ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-03-2022, 12:43 PM

Thanked 1,649 Times in 790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
There are none or not many RBs faster than JT. Yet, we never seem to see any outside runs. I just think it would loosen up the middle where he really had been effective last year.
We haven't done many outside runs in general. Even Hines/WR's on jet sweeps like we've done before. I feel like I see soft looks quite a few times when they do the jet sweep motion, but they aren't calling it. I agree, it would loosen up the box and create some false-steps by defenders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
This is what pisses me off about yesterday. The second half proved that we can beat them. WE just wait until after halftime to demolish them. They got about 25 yards from scrimmage after the half. Where was that in the first half? We play like that in the first, and they roll over. Are you hearing me, Frank?
Yesterday was like the HOU game, especially offensively. It wasn't like JAX or KC. Our OL wasn't constantly allowing the pocket to collapse. But they did get flat out beat in some 1-on-1's against some good D-lineman.

But then Matt Ryan takes it from being a negative play to a full-blown fucking catastrophe with the fumbling. If it's not giving TEN the ball already in scoring range, it's creating a 3rd-and-impossible when it should be 3rd-and-medium.

Not only is it stopping our own offense which is moving the ball effectively even with zero running game... but it's pinning our defense in terrible position while they otherwise played plenty well enough to win.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (10-03-2022)
Old 10-03-2022, 12:44 PM

Thanked 1,477 Times in 815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
I think this team rebounds in a week or two. Then it will be a mad dash to the end of the season again.
I would guess we will win just enough games to put us out of contention for drafting a top QB and we know ballard isnt moving up to get one, so.......
Old 10-03-2022, 12:45 PM

Thanked 1,649 Times in 790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
I am done with this coaching staff, we need a new one next year. I am fine with ballard for now but he needs to adjust some, which he probably wont.
What would a new coaching staff have provided us yesterday? Extra time in practice not turning the ball over at your own 30?
Old 10-03-2022, 12:59 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,664 Times in 2,049 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
I would guess we will win just enough games to put us out of contention for drafting a top QB and we know ballard isnt moving up to get one, so.......
Mediocrity sucks. Although this might be a deep QB class with guys that have potential but need developing. I don’t know if I love the top couple guys.
Old 10-03-2022, 01:01 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,664 Times in 2,049 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
but they struggle with physically blocking people as well. and can't run block at all
Only takes one failed block to collapse the hole. They just aren’t playing as a unit. I don’t know. That’s what the oline vets were saying last week. We will find out soon.
Old 10-03-2022, 03:09 PM

Thanked 1,477 Times in 815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
What would a new coaching staff have provided us yesterday? Extra time in practice not turning the ball over at your own 30?

I feel like we have been in constant decline with this group for a while. Seems like we could use a new voice next season.
The Following User Says Thank You to rcubed For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (10-03-2022)