ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-12-2023, 04:32 PM

Thanked 4,290 Times in 1,755 Posts
Default quick thoughts on the game

1) AR was alright. bomb to pierce was a great throw. many others not great. high passes, off target passes but looked comfortable back there. he isn't Luck. we are going to see some growing pains. lots of them. but it should be fun.

2) oline looked decent. freeland with the starters was a downgrade from smith obviously. he had some good snaps and some bad snaps. pretty much what you would expect. overall i was happy with him. the left side looked fine

3) fries not having real competition is a fucking problem. a problem we see with ballard every year. a glaring issue he refuses to fix. i expect fries to be better than last year but he should have some competetion. he has none.

4) eyikor or whatever his name is was garbage. we need guard help

5) this secondary is going to be rough is my guess. its preseason so whatever but with the youth movement, we will have some bad games.

6) pass rush was garbage as usual. we kind of knew that would be the case though.

7) hambright, the lt, was not bad. he looks like a guard playing lt but he is quick and has some power to him. he was interesting to me.

8) that stuard lber was everywhere. he should make the team. good day for him.

9) minshew looked good. really polished in the offense.

10) its preseason. i think we all know where this team sits. lack of depth is an issue that ballard should be held accountable for. lots of holes on this team.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (08-12-2023), IndyNorm (08-12-2023), Ironshaft (08-14-2023)
Old 08-12-2023, 04:42 PM

Thanked 1,120 Times in 623 Posts

The Gay kicker sucks
The Following User Says Thank You to Dewey 5 For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (08-12-2023)
Old 08-12-2023, 04:54 PM

Thanked 1,649 Times in 790 Posts

I forgot we had tickets to the fucking Ninja Turtles today so I missed it. Saw highlights so I only saw the good from AR, not the bad. Even the highlights showed some poorly placed balls. Did he ever look indecisive or start running too soon?

Was really wanting to see the young DBs. How did they look?

Saw Nelson running to pick guys up which sounds trivial but it's something he stopped doing last year.

Grant Stuard was already on the team. He was the ST stud we got from TB. I didn't realize that he went to my high school. Remember seeing articles here when he was drafted.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
omahacolt (08-12-2023)
Old 08-12-2023, 05:03 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
I forgot we had tickets to the fucking Ninja Turtles today so I missed it. Saw highlights so I only saw the good from AR, not the bad. Even the highlights showed some poorly placed balls. Did he ever look indecisive or start running too soon?

Saw Nelson running to pick guys up which sounds trivial but it's something he stopped doing last year.

Grant Stuard was already on the team. He was the ST stud we got from TB. I didn't realize that he went to my high school. Remember seeing articles here when he was drafted.
I dont think Nelson could do that his leg was so screwed up
Old 08-12-2023, 05:26 PM

Thanked 1,324 Times in 748 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post

The new ninja turtles movie looks awful, but that discussion I'm sure belongs on another board.

AR looked pretty decisive for the most part except for his int where he double clutched and then threw to a spot where no Colts were in the vicinity. McKenzie said in an interview later in the game that the pick was his fault and once he and AR are on more of the same page wouldn't be happening. Not sure if he's correct or just sticking up for AR, but either way it was good to hear. He really only went downfield once, and that was a really good throw that Pierce dropped at the goal line.

The DBs made some plays, but struggled at times too. Kind of hard to get too much of a read w/ Josh Allen, Diggs, and Davis sitting.

The OL did look better, and Jackson had a couple of nice runs. We did get stuffed on 4th and short w/ no push on the right side of the OL.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
ChaosTheory (08-12-2023), YDFL Commish (08-12-2023)
Old 08-12-2023, 05:31 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

AR didn’t get injured and we now have sort of a baseline to root from for improvement. Good day all in all.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (08-12-2023)
Old 08-12-2023, 05:47 PM
Post whore

Rainman at LT didnt suck.
Old 08-12-2023, 05:47 PM

Thanked 1,324 Times in 748 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
3) fries not having real competition is a fucking problem. a problem we see with ballard every year. a glaring issue he refuses to fix. i expect fries to be better than last year but he should have some competetion. he has none.
Hit the nail on the head. Great example of Ballard's biggest weakness.
Old 08-12-2023, 06:04 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
Hit the nail on the head. Great example of Ballard's biggest weakness.
No one has depth at every single position. If you spend money at one position, you needed to get a bargain at another position. For every guy who looks like Tarzan and makes plays there’s another who looks the part but plays like Jane.

Every team has holes, thats what the cap does.
Old 08-12-2023, 07:02 PM

Thanked 2,250 Times in 1,174 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
Rainman at LT didnt suck.
I think he can be a solid LT for us.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Butter For This Useful Post:
Ironshaft (08-14-2023), JAFF (08-12-2023), omahacolt (08-12-2023), Racehorse (08-12-2023)