ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 09-14-2019, 04:28 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
May be the worst player on defense to be out this week.
Disagree on this. The zone should be enough to slow Mariota. It all comes down to stopping Henry and Lewis. Hopefully Leonard shows up this week.
Old 09-14-2019, 04:44 PM

Thanked 2,568 Times in 1,147 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
I noticed they had Hunt dropping back in coverage on at least one play Sunday. I haven’t rewatched the entire game yet so I don’t know how often that happened and if it was only Hunt.

I don’t recall that happening much, if at all, last year. I could be wrong though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
Eberflus does it a few times each game. Usually some sort of zone blitz when someone (LB or DB) is coming from the edge.

Stephen Holder noticed the same thing and made a similar comment while he was reviewing the tape and writing up his article about Turay. He noted that Autry and Houston were dropping into coverage.

https://twitter.com/HolderStephen/st...60279056723969

Quote:
On an unrelated note, watch that clip closely and you can see DT Denico Autry dropping into coverage. Saw that a few times. Justin Houston too. Trying to mix it up against a really experienced QB, I guess. Wasn’t something we typically saw from the Colts in 2018.
Old 09-14-2019, 06:34 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

After watching last weeks game I think we miss Sheard big time. There are other guys on the line that should be able to get pressure (that's why we drafted them) but Sheard's expertise against the run is hard to replace.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
YDFL Commish (09-14-2019)
Old 09-14-2019, 07:00 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
After watching last weeks game I think we miss Sheard big time. There are other guys on the line that should be able to get pressure (that's why we drafted them) but Sheard's expertise against the run is hard to replace.
You are spot on. Sheard would have made a big difference. Still the LB play was not up to par either.

Walker and Leonard did not have gap discipline, Adams may as well not even be out there. He's starting to remind me of gawd awful Gilbert Gardner. Then Leonard going for the strip without securing the tackle, is something you never would've seen last season.