ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-06-2022, 12:33 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts
Default Jelani Woods - Texting in church- Dakich show question

Was getting in the car as Dakich was talking about this so I didn't get the context, but apparently Woods playing time has been impacted by him apparently texting in church? Anybody get the full sound bite on this?

Again, did not get the story but trying to figure out what he was saying. Didn't get who said it, whether it impacted his playing time last week (only Strachan had less snaps last week), or if it a declaration on some form of "doghouse" status for tonight, etc...

Could have also been one of his fictitious rationalization for Woods not being on the field last week (implied shade at Frank). Though what I did catch sounded like he was reporting on something that had been said in response to Woods limited snaps last week.

If this is true, and if a dude's PT has been impacted by him texting during church, man Jim just sell this thing. Hold a garage sale tomorrow and just give it away.
Old 10-06-2022, 12:37 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,059 Posts

I saw McAfree say something like this but they were joking around. I think he was texting on the sideline. You are not supposed to have phones on the field. Against NFL rules.

If Frank did this for texting in church I’m sure that would be a NFLPA violation. And I don’t think any coach would do that.
Old 10-06-2022, 12:37 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

He also went on to say that Hines has apparently been grumbling about his lack of use (there was a cut away last week where it sure did look like as he came off the field and took of his helmet he was yelling back toward the coaches).

Though I can't find anything on this anywhere.

If he is, good, someone needs to break the great coach, great guy seal on this team and start letting it be known there is discord among the ranks (which being this shitty, there absolutely has to be).
Old 10-06-2022, 01:56 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,059 Posts

Not a fan of Dakich. I don’t trust anything he says. Keeps pushing his buddy Grigson was good. I think he has a bone to pick with this admin.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Brylok (10-06-2022), Butter (10-06-2022), Racehorse (10-07-2022)
Old 10-06-2022, 02:05 PM

Thanked 1,650 Times in 791 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
I saw McAfree say something like this but they were joking around. I think he was texting on the sideline. You are not supposed to have phones on the field. Against NFL rules.

If Frank did this for texting in church I’m sure that would be a NFLPA violation. And I don’t think any coach would do that.
He was texting on the sidelines? Do you have the clip from McAfee by chance?

Dakich thinks Grigson is a better GM than Ballard and Urban Meyer wasn't the problem in JAX because, "I don't know. I'm just saying. I don't know."
The Following User Says Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
Chromeburn (10-06-2022)
Old 10-06-2022, 02:17 PM

Thanked 1,902 Times in 928 Posts

Sorry, but you’d have to be pretty dumb to believe a story like that.

Like the whole team goes to church together and Reich sits up front and Woods was laughing and texting and throwing spitballs in the back.

Lol.
Old 10-06-2022, 02:30 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Not a fan of Dakich. I don’t trust anything he says. Keeps pushing his buddy Grigson was good. I think he has a bone to pick with this admin.
Dan can be very entertaining, especially his Bob Knight stories. He's a shit-stirrer and troll most of the time though, so I don't listen to him anymore. I remember when he swore he'd never return to twitter. He obviously returned.
Bob Knight Christmas is funny as hell, I'll give him that.
Chromeburn (10-06-2022)
Old 10-06-2022, 02:37 PM

Thanked 1,667 Times in 797 Posts

I've said it before but once again:
Bob Knight was a great basketball coach who was also an asshole.
Dakich was dumb enough to think that being an asshole was necessary to being a great coach (or similar job), so being an asshole qualified Grigson to being good at GM, and not being an asshole makes Reich and/or Ballard not qualified.
The Following User Says Thank You to HoosierinFL For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (10-07-2022)
Old 10-06-2022, 02:44 PM

Thanked 2,538 Times in 1,489 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post
I've said it before but once again:
Bob Knight was a great basketball coach who was also an asshole.
Dakich was dumb enough to think that being an asshole was necessary to being a great coach (or similar job), so being an asshole qualified Grigson to being good at GM, and not being an asshole makes Reich and/or Ballard not qualified.
Good call.

The thing about about an asshole is that if you're successful, it gives you a lot of leeway. If you're not, it makes it very easy for you to get canned or crushed, and rightfully so. Nobody wants to put up with someone who is incompetent and awful to be around.

Or to say it another way, a winning asshole is a winner. A losing asshole is just an asshole.
Chromeburn (10-06-2022), Racehorse (10-07-2022)
Old 10-06-2022, 03:24 PM

Thanked 4,294 Times in 1,758 Posts

they joked about this on the mcafee show and then the next day said that people ran with it on the internet.