ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-28-2017, 07:45 AM

Thanked 1,197 Times in 528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Concert
You really were on a roll last night!

I was at a Michael W. Smith concert with my wife celebrating our 16th anniversary.

Good time had at the concert and I got home just in time for my son to start ranting about taking a safety over a DT!

His signature phrase? "Ballard said that he was going to build the trenches! Safety is NOT a trench position!"

Good times had by all!

Cheers,

Last edited by sherck; 04-28-2017 at 07:55 AM.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:34 AM

CB Quincy Wilson, Florida
CB Kevin King, Washington
CB Chidobe Awuzie, Colorado
CB Sidney Jones, Washington

OLB Jordan Willis, Kansas State
OLB Tim Williams, Alabama
OLB Tyus Bowser, Houston
OLB Ryan Anderson, Alabama

DT Malik McDowell, Michigan State
DE Chris Wormley, Michigan

ILB Zach Cunningham, Vanderbilt

OG Forrest Lamp
OT Cam Robinson

There are 13 names on the list of guys that I would love to have in the 2nd round. We pick with the 14th pick.

Considering that there are still offensive guys on the board like: Davin Cook, Joe Mixon, Alvin Kamara, Gerald Everett, Pat Elfein and JuJu Smith-Schuster, I am pretty confident that we will get someone off that list.

In the top half of the 2nd round, each pick is worth a “spread” of about 10 points.

Trading away our 5th round pick (158 overall; 27.8 points) could move us up 2 or 3 spots to 2-12 or 2-11.
Trading away our last 4th round pick (144 overall, 33.5 points) could move us up 3 spots to 2-11.
Trading away our middle 4th round pick (137 overall, 37.0 points) could probably move us up 4 spots to 2-10.
Trading away our top 4th round pick (121 overall, 52.0 points) could move us up 5 spots to 2-9.
Trading away our 3rd round pick (80 overall; 190 points) puts us at the top of round two (33 overall; 580 points) with getting 50 points back or around a mid 4th round pick.

Worth it if the “right” CB or OLB is sitting just a few spots away from where we pick at 2-14.

Cheers,
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sherck For This Useful Post:
Chromeburn (04-28-2017), FatDT (04-28-2017)
Old 04-28-2017, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post

I was at a Michael W. Smith concert with my wife celebrating our 16th anniversary.

Good time had at the concert and I got home just in time for my son to start ranting about taking a safety over a DT!

His signature phrase? "Ballard said that he was going to build the trenches! Safety is NOT a trench position!"

Good times had by all!

Cheers,
FYI, after the Colts chose Hooker, there were no DTs chosen for the remainder of the first round. So, tell your son, his DT choice remains available.
Old 04-28-2017, 09:09 AM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
CB Sidney Jones, Washington

OLB Jordan Willis, Kansas State
OLB Tim Williams, Alabama
OLB Tyus Bowser, Houston
OLB Ryan Anderson, Alabama

DT Malik McDowell, Michigan State
DE Chris Wormley, Michigan

ILB Zach Cunningham, Vanderbilt

OG Forrest Lamp
OT Cam Robinson

There are 13 names on the list of guys that I would love to have in the 2nd round. We pick with the 14th pick.

Considering that there are still offensive guys on the board like: Davin Cook, Joe Mixon, Alvin Kamara, Gerald Everett, Pat Elfein and JuJu Smith-Schuster, I am pretty confident that we will get someone off that list.

In the top half of the 2nd round, each pick is worth a “spread” of about 10 points.

Trading away our 5th round pick (158 overall; 27.8 points) could move us up 2 or 3 spots to 2-12 or 2-11.
Trading away our last 4th round pick (144 overall, 33.5 points) could move us up 3 spots to 2-11.
Trading away our middle 4th round pick (137 overall, 37.0 points) could probably move us up 4 spots to 2-10.
Trading away our top 4th round pick (121 overall, 52.0 points) could move us up 5 spots to 2-9.
Trading away our 3rd round pick (80 overall; 190 points) puts us at the top of round two (33 overall; 580 points) with getting 50 points back or around a mid 4th round pick.

Worth it if the “right” CB or OLB is sitting just a few spots away from where we pick at 2-14.

Cheers,
I think Wilson is the only player you can make a strong argument for trading up. Some analysts have him as a top 15 player and his size/ability to press would be good fits for this defense.
Old 04-28-2017, 09:28 AM

Playing around with this a bit more:

Three kids whom I think could all come in and immediately start for us at CB2 as a pretty quality press CB. I prefer Awuzie over the other two by just a tad but all three are high quality kids and fill a HUGE need at CB to pair with our brand new free safety for years to come!

A couple of scenarios:

Colts trade 2-14 and 3-16 (630 points) to GB for 2-1, 4-28 and 6-29 (624 points). Slide back from mid-3rd round for a late 4th round plus pick up a 6th round pick in order to get the choice of our CB.

I don't know if GB would want to trade back again since they did trade out of the 1st round already. Asking them to wait until 2-14 to pick might be a bit much.

Colts trade 2-14 and 3-16 (630 points) to SEA for 2-2 and 4-4 (632). We would probably have to thrown in a future 6th round pick in order to exceed the point value in 2017 but whatever. Slide back 31 spots from 3rd to 4th round in order to move up 12 spots in the 2nd round.

I think either of these scenarios are very doable if Ballard has 1st round grades on any of those CBs.

If we miss out on those CBs, I expect a veteran CB to be signed by the end of the weekend.

Cheers,
Old 04-28-2017, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
FYI, after the Colts chose Hooker, there were no DTs chosen for the remainder of the first round. So, tell your son, his DT choice remains available.
Ummmm, Jonathan Allen would have played the DT role for us. That is who my son wanted.

Cheers,
The Following User Says Thank You to sherck For This Useful Post:
albany ed (04-28-2017)
Old 04-28-2017, 09:37 AM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Playing around with this a bit more:

Three kids whom I think could all come in and immediately start for us at CB2 as a pretty quality press CB. I prefer Awuzie over the other two by just a tad but all three are high quality kids and fill a HUGE need at CB to pair with our brand new free safety for years to come!

A couple of scenarios:

Colts trade 2-14 and 3-16 (630 points) to GB for 2-1, 4-28 and 6-29 (624 points). Slide back from mid-3rd round for a late 4th round plus pick up a 6th round pick in order to get the choice of our CB.

I don't know if GB would want to trade back again since they did trade out of the 1st round already. Asking them to wait until 2-14 to pick might be a bit much.

Colts trade 2-14 and 3-16 (630 points) to SEA for 2-2 and 4-4 (632). We would probably have to thrown in a future 6th round pick in order to exceed the point value in 2017 but whatever. Slide back 31 spots from 3rd to 4th round in order to move up 12 spots in the 2nd round.

I think either of these scenarios are very doable if Ballard has 1st round grades on any of those CBs.

If we miss out on those CBs, I expect a veteran CB to be signed by the end of the weekend.

Cheers,
Pass. I think they'll get one of those corners without having to move down from 3.16.
Old 04-28-2017, 09:58 AM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
I think Wilson is the only player you can make a strong argument for trading up. Some analysts have him as a top 15 player and his size/ability to press would be good fits for this defense.
It is crazy he is still available. Ballard has some very good options tonight.
Old 04-28-2017, 10:51 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,059 Posts

Quote:

Good times had by all!

Cheers,
Hahaha well draft isn't over yet.

I want Willis, after that I'm worried the pass rush might get a little murky. But there are lots of solid options. Should get a solid pick in the third too.

Last edited by Chromeburn; 04-28-2017 at 10:59 AM.
Old 04-28-2017, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Hahaha well draft isn't over yet.

I want Willis, after that I'm worried the pass rush might get a little murky. But there are lots of solid options. Should get a solid pick in the third too.
My hope is that either Ryan Anderson or Trey Henderson are still there in the 3rd round for OLB. Either would be a good choice.

CB in the 2nd round, I hope. If not, we should be signing a vet to start for 1 year before the end of the 2nd round.

Cheers,