ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 04-08-2019, 04:19 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,595 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
So if Burns and Ferrel are not there they go two DT’s with top two picks? I think if Simmons is there we have to take him. Like Warren Sapp dropping in the draft, Simmons is a top ten if not top five talent in this draft.
I'm all for drafting Simmons at 34, but it's too much of a risk at 26 for me. Let someone else risk a 1 on him if they're going to.
Old 04-08-2019, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
I'm all for drafting Simmons at 34, but it's too much of a risk at 26 for me. Let someone else risk a 1 on him if they're going to.
You really believe the drop off between what we could get at 26 vs 34 is that significant?

In my mind, if they believe that Simmons is truly as good as the hype (the talent to become the next Suh) then you do it. If not, then I’m not sure imterested at #34 anyway.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coltsalr For This Useful Post:
Chromeburn (04-08-2019), Dewey 5 (04-08-2019)
Old 04-08-2019, 05:31 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
I think AJ Brown is the best receiver in the draft, but give me Ferrel, Simmons, or Abram based on who is available at 26 in that mock.

If Ballard really wants an EDGE, I think he needs to move up. I expect KC to jump in front of the Colts to try to replace Houston/Ford.
I agree that Brown may be the best WR in the draft. If Wilkins slips to 26, then Ballard is all over him. If not then I would want Murphy and then Tillery at 34 or vice versa.

I've got a feeling that Tillery has Pats written all over him if he's there at 32. He's just the type of versatile defender that BB drools over.
The Following User Says Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
VeveJones007 (04-08-2019)
Old 04-08-2019, 05:37 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
It’s a difference of 8 picks. But spending a one would give you the 5 year option which might be nice considering the injury. Real chance he is gone at 34. I don’t know if he lasts to 26 if the run on defensive line happens that I suspect will happen.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
VeveJones007 (04-08-2019)
Old 04-08-2019, 05:53 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,191 Posts

What's the best case scenario for Simmons playing this season...maybe 8 games..and then how effective will he be?

Also he's got the baggage of punching a woman in the face. I'm pretty sure that Ballard will steer clear of that dude.
Old 04-08-2019, 10:55 PM

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,167 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
?

Also he's got the baggage of punching a woman in the face. I'm pretty sure that Ballard will steer clear of that dude.
If Ballard believes he has grown as a person and put that behavior in the past I think he would consider him.
Old 04-08-2019, 11:11 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,595 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
You really believe the drop off between what we could get at 26 vs 34 is that significant?

In my mind, if they believe that Simmons is truly as good as the hype (the talent to become the next Suh) then you do it. If not, then I’m not sure imterested at #34 anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
It’s a difference of 8 picks. But spending a one would give you the 5 year option which might be nice considering the injury. Real chance he is gone at 34. I don’t know if he lasts to 26 if the run on defensive line happens that I suspect will happen.
I think you don't risk a first round pick on an injured player, because of the higher trade value first round picks carry (fifth year option is very attractive to teams trying to get a QB). I also think the talent level of the other options the Colts will have at 26 among healthy players is enough to go for one of the healthy players on the board. I might feel differently about it in the position of the Raiders, Rams, or Cheaters, but that's not the position the Colts are in. Also, having watched the tape, Tillery could be as good as Simmons IMO, and won't be injured to start the season. You don't have to agree, but that's my take on it. Considering what happened with Jaylon Smith and Myles Jack in recent history, I think quite a few NFL talent evaluators agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
If Ballard believes he has grown as a person and put that behavior in the past I think he would consider him.
Every coach he's ever had fully vouches for his character. Considering that incident happened when he was in high school, I think Ballard will be among the group who looks at it as an isolated incident rather than a character red flag.
Old 04-08-2019, 11:56 PM

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,167 Posts

Quote:

Every coach he's ever had fully vouches for his character. Considering that incident happened when he was in high school, I think Ballard will be among the group who looks at it as an isolated incident rather than a character red flag.
That is the take I have from it all. He did something horrible, knows and owns it and has worked hard to be a decent person. If Ballard with the amount of research and info they can get on him decides he is OK, I a cool with it.
Old 04-09-2019, 09:45 AM
Post whore

Quote:
I think you don't risk a first round pick on an injured player, because of the higher trade value first round picks carry (fifth year option is very attractive to teams trying to get a QB). I also think the talent level of the other options the Colts will have at 26 among healthy players is enough to go for one of the healthy players on the board. I might feel differently about it in the position of the Raiders, Rams, or Cheaters, but that's not the position the Colts are in. Also, having watched the tape, Tillery could be as good as Simmons IMO, and won't be injured to start the season. You don't have to agree, but that's my take on it. Considering what happened with Jaylon Smith and Myles Jack in recent history, I think quite a few NFL talent evaluators agree.

I think Tillery is underrated, but I don’t think he is a top ten player. Maybe he will be but Simmons is the better rated player and a DT doesn’t usually have an instant impact like a RB does. I’m ok with losing half a season or even a season of the guy turns out to be a Fletcher Cox type. Getting a ten year stud is worth the trade off for me.
Old 04-09-2019, 09:48 AM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
That is the take I have from it all. He did something horrible, knows and owns it and has worked hard to be a decent person. If Ballard with the amount of research and info they can get on him decides he is OK, I a cool with it.
His sister was in a fight with the girl, he said he feared for his family. I don’t like the fact she was on her back at the time. But he was in high school and all the reports about him since then have been great. I didn’t not like the Mixon situation and did not want him. But the circumstances seem different here.