ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-07-2022, 01:34 PM

Thanked 1,477 Times in 815 Posts

My take: that was gross. both teams should get an L.
The Following User Says Thank You to rcubed For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (10-07-2022)
Old 10-07-2022, 01:35 PM

Thanked 1,649 Times in 790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
If you ever want him to pull, get downfield and make a block on the 2nd level, yes he is a turtle.
That's the only justification I can think of for keeping him at OT and moving Smith to RG. That we ask our guards to pull or otherwise get downfield or out in space too much for Pryor. Smith is probably our best RG, but I think we need him at RT.

Hopefully they settle on a lineup over the mini bye. Try some stuff, yeah, but getting reps as a unit and getting a feel for each other is just as important.
Old 10-07-2022, 01:50 PM

Thanked 4,290 Times in 1,755 Posts

1) i feel bad for ryan. i don't even know what he has left in the tank. he is taking a beating. he is a tough dude. this offensive line play is absolutely embarrassing.

2) pryor can't play anymore. anywhere. he has to sit. put Dennis Kelly at rt and go that route. or move smith back out at tackle and put fries at rg. pryor is not a guy

3) raimann at least settled in a little as the game went on. just have to go with him the rest of the year.

4) have heard the wr's are not getting separation. have not been able to see all 22 this year but it looks to be accurate to me.

5) pierce is amazing at catching contested passes. which is great if he isn't going to get separation. this kid has some real potential

6) where did the te's go?

7) this thomas kid may be something. not sure blackmon gets his job back easily

8) the broncos offense is almost as gross as ours. i think i may rather have ryan

9) at least there was a little room for the backs last night. get healthy hines.

10) what a shitty game
The Following User Says Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (10-07-2022)
Old 10-07-2022, 01:56 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
1) i feel bad for ryan. i don't even know what he has left in the tank. he is taking a beating. he is a tough dude. this offensive line play is absolutely embarrassing.
He has legitimate grounds to sue for false advertising. Ballard blew smoke up his ass about these dudes.

Nelson getting sat on his ass, damn man, this thing is a catastrophe.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
red raindog (10-07-2022)
Old 10-07-2022, 02:29 PM

-Ryan is shell-shocked. Even if this line starts to hold up in pass-pro for him, he may not trust them enough to play well. He never looks a bit relaxed out there, even when he has time.

-Jackson should have been getting more run last night, he looked good. Fresh legs. But he also looked small and goes down fairly quickly after contact.

-AP emerging. Love to see it, and this might solve a big roster hole going into next year.

-Paris can walk. Congrats man, you made a play. Lets draft a young speedy slot man and let Paris thrive on the Bills or something.

-We need to learn to use Woods and MOE in the seams more. Two mammoths that continue to go underutilized on a consistent basis.

-Loss of Kwity will be noticeable going forward, and was very noticeable when he left the game. You can literally see the lack of edge setting when he isn't out there.

-Rodgers needs to stay a starter. He is an old school play maker. No question, and Thomas too. We have a nice safety rotation from what I can see.

-I like Zaire Franklin as a football player. He reminds me a bit of Anthony Walker, with a bit more range. He had some nice plays.

-Time to see why we took DAYO so early. He is healthy, has some run under his belt, and there is now a wide open gap for snaps right in front of him.

-What will it take to go get Levy?
Old 10-07-2022, 05:30 PM

Thanked 1,649 Times in 790 Posts

Did anybody else hear the refs call a timeout for San Diego last night? I must've missed it.

That's funny and reminds me... that crew last night was pretty fucking awful.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (10-07-2022), red raindog (10-07-2022)
Old 10-07-2022, 06:44 PM

Thanked 1,325 Times in 749 Posts

My thoughts and responses:

Pryor - He's complete garbage, or at least he is now. He played ok last year at RG so if the FO/CS insists on playing him then it should be there. Of course he also played ok at his 1 start at LT, but I'm guessing he got A LOT of help from Doyle. Ballard should be absolutely ashamed of himself for handing over the most important spot on the OL to Pryor.

Ryan - if he wasn't broken when he got here he sure as shit is now. Don't know if it's b/c he's shell shocked from getting the shit beat out of him every game, but he's way too indecisive, holds onto the ball way too long, and is always double and triple clutching with the ball hanging out to the side. And both of his picks were horrible, especially the first one where he threw into quadruple coverage. As others mentioned he does look much better when we go up tempo, which if I'm not mistaken is a consistent theme under Reich.

Pierce - looked really good and made some great catches.

Raimann - settled in as the game went on. 2/3 of the holding calls were BS IMHO (although one of them didn't matter b/c Den declined it).

Jackson and Phillips - Both looked good running the ball, especially Jackson late. Hope the OL can provide JT with some running room when he gets back.

Gilmore - Total badass performance. No idea why Denver went for a TD at the end of regulation, but glad they did.

DL - Pass rush was the best it's been for a long time and they did a good job in stuffing the run until late after Paye went down. Is that b/c they're getting better or b/c Den's OL sucks? Guessing a little of both.

Paye - Glad to see his X-rays were negative. Hope he's back soon b/c we need him in there.

Thomas II - Dude looks like a player. Hope he keeps it up. Too bad he tripped over his own feet on his int return b/c I think he may have been able to take it to the house.

Refs - I didn't here them announce the San Diego TO, but it wouldn't surprise me b/c they were fucking terrible last night. As mentioned above 2/3 holds they called on Raimann were BS, the PI call on McCleod is one of the worst calls I've ever seen, and Ryan was hit in the helmet multiple times w/ no flag. Also, they need to stay the fuck out of our safeties way.
The Following User Says Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
omahacolt (10-07-2022)
Old 10-07-2022, 06:58 PM

I will say this for Ryan. He has been absolutely ass fucked by this line since the first snap of the season. He has not once throwed those useless douchebags under the bus. Truly a pro.
Hoopsdoc (10-08-2022), JAFF (10-07-2022), omahacolt (10-07-2022), Racehorse (10-07-2022), Spike (10-07-2022)
Old 10-07-2022, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
OL change was necessary, but they keep making the wrong changes.

OL lineup should be:

Raimann-Nelson-Pinter-Kelly-Smith
The O-line should not include Ryan Kelly...he has gone downhill a lot in the last 2 years and is probably done as an effective O-lineman at any position.
Old 10-07-2022, 09:02 PM

Thanked 1,325 Times in 749 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckColt View Post
The O-line should not include Ryan Kelly...he has gone downhill a lot in the last 2 years and is probably done as an effective O-lineman at any position.
I don't know about 2 years, but he definitely sucks this year. Maybe he's still messed up over his daughter's passing.
The Following User Says Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
YDFL Commish (10-07-2022)