ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-06-2019, 02:18 PM

Default A new Luck

One of the reasons in my opinion for optimism is this new Andrew Luck. I'm not talking about his excellent play, but his leadership. I remember Luck in years past being this guy looking to hand the leadership reigns somewhere else, seemingly comfortable without the leadership responsibility. More of an "aw shucks" and "giddy" kid in a candy store.... I'm not seeing that so much. Maybe it is just maturation, but I've been seeing more of a laser focused man on a mission. He's not on the sideline yelling at Ryan Kelly telling him to just play center and snap the ball... bet he may be getting there.
Old 01-06-2019, 03:48 PM

Thanked 4,292 Times in 1,757 Posts

I think Luck has always been a leader on the team
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Butter (01-06-2019), Colts And Orioles (01-06-2019), Dewey 5 (01-06-2019), Indiana V2 (01-06-2019), JAFF (01-06-2019), Racehorse (01-07-2019)
Old 01-06-2019, 03:55 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,402 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
I think Luck has always been a leader on the team
Agree.... not sure what FA it was but they mentioned when they get into the huddle they were in awe of Lucks command of the huddle and offense
Old 01-06-2019, 04:12 PM

Thanked 1,477 Times in 815 Posts

Agree he has always been the leader. but he does seem different than in the past. I noticed this in his post game press conference yesterday. Just the way he spoke and answered questions compared to a couple years ago.
The Following User Says Thank You to rcubed For This Useful Post:
nondoc (01-06-2019)
Old 01-06-2019, 04:16 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nondoc View Post
One of the reasons in my opinion for optimism is this new Andrew Luck. I'm not talking about his excellent play, but his leadership. I remember Luck in years past being this guy looking to hand the leadership reigns somewhere else, seemingly comfortable without the leadership responsibility. More of an "aw shucks" and "giddy" kid in a candy store.... I'm not seeing that so much. Maybe it is just maturation, but I've been seeing more of a laser focused man on a mission. He's not on the sideline yelling at Ryan Kelly telling him to just play center and snap the ball... bet he may be getting there.
I never got that impression. I wouldn’t mistake his friendly attitude for being a weak leader. Honestly you don’t usually make it to the pros as a QB without having good leadership traits.
Old 01-06-2019, 04:25 PM

I’ve noticed more leadership out of Luck this year also. I have a feeling that this is a reflection of him being more comfortable with this offense and the coaching staff in general. He probably feels more empowered.
The Following User Says Thank You to NextManUp For This Useful Post:
nondoc (01-06-2019)
Old 01-06-2019, 04:41 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

You can only lead if you lead honestly. With Reich at the helm I have to believe Luck has more fully bought into what is being made here. I’m not sure how you would have led in an appropriate manner with the last group of people that ran this team. Plus he is older and life has started to throw the shit it throws at all of us at him. He’s perceviered and that builds character and maturity.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
nondoc (01-06-2019), Pez (01-07-2019)
Old 01-06-2019, 05:28 PM

I think Luck has always been a leader. Before, I think he was more of a cerebral (head) leader. I.e. He's all about the X's and O's. With what he's gone through I think his profound gratefulness is making him a bit more of a heart leader.....he seems to be connecting/relating to his teammates on an emotional as well as intellectual level.
Old 01-06-2019, 05:37 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,402 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965southpaw View Post
I think Luck has always been a leader. Before, I think he was more of a cerebral (head) leader. I.e. He's all about the X's and O's. With what he's gone through I think his profound gratefulness is making him a bit more of a heart leader.....he seems to be connecting/relating to his teammates on an emotional as well as intellectual level.
I think it has a lot to do with coaching. With Pep he knew the offense and had Pagano not fucked with it he would have excelled in it. With Arians being a QB guru he excelled even though it was not the right offense for a poor Oline. With Chud Luck was probably WTF??? every time a play was called. Now he and Frank are on the same page and playing to the strengths of the. team and Luck being as smart as he is gets it.

Coming from Chud... the worst thing that could have happened to Luck.. to Frank the best thing, has given Luck even more confidence.

AlsoI am not sure how many of you saw Jacoby on the sidelines helping Frank... there was a time or two he would run to Reich and say no no no... and frank would change something.

Brissett is a HUGE asset to this team....
nate505 (01-06-2019)
Old 01-06-2019, 07:22 PM

Thanked 2,538 Times in 1,489 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
I think it has a lot to do with coaching. With Pep he knew the offense and had Pagano not fucked with it he would have excelled in it. With Arians being a QB guru he excelled even though it was not the right offense for a poor Oline. With Chud Luck was probably WTF??? every time a play was called. Now he and Frank are on the same page and playing to the strengths of the. team and Luck being as smart as he is gets it.

Coming from Chud... the worst thing that could have happened to Luck.. to Frank the best thing, has given Luck even more confidence.

AlsoI am not sure how many of you saw Jacoby on the sidelines helping Frank... there was a time or two he would run to Reich and say no no no... and frank would change something.

Brissett is a HUGE asset to this team....
I love Brissett as a backup QB. He has a great attitude. He always seems so happy and positive out there. Not to mention I'd trust him to hold down the fort if Luck were hurt for a few games.

Still I wonder if he'll be dealt for a few draft picks soon.
sherck (01-06-2019)