ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-24-2023, 10:18 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,270 Times in 2,017 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigalbert View Post

Gardner Minshew is an imposter. Can’t read a defense at all. On a few of those where he bolted and panicked he had 1 on 1 coverage down the field. On second thought he can’t throw it that far anyway. And yes I know the O line sucked, Q was getting blown up today. Tuff guy my azz.

o

Reading defenses often depends on an offensive line.

Ken Stabler was one of the greatest quarterbacks that I ever saw play ...... when he had what was arguably the greatest offensive line ever blocking for him (the Oakland Raiders of the 1970's), and he literally just stood there deciding whether to throw the ball to Fred Biletnikoff, Cliff Branch, or dump it off to Marv Hubbard or Pete Banaszak.

Peyton Manning was a freak of nature at reading defenses ...... but in the 2013 season Super Bowl against the Seahawks, the Legion-of-Doom was almost always in his face less than 2 seconds after the ball was snapped.

Overall, I think that Peyton Manning was a greater quarterback than was Dan Marino, but I must admit that Marino was a very rare breed of quarterback who could play effectively with a bad offensive line because of his super-quick release.

I actually agree with you that Gardner Minshew is an impersonator of a good quarterback ...... but today's game, with that offensive line blocking for him, was hardly an indictment of that theory. I believe that his consistently missing open targets throughout this entire season would be a more appropriate critique of his skill-set.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck

Last edited by Colts And Orioles; 12-24-2023 at 10:20 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (12-25-2023)
Old 12-24-2023, 11:58 PM

Thanked 1,328 Times in 751 Posts

My .02:

Obviously extremely disappointed with this shit performance. To completely lay an egg like that against an average at best team with what was on the line is disgraceful. This team should be completely embarrassed by their performance today.

Not on the fire Bradley wagon, but he does need to make some major changes starting with how we defend screens. This has been exposed as a huge flaw in his scheme, and he needs to fix this. Also, we give WAY too much cushion to the other team’s receivers. That needs to change. There’s no excuse for us to give up conversions on 3rd and 10+ consistently like we do.

Not Bradley’s fault, but our tackling was garbage today.

Our OL should be embarrassed with how they’ve played as late. 2nd time in the last 3 games where they were completely dominated by a below average DL.

We obviously missed MPJ today. Need to re-sign him and add another starting WR in the offseason as well as some decent depth.

Amir Speed needs to go.

Last edited by IndyNorm; 12-25-2023 at 12:16 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (12-25-2023)
Old 12-25-2023, 10:09 AM

Thanked 1,328 Times in 751 Posts

Not too related to yesterday’s shit show, but these past couple weeks have shown just how unbelievably bad Mitch Trubisky is. Glad the Steelers made the switch to Rudolph after we played them, or we’d probably be currently in a 3 game losing streak.