ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 09-06-2019, 05:26 PM

Holy crap, we all see both points of view clearly. Let this shit marinate for a few weeks and revisit it then.
The Following User Says Thank You to Colt Classic For This Useful Post:
YDFL Commish (09-06-2019)
Old 09-06-2019, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Classic View Post
Holy crap, we all see both points of view clearly. Let this shit marinate for a few weeks and revisit it then.
Shit is boring with no games. Hyped for them to start but not much else to talk about until they do
The Following User Says Thank You to rm1369 For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (09-06-2019)
Old 03-30-2020, 12:30 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,247 Times in 1,998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

Perhaps a small portion of this move was to ignite some kind of perception equals reality adage ........ pay him like a good quarterback, make him feel like he's a good quarterback, and perhaps it will contribute toward him playing like a good quarterback.

Obviously that wouldn't work with somebody like Curtis Painter or Scott Tolzien, but with somebody who has already shown that he has above-average ability/potential at the NFL level like Brissett has, it may have an impact (however nominal.)

o
o

(ALMOST 7 MONTHS LATER)

What the fuck do I know about running a football team, anyway ??? (outside of always starting a team with an offensive line and liking Jimmy Johnson's philosophy of going with smaller, more athletic players on defense, not much.)

The Colts still have one year left on Brissett's contract (2020), and they have acquired veteran Philip Rivers to take the reins of starting quarterback for said season.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 04-02-2020, 04:39 PM

After watching Jacoby Brissett for 16 games, one thing seems clear. Even before the injury, he wasn't someone who could get into a shootout with another elite QB and come out on top.

He's tough, he has a great arm, and no one can question his leadership skills.

But, as far as every other skill needed play the position is concerned, his skillset ranges from average to mediocre...or worse.

He does a poor job reading defenses, his accuracy is mediocre, he lacks touch and finesse. Despite having a great arm, he's afraid of forcing the ball downfield; and simple timing patterns seem beyond his ability to master.

Last edited by Kray007; 04-02-2020 at 04:44 PM.
Old 04-04-2020, 12:49 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kray007 View Post
After watching Jacoby Brissett for 16 games, one thing seems clear. Even before the injury, he wasn't someone who could get into a shootout with another elite QB and come out on top.

He's tough, he has a great arm, and no one can question his leadership skills.

But, as far as every other skill needed play the position is concerned, his skillset ranges from average to mediocre...or worse.

He does a poor job reading defenses, his accuracy is mediocre, he lacks touch and finesse. Despite having a great arm, he's afraid of forcing the ball downfield; and simple timing patterns seem beyond his ability to master.
Kinda like Tim Tebow. Great in every way except putting the ball into receivers hands.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
JAFF (04-04-2020)
Old 04-04-2020, 08:04 AM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
Well, this whole discussion (and my initial comments) centered upon the contract amount. I've said that I understood and accepted the strategy of locking him down for one more year, but I just didn't want to sink too much money into him because he hasn't proven anything yet. I also worry that a large commitment will make it harder to remove him quickly if he's not up to the task. That's all.
I'll apologize to everyone up front, but I need to ask, why do you care how much money Irsay spends? Next year, if BOTH Brissett and Rivers are gone, the cap will be different. And if I were to bet, I think that's what is going to happen.

Ballard has been stocking up on money and cheap players and now he's spending it. No body goes to the Super Bowl because they have more cap space.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
Puck (04-06-2020), Racehorse (04-04-2020), YDFL Commish (04-04-2020)