current colts season would be a bad one.

I do data analysis every day, including and especially regression, so I know what I’m doing.

o

You said , specifically, that they were never good in the same year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post

The Colts and IU basketball are never good in the same year, and with all the signs pointing to IU having a very good team this year, we should have known the Colts were in for a bad time.

And the same year, as I factually pointed out, is not what your chart correlates.

The 2002 Colts went 10-6 and lost in the first round of the playoffs, the 2002 Indiana Hoosiers were runners-up in the national championship tournament.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 11-13-2022, 02:19 PM

Thanked 1,667 Times in 797 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

You said , specifically, that they were never good in the same year.

And the same year, as I factually pointed out, is not what your chart correlates.

The 2002 Colts went 10-6 and lost in the first round of the playoffs, the 2002 Indiana Hoosiers were runners-up in the national championship tournament.

o

semantics, you're making a mountain of a small detail in my original post that doesn't change the truth of my data.
It also makes more sense to correlate the seasons that overlap. The Colts are currently playing an active season, and IU b-ball season has also started. These are thus the "same season" because they are playing at literally the same time and will be for the next 2 months - and what I said is thus meant as "they are not good at the same time" meaning in the same current season both teams are currently active. What "year-label" you want to apply to these seasons is irrelevant.