ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 09-08-2019, 08:08 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts
Default Not sure if GBB left for good or not... so here's my summary

Well, shit!

AV f'd us hard today.

Damn damn damn how nice it is to see a Colts team that in 2 of the last 3 games played just snapped the ball and pushed the ball forward sort of at will with a F-U attitude! I was sitting there waiting for the big play action- and we never ran it- because we could just grind them down. Over the duration of a season, that is going to create such a winning mentality- we are just going to smack you in the face and you're going to like it! That part I freakin' loved. Yeah I know Nelson wasn't the reason for the conversion on 2- that was really Kelly but if you watch that replay, Nelson is so incredibly strong- he pulled his man across his body and about three yards deep in the end zone- from his back (could have very easily been called for a hold).

Jacoby, perfectly fine, excellent game- that throw to Ebron- that was a throw that top caliber starters make. The throw to Funchess to the sideline, great positional throw. The back shoulders back to back- excellent. This game had to build his confidence. I get that it was mostly close to the vest but 21-27 is 77% fucking percent period and 2 TD's- 77% completions and a 175 yard runner, you're gonna win 8 out of 10 times doing that shit- and short of AV shitting the bed, we won this one.

Thrilled with the pash rush, I have been pounding the Tuary drum- I think we have a star in the making- 2 strip sacks (yeah I know one didn't count)- he gets leverage so damn fast- very much reminds me of Mathis.

The bad- The Maniac was sort of on the less than maniacal side today - and I saw him get planted a couple times- very disappointed in his showing today. Interior run game, miserable gap exposure, they let them get pushed directionally and it opened way too many running lanes and the backers were not filling well enough.

Very very very disappointed in the play of the back 4 with the exception of the pick by Hooker. In fact I have to believe Hooker got sat down for a while after that Allen TD where he was 4.5 hours late to recognize the throw. His head down dive on the last run- that's exactly the knock on him- that was middle school level bad. We gave cushions we didn't necessarily rally to the ball well. I thought Geathers looked a step slow in every capacity.

Obviously it goes without saying that ST's was a catastrophe today- but I expect AV will show his grit and he won't be a problem the rest of the year.

Overall- I am pretty optimistic and I expect us to go into TN and play well- I expect Jacoby to start hitting some seam stuff for big YAC. It didn't look like Funchess was hurting too bad, he was back on the sideline, helmet on so I think he would have come back in if we got the ball. I want to see us tighten up some underneath stuff and for Leonard to play at a much higher level.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
1965southpaw (09-09-2019), apballin (09-08-2019), BCN#1 (09-09-2019), bertjones (09-08-2019), Chaka (09-09-2019), Dewey 5 (09-08-2019), Indiana V2 (09-08-2019), Lov2fish (09-08-2019), nate505 (09-08-2019), Phelanka7 (09-08-2019), Racehorse (09-08-2019), Spike (09-08-2019), Thorgrim (09-08-2019), YDFL Commish (09-08-2019)
Old 09-08-2019, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
Well, shit!

AV f'd us hard today.

Damn damn damn how nice it is to see a Colts team that in 2 of the last 3 games played just snapped the ball and pushed the ball forward sort of at will with a F-U attitude! I was sitting there waiting for the big play action- and we never ran it- because we could just grind them down. Over the duration of a season, that is going to create such a winning mentality- we are just going to smack you in the face and you're going to like it! That part I freakin' loved. Yeah I know Nelson wasn't the reason for the conversion on 2- that was really Kelly but if you watch that replay, Nelson is so incredibly strong- he pulled his man across his body and about three yards deep in the end zone- from his back (could have very easily been called for a hold).

Jacoby, perfectly fine, excellent game- that throw to Ebron- that was a throw that top caliber starters make. The throw to Funchess to the sideline, great positional throw. The back shoulders back to back- excellent. This game had to build his confidence. I get that it was mostly close to the vest but 21-27 is 77% fucking percent period and 2 TD's- 77% completions and a 175 yard runner, you're gonna win 8 out of 10 times doing that shit- and short of AV shitting the bed, we won this one.

Thrilled with the pash rush, I have been pounding the Tuary drum- I think we have a star in the making- 2 strip sacks (yeah I know one didn't count)- he gets leverage so damn fast- very much reminds me of Mathis.

The bad- The Maniac was sort of on the less than maniacal side today - and I saw him get planted a couple times- very disappointed in his showing today. Interior run game, miserable gap exposure, they let them get pushed directionally and it opened way too many running lanes and the backers were not filling well enough.

Very very very disappointed in the play of the back 4 with the exception of the pick by Hooker. In fact I have to believe Hooker got sat down for a while after that Allen TD where he was 4.5 hours late to recognize the throw. His head down dive on the last run- that's exactly the knock on him- that was middle school level bad. We gave cushions we didn't necessarily rally to the ball well. I thought Geathers looked a step slow in every capacity.

Obviously it goes without saying that ST's was a catastrophe today- but I expect AV will show his grit and he won't be a problem the rest of the year.

Overall- I am pretty optimistic and I expect us to go into TN and play well- I expect Jacoby to start hitting some seam stuff for big YAC. It didn't look like Funchess was hurting too bad, he was back on the sideline, helmet on so I think he would have come back in if we got the ball. I want to see us tighten up some underneath stuff and for Leonard to play at a much higher level.
Good summary. I do hope GBB comes back. Always looked forward to his post game analysis.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jasperhobbs For This Useful Post:
Coltsalr (09-08-2019), Dewey 5 (09-08-2019)
Old 09-08-2019, 08:23 PM
Post whore

I agree with a lot of what you say, and I am optimistic, too. Brissett was solid, and O-line got better as game went on.
Old 09-08-2019, 08:45 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,608 Times in 2,020 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperhobbs View Post
Good summary. I do hope GBB comes back. Always looked forward to his post game analysis.
Did he retire?
Old 09-08-2019, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Did he retire?
Yea the rehab of this place wore him down mentally.
apballin (09-08-2019), ChoppedWood (09-08-2019), Chromeburn (09-08-2019)
Old 09-08-2019, 08:53 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,608 Times in 2,020 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
Yea the rehab of this place wore him down mentally.
Oh, he's lurking. Stop lurking GBB. Chopped Wood is sorry, he is an emotional little girl when it comes to the Colts. Everybody was upset. You know you have a whole analysis written up after that debacle and you are just dying to post it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (09-08-2019)
Old 09-08-2019, 09:04 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Oh, he's lurking. Stop lurking GBB. Chopped Wood is sorry, he is an emotional little girl when it comes to the Colts. Everybody was upset. You know you have a whole analysis written up after that debacle and you are just dying to post it.
I am so fucking offended by this. I have been thinking about stopping posting for a long time, trying to battle back from the difficult times of not being able to post at my emotional best has been hard, I know I've given it everything I had it's just time for me to move on without posts here. Seeing people like you typing these negative things, I have to be honest, it hurts.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
Chromeburn (09-08-2019), Coltsalr (09-08-2019), IndyNorm (09-08-2019), nate505 (09-08-2019)
Old 09-08-2019, 09:04 PM

Quote:
He left in a huff over people daring to be mad at Luck. Surprised he doesn't have a job with the local media.
Old 09-08-2019, 09:16 PM

Thanked 1,895 Times in 922 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Classic View Post
He left in a huff over people daring to be mad at Luck. Surprised he doesn't have a job with the local media.
Yeah, that was one of the snowflakiest displays I’ve ever seen.

Not to mention, if he swore off this board because of the sentiments on Luck, he swore off every Colts board, because those same sentiments were on every board I saw.
Old 09-08-2019, 09:18 PM

Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,198 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperhobbs View Post
We all did. But alas some people are too pussified for this forum. Sherck, where are you?
The Following User Says Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
omahacolt (09-09-2019)